Am I the only one who doesn't like too smooth graphics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

I just prefer graphics that are a bit pixelled like Oblivion's. I know that MGS4, Crysis, GT5, and Uncharted are a million times better but its just that smooth graphics doesn't appeal.

Best graphics for me are Rogue Galaxy, Hitman Blood Money, FFX, and SotC. For PS3 only Oblivion so far.

LV15Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LV15Ninja
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts
you Like Mediocrity? go buy a wii.
Fists1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fists1
Member since 2006 • 980 Posts
also the correct blow to the back of the head can make everything look kinda like that, maybe an idea for in a year or 2 when next gen really gets swinging
io7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 io7
Member since 2008 • 116 Posts

I just prefer graphics that are a bit pixelled like Oblivion's. I know that MGS4, Crysis, GT5, and Uncharted are a million times better but its just that smooth graphics doesn't appeal.

Best graphics for me are Rogue Galaxy, Hitman Blood Money, FFX, and SotC. For PS3 only Oblivion so far.

skp_16

you are FREAKY and WEIRD man - if you like pixels then get xbox, wii, ps2, etc lolz

redalert2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 redalert2004
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts
i dont underdstand you... try some ps1 classics on your ps3 if you like pixels.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
Yeah uhm... I think you are. Lol.
machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts
yah i love smooth graphics, what i hate is candied up graphics like COD4, turok, and certain parts of uncharted in the jungle. them graphics give me headaches and make me feel dizzy and crap, way 2 much stuff going on. its how they do the camera work and the perspective i think
io7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 io7
i think it is called 'enhanced realism in digital form' and deserves a freaking oscar just for that work lol. you want detail? go MGS4
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Cactus_Matt
Member since 2008 • 8604 Posts
WHAT! OBLIVION IS NOT PIXELATED! lol, no i prefer my graphics smooth, I'd hardly say that Oblivion falls into the pixelated category though? It's not that bad...is it?
io7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 io7
yes it is compared to new games. dont get me started on how i like oblivion lolz
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cactus_Matt

yes it is compared to new games. dont get me started on how i like oblivion lolzio7

Which games in particular? I'm curious because i'd like to play them, i'm terribly shallow when it comes to games and graphics lol. (Bare in mind I don't own a PC so no mentioning how beautiful Crysis looks lol)

iamserious00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iamserious00
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts
Your Like..LOL!xD
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skp_16

WHAT! OBLIVION IS NOT PIXELATED! lol, no i prefer my graphics smooth, I'd hardly say that Oblivion falls into the pixelated category though? It's not that bad...is it?Cactus_Matt

Yes it is but just very little.

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skp_16
[QUOTE="skp_16"]

io7

you are FREAKY and WEIRD man - if you like pixels then get xbox, wii, ps2, etc lolz

I like smooth graphics but not too smooth. But I also don't like very pixelated graphics. A mixture of smoothness and pixels is what I like.

machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts

i think it is called 'enhanced realism in digital form' and deserves a freaking oscar just for that work lol. you want detail? go MGS4io7

i played mgs4 all the way through and it didn't do it. its just certain games the dev's candy it up a certain way and it confusses my eye's and crap.

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

you Like Mediocrity? go buy a wii.LV15Ninja

lol!

http://areyouwhy.com/picts/MMan_bn.jpg

Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#17 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts

I likegood looking games as much as the next person but for me the story and the gameplay are more important. Give me a lightsaber and force powers no matter what the graphics look like and i'll be happy.

That being said, I played half life a long while after release and i got motion sickness from the crappy graphics.

So while clean graphics are great they're not essential.

Check out Star Control 3 (circa 96 i think), not great grapically but a simply awesome game.

Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#18 Yazu13
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts
This is the first that I've heard of someone with your point of view. I suppose pixelated and rough graphics can appeal to nostalgia (Like how Mario for the NES is still fun), however, I like to play games with impressive graphics rather than out-of-date games. Although, I suppose that's because I've already played the worthwhile games of last generation.
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cactus_Matt

I likegood looking games as much as the next person but for me the story and the gameplay are more important. Give me a lightsaber and force powers no matter what the graphics look like and i'll be happy.

That being said, I played half life a long while after release and i got motion sickness from the crappy graphics.

So while clean graphics are great they're not essential.

Check out Star Control 3 (circa 96 i think), not great grapically but a simply awesome game.

mattsnibbs

No doubt about that sir, one of my favourite games of all time still is the original Quake, the atmosphere, the monsters, the level design, the game as a whole is still something I remember to this day despite not having played it in over a year (dang apple lol)

Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cactus_Matt
Oh and also Max Payne, awesome storyline and voice acting...O.T Can't wait for the movie!!!
michelle341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 michelle341
Member since 2008 • 734 Posts

skp_16

smooth graphics are more realistic...mybe a nes or a snes will suit u more then a ps3..

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts
You're the only one I've heard of. I played through Oblivion and it did not look pixelated. It was the xbox 360 version, though; maybe it lost quality in the port to another system.
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cactus_Matt

You're the only one I've heard of. I played through Oblivion and it did not look pixelated. It was the xbox 360 version, though; maybe it lost quality in the port to another system.Bubble_Man

I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions of Oblivion (and not just in passing, completed the main quest in both versions) and both are almost identical to my untrained though critical eye.

sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
i love games with good graphics.
Avatar image for patrickncompany
patrickncompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 patrickncompany
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts
half life 2s ones make me dizzy
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

[QUOTE="Bubble_Man"] You're the only one I've heard of. I played through Oblivion and it did not look pixelated. It was the xbox 360 version, though; maybe it lost quality in the port to another system.Cactus_Matt

I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions of Oblivion (and not just in passing, completed the main quest in both versions) and both are almost identical to my untrained though critical eye.

I'll take your word for it; I've yet to play the PS3 version. Are the loading times any faster on the PS3 version?

GootHimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GootHimp
Member since 2008 • 581 Posts

you Like Mediocrity? go buy a wii.LV15Ninja

This

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
OK cool, I see you don't base great games on graphics which is good because one should never base a game on graphics alone. I still play my Sega Mega Drive games and I can enjoy them as much as playing PS2 games
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
You should have never purchased a "HD" console.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Well, If you play ps2 games in HD i guess you will be happy...
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#31 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
WHAT? I've always hated fugly.