Alright, Alright I did it...I got a PS3...YOU ALL ARE WINNER!!

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

Afternoon fellow gamers...

To anyone who has posted with me before in S.W, You'll know that I've always been a bit critical of the PS3 as a game system...(not stupid fanboy hate but genuine critisms) all in all I just didnt think it was worth the money. But low and behold I worked through christmas and saved some money without even realising it. One thing lead to another and before I knew it My GF and I were walking out of EB with a new Playstation, MGS4 and LBP...

And I gotta say... I was wrong and you guys for the most part were right. the PS3 is a great system at this point in its life. Both MGS4 and LBP are insanely fantastic, and Im now looking forward to picking up all the games you've been bragging about. God of war, Killzone and R2 all look just as fun as Ninja gaiden, Gears and maybe even Halo to me now.In any case its good to have the other half of the console gaming market open to me.

so yeah...your tireless devotion to the PS3, your links to awesome new videos and the recent reveiws have finally got the better of this critic, I would'nt have bothered if you guys wernt so adamant about the system...

so thank you for showing me that good console gaming doesnt start and end at the 360. Cause Im really enjoying the new experiance.

codalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 codalloo
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts
Told you so, you never know until you try.
Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts
good job. enjoy the ps3
buckugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 buckugly
Member since 2005 • 780 Posts

Caaannnn I have aaan Amen?! Hallelujah!

(yeah, well me too) Proud new owner of a PS3!

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Great dude. I'm happy for you.

But you're the winner in this, not us other PS3 owners. I just hope you keep enjoying video games, on the PS3, the 360, the Wii or whatever pleases you.

Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts

Awesome, congratulations!

Enjoy the system and the games. Glad to hear more people enjoying a wider array of games rather than sticking to one system, stubbornly ignoring all the fun they could be having.

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ImOldGreg
Feels like a guilty victory though...all these months of bagging the PS3, only to eat my own words now and say' 'you know what...this is awesome!!.'' :P
TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts
im sure theres alot of other ppl just like you but are to ashamed to admit it, yay for bravery! :D
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ImOldGreg

Awesome, congratulations!

Enjoy the system and the games. Glad to hear more people enjoying a wider array of games rather than sticking to one system, stubbornly ignoring all the fun they could be having.

Dr-Strangelove

Thats exactly what I thought! For a while the 360 was more then enough for me, but then I began to realise that now matter how many games I'd play on the system, I'd only be enjoying half the market that was catored to me. I figured if Ive got the money I might aswell use it, and stop ****ing about the price.

:P

hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts
Yea I bought one on Boxing day, and its much better then I had thought.
SCzOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SCzOwn
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
Congrats,Welcome aboard :-P
Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts
i know how you feel, just got my 80 gb ps3 yesterday with LBP, great stuff but i am sorely disopointed in the online, friggin ;aggy no matter what,
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ImOldGreg
Havent gone online yet, Im still getting the net installed in my new place :(
sNiFF_0420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sNiFF_0420
Member since 2003 • 254 Posts

im actually coming from the other side, i have a ps3 and i totally love it, mainly the blu-ray. But now im debating whether i should get an xbox :X

Some of the xbox games are really tempting me lol.....plus resident evil is going to xbox too??? WTF!

iono guys.....plz stop me from gettin a 360! lol

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
okay now get warhawk, uncharted, and valkyria chronicles
Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts

yea going from xbl to psn is kinda crap, or its just LBP servers,

but i have never had a problem with lag on xbl, but w/e psn is free :P

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :D I think the same applies to PS3 gamers as well. To truly get the most out of this generation, you really can't go without both the PS3 and the 360. If I had the money, I'd get a 360 too as I feel like I'm missing out on some pretty sweet stuff. Open-mindedness is key to enjoying oneself.
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
Congrats, you'll enjoy it. I have both systems and I enjoy my PS3 more.
skullgangs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 skullgangs
Member since 2008 • 429 Posts
yea I was the same too
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Welcome to the crew, man! Congratulations! Now try and enjoy our other exclusives such as Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance 2, Warhawk & Ninja Gaiden Sigma... Happy new year, happy new console, and a happy new you!

...your GF had fun with LBP, didn't she?

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

Well you know what they say...

Once you go black, you never go back :P

Enjoy man, right time to hop on the ps3..Great titles coming out.

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

Congrats, Hope you enjoy it.

I'd also like to direct you towards a few other games which would probably keep you having fun for a while. Uncharted (phenomenal game), Warhawk is awesome online fun and you can go online with 4 ppl, if your an RPG fan at all I suggest Valkyria Chronicles, there also the Resistance franchise, and you should probably (atleast) rent Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Heavenly Sword, both games have an awesome single player campaign.

Solid_Snak3Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Solid_Snak3Xx
Member since 2008 • 413 Posts
Welcome to the dark site. Sad i cant say the same about the 360 ( that just bought) but anyways enjoy your console and see you online !
Ryuketsu2043

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ryuketsu2043
Member since 2004 • 1899 Posts
You know i like the ps3..but i play alot of online and ps3 lets face it..is very flawed online..and lack of players too. Take for instance the sales for CoW:WAR..1.4 mil lo 360 yet only 547k on ps3 Right now my ps3 is a blu-ray player and plays 2 games..Resistance 2 and Valkyrie Chronicles
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
welcome to the brotherhood my friend
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
[QUOTE="Ryuketsu2043"]You know i like the ps3..but i play alot of online and ps3 lets face it..is very flawed online..and lack of players too. Take for instance the sales for CoW:WAR..1.4 mil lo 360 yet only 547k on ps3 Right now my ps3 is a blu-ray player and plays 2 games..Resistance 2 and Valkyrie Chronicles

I can guarantee you'll never have trouble finding an online match for WAW on the ps3 ... so you'll never experience this lack of players you speak of. The online is fine, and yes I've played both live and psn ... and at the end of the day ... when I'm just playing a game, I see no difference, but I do hear a difference (more 13yo whiners vs. less) but thats about it.
The_Azoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

#27 The_Azoth
Member since 2008 • 185 Posts

To anyone who has posted with me before in S.W, You'll know that I've always been a bit critical of the PS3 as a game system...(not stupid fanboy hate but genuine critisms) all in all I just didnt think it was worth the money. But low and behold I worked through christmas and saved some money without even realising it. One thing lead to another and before I knew it My GF and I were walking out of EB with a new Playstation, MGS4 and LBP...

And I gotta say... I was wrong and you guys for the most part were right. the PS3 is a great system at this point in its life. Both MGS4 and LBP are insanely fantastic, and Im now looking forward to picking up all the games you've been bragging about. God of war, Killzone and R2 all look just as fun as Ninja gaiden, Gears and maybe even Halo to me now.In any case its good to have the other half of the console gaming market open to me.

so yeah...your tireless devotion to the PS3, your links to awesome new videos and the recent reveiws have finally got the better of this critic, I would'nt have bothered if you guys wernt so adamant about the system...

so thank you for showing me that good console gaming doesnt start and end at the 360. Cause Im really enjoying the new experiance.

ImOldGreg

How did/can you critic somthing you never tried? ...

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts

I will trade you 10 games for your gf.

Just joking. But Congratz the PS3 is a nice console with good games. Not as good as 360 but very good.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Yeah, I think I've seen your posts in SW and I do recall you being a PS3-sceptic. Good to know you're enjoying it :)
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

The PS3 isn't as bad as the mainstream says it is. All systems have their good things and bad. PS3 is good because It can play most media formats and it makes it easy to transfer things over to the system. You can use The PS3 controller as a gamepad on your PC or use a PC gamepad on the PS3.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

Welcome to the crew, man! Congratulations! Now try and enjoy our other exclusives such as Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance 2, Warhawk & Ninja Gaiden Sigma... Happy new year, happy new console, and a happy new you!

taplok
she most likely did. my gf is one of the main reasons im considering getting LBP
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="mariomusicmaker"]

yea going from xbl to psn is kinda crap, or its just LBP servers,

but i have never had a problem with lag on xbl, but w/e psn is free :P

play resistance 1 or 2 that will redeem it.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

I will trade you 10 games for your gf.

Just joking. But Congratz the PS3 is a nice console with good games. Not as good as 360 but very good.

i disagree
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the dark side.
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

ImOldGreg

MWahahaha

Welcome to the ps3 side

now go

do what must be done lord ...

bring down the lemmings and execute order 6RROD6!!! :twisted:

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

YOU'RE WINNER TOO!

Reversely, I'm getting a 360 in the near future; I need to play Fable II.

rodney130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rodney130
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts
Awesome man! Enjoy!
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ImOldGreg

taplok
I know Im late...I had to go to work...But yeah, I cant get her off it!! :P
winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
: )
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
Nice attitude! Welcome!!
fizzlegloop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 fizzlegloop
Member since 2007 • 692 Posts
the ps3 is the best system in my opinion just look at my signature and you will find out why i think so =D
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
ftw!!
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#43 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

I am a new PS3 owner as well.

But I come from PC land.

However I'm loving it too.

there's so many options and settings, which is good because I like tweaking and tinkering with stuff :P

Its cool how consoles are becoming more like PCs .

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts
[QUOTE="Ryuketsu2043"]You know i like the ps3..but i play alot of online and ps3 lets face it..is very flawed online..and lack of players too. Take for instance the sales for CoW:WAR..1.4 mil lo 360 yet only 547k on ps3 Right now my ps3 is a blu-ray player and plays 2 games..Resistance 2 and Valkyrie Chronicles

Thats your problem you need to get more games. And I don't know what your talking aobut COD5 waw sold almost 2 mil on ps3 and cod4 sold just about 4mil... Resistance is over a mil now and so is lbp... There are always people online, what are you talking about.. I am tired of people complaining about ps3 not having games when they only buy 2...come on go buy some games already! There are tons! It's usually the xbots who buy it just for mgs4 and lbp and nothing else...horrible! Some of you must have bad internet connections, as I have never had any lag on psn..besides socom the first week it came out and that was fixed (do to mass amount of people on servers) r2 is silky smooth all the time, so is lbp and motorstorm2, soul calibur 4 etc... Buy Valkeria Chronicles and Eternal Sonata if you are in to jrpgs! It's a great console, best console since ps1 imo.. I have 34 blue-ray disc games and 12 psn games...got ps3 in april for gta4 and mgs4( too bad i didn't know about the 80gb bc mgs bundle)
world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts

I am a new PS3 owner as well.

But I come from PC land.

However I'm loving it too.

there's so many options and settings, which is good because I like tweaking and tinkering with stuff :P

Its cool how consoles are becoming more like PCs .

swazidoughman
I too came from pc land back in April the psp was the only console I owned since ps1...then i got my ps3...and love it. I still like pc gaming, but exclusives are not like they used to be thanks to M$ stealing devs and devs like epic who abandoned the people who made them what they are...so i had to go back to the company who made my early 20's so fun...Sony and the playstation....(I am 30 btw...) The PS3 is the closest thing to pc gaming with a whole slew of great exclusives and multi-plat games, plus it has lots and lots of features and tweaking options...using OPEN STANDARDS like pc...! Hell you can make it a pc with installing supported linux right out of the box.
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts
Give in to the power of the dark-side. We have brownies.
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ImOldGreg
Give in to the power of the dark-side. We have brownies.brotherreese
HAHA!!...I..MUST ...RESIST!!!
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#48 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

[QUOTE="brotherreese"]Give in to the power of the dark-side. We have brownies.ImOldGreg

Instead of Resisting how bout you go get Resistance :p

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ImOldGreg

[QUOTE="ImOldGreg"][QUOTE="brotherreese"]Give in to the power of the dark-side. We have brownies.swazidoughman

Instead of Resisting how bout you go get Resistance :p

without a doubt. End of this week I get paid. Though I may rent the R1 before I get R2...so I know what the hell is going on! :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#50 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Congrats dude, get started by adding people on PSN ;) Also look forward to 09, cause it's going to be fantastic.