Am i the only one dissapointed in console's graphics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

I know that graphics dont entirely make a game, but i still think they are just as important as the gameplay. Yes i know that there a some exceptions, but i feel as if some developers dont take time to polish up textures and add AA into games, or add more draw scale to see farther without everything being a blur. Most games have very bland textures. It just baffles me how MW2 could look so good on my computer yet on cconsoles it looks like i went back to a gamecube game. Seems as if only exlcusives like UC2 and MGS4 get all the graphical attention. I'm not saying all games need to look like them but atleast polish them up.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Five hundred and twelve megabyte of random-access memory. You have to cut corners. Also, you better pop in a GameCube game again to see just what those games looked like.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Yes i know i over exagerated. But seriously they dont even have 1gb of ram? yet they make UC2 and KZ2, of course they could do it for COD games

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
No they dont have 1gb of RAM. But yeah, I think a majority of this gen console games look great.
lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts
No they dont have 1gb of RAM. But yeah, I think a majority of this gen console games look great.MethodManFTW
yea your just ranting if it bothers you stay on your pc. tired of seeing wtf is wrong with the ps3 topics
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I game on a high end PC and i am still impressed with console graphics. Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Ratchet and Clank.....heck i cant fault the graphics on any of my PS3 games. I see jaggies sometimes, but they dont really bother me when i am playing a game.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Graphics are NOT just as important as gameplay. My favorite game of all time is Persona 4 which has pretty bad graphics for a 2008 game. Gameplay and story are everything in a game for me. Graphics are a nice bonus, but I could care less how a game looks as long as the story keeps me entertained and the game is fun to play. And I think console graphics looks just fine. FFXIII, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, God of War III, Resonance of Fate, etc. all look great to me.
Flatbattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Flatbattery
Member since 2009 • 463 Posts

I'll take gameplay over graphics any day of the week, even though I haven't seen any really bad graphics yet on my PS3, and I've got 54 retail titles in my collection

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

While I take gameplay over graphics, I do agree with lazy devs that don't take advantage of consoles...or maybe it's the consoles themselves.:P

Some AA on most games wouldn't hurt either.

jokerzzzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jokerzzzzz
Member since 2008 • 175 Posts

[QUOTE=" Also, you better pop in a GameCube game again to see just what those games looked like.

Exactly. I went to my cousins house the other day who only has his old PS2. I played some of the games like GTA SA, Mafia, street fighter and that was when I full appreciated current gen consoles' graphics

Katsumic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Katsumic
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts

I think the PS3 and 360 graphics look great :) Sometimes they lag behind PC versions, but it's not like they're ugly on consoles. I do find that the PS3 exclusives look better than multiplatform games

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I think the graphics look great. If you are that picky then you shouldn't be playing video games for a while and stick to your customized PC.
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

i don't care graphics i care about fun

CaptainCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 CaptainCrazy
Member since 2002 • 6856 Posts
The simple answer here is that developers aren't optimizing their games for PS3 probably due to laziness and the expense of game development these days. Every time I play a multiplatform game it usually looks like crap on the PS3 yet when I play an exclusive it is absolutely gorgeous and blows the 360 graphics out of the water. As the PS3 continues to sell more systems I think we'll see developers making games for PS3 first and then porting to 360 so graphics should continue to improve. Also the PS3 was designed to be very versatile with lots of horsepower so we'll see graphics improve even more in the future.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Gameplay matters more actually.
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

you post this now? the ps3 has been around for years now, and you post this now?

so, yes,the system is definately aged, technologies advancing by the day - yet the consoles are frozen in time, that is the reality of the console - however, there is no excuse for lazy a#$ developers - i hate some of thelazy half baked garbadge they try to market our way -

and, NO, you aint the only one dissapointed with the console's graphics, actually,you aint the first, and buddy you aint gonna be the last - so get over it - if you can, and if you cant, well then you cant, just one of those things dude - it is a matter of economics.