Am i even turning this off right!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamefreak1393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamefreak1393
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

i hold the power switch up until the screen goes black (bout 4 secs) but it still seems to loose power

like in about four days of not being used it went from 7 hours to 4 hours left how is it looseing power if im not playing? im not putting it in sleep mode am I?

if I am how do I turn it completly off?

oh and i do quit the game and go the the psp menu if that effects it

gamefreak1393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gamefreak1393
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

or is this just something the psp does for what ever reason (i dont it but never know)

Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

Doesn't make any sense to me.

CaptainCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 CaptainCrazy
Member since 2002 • 6856 Posts
I had the same problem, sometimes I "think" i'm turning off the PSP only to realize later when the battery is dead it must have went to sleep mode. It's pretty stupid that you have to slide power switch up for so long before you know for sure it's off. I guess sony really wants to make sure you don't turn it off by accident...which is impossible.
deathxxshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deathxxshark
Member since 2006 • 541 Posts
On the Fat PSP it only takes me like 2 seconds of holding up the switch for the complete shutoff, but I have had instances where I try to switch it off "hold" and accidentally put it to sleep, so I guess Sony changed this in the newer models
Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts

On the Fat PSP it only takes me like 2 seconds of holding up the switch for the complete shutoff, but I have had instances where I try to switch it off "hold" and accidentally put it to sleep, so I guess Sony changed this in the newer models deathxxshark

No, they didn't. At least not for the 2000 model. That annoys me to no end.

Anyway, I've left my PSP alone for weeks and it still turned on... Not sure what's going on with yours...

ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

i think thats normal. otherwise you need a change in batteries if you bought it new your soppose to charge that battary full till you use it. or dont know

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
You can turn your PSP "off" but it will still lose battery power. I know it sucks, I'll not play it for a week after just charging it and it'll be down to 1 bar when I turn it on for the first time after that week.
LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LiftedHeadshot
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts
If you truly want to save power/ elongate your battery's lifespan, then you must remove the battery after every use. Just by being in the socket, it's battery drains. Also, do not charge while playing. You should only use the battery for portability, and at home, or where ever you mostly play it, plug it into the charger without the battery in.
mastermind242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mastermind242
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
but i had my game on hold and i turned it off to quick now it can turn back on wat happen
MacSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MacSexy
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

but i had my game on hold and i turned it off to quick now it can turn back on wat happenmastermind242

You had your game on hold...and you turned it off to quick...now it can turn back on...what happen?

...You must be a fan of Zero Wing...right?

Are you talking about putting the system to sleep mid-game?

That's normal. Best way to pause the game to do something, and pick it up at a later time.

Though (if I am reading this in the context that you read the battery removal statement above), removing the battery would mean you can't start the game from where you left off, because removing the battery turns off the system, since a small amount of power is used to keep the system in sleep mode.

Some people suggest this whole process of keeping the battery charged:
Run the battery until it has to turn off from the flashing 'this-is-a-battery-so-low-on-charge-I'm-gonna-waste-energy-to-tell-you-this' sign on the screen. Keep trying to power it on until it's unresponsive (if you want, I personally just leave the system be for several hours while it cools off, so I can turn it on to drain the battery again, this way the power switch doesn't get damaged from over use)...then charge it back up.

mastermind242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mastermind242
i will try that but i don't know how to open it
alphabetguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alphabetguy
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

that might be a battery problem, because it shouldnt lose so much charge if its completely off.. maybe buy a new battery?

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

I always thought you were supposed to hold the R trigger and push the Power switch up until it turned off :?

mastermind242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mastermind242
i don't have my charger and i just think it dead
gamersam222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gamersam222
i just put it to sleep and leave it on the charger my psp hasn't been turned off for like 2 weeks
mastermind242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mastermind242
i put it in hold and turned it off to quick and it was on 1 stroke and i dont have my charger