all shooters should SUPPORT mouse and keyboard from now on...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deepcut9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Deepcut9
Member since 2007 • 761 Posts

UT3 proves it will be done, and those who want to play with a gamepad can still enjoy the game. so is there any reason not to?

mouse + keyboard + ut3 + HDTV = heaven

Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
agreed, they should have mouse and keyboard support for consoles, then i can finally play rts and fps on consoles
younggrease42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 younggrease42
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts
puts non keyboard people at a disadvantage..And some people like myself would never use a keyboard mouse to play a game...
mfarris2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mfarris2006
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts
No they shouldnt!!!! If you want mouse and keyboard go play on a computer. Consoles should only have controllers
LastSamurai14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LastSamurai14
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts
I don't want games only on consoles (killzone 2, resistance 2) to offer keyboard/mouse support. Only PC/PS3 (or PS3/360/PC) to offer it (half life episode 2, call of duty 4, UT3, enemy territores: quake wars).
Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts
they shouldnt require you to use a keyboard, but no reason not to have it as a controller option in some games
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

I agree - many of us have been waiting a long time for this to take place. The superior controls of a KB/MS with the ease of use of the console is going to be SWEET!!! :)

That being said - I think it should be done for all games the way EPIC is doing UT3 - where there will be seperate lobby's for gamepad players and KB/MS players. That's the only way it would be fair - is to match people up using the same input devices - otherwise the gamepad players will be slaughtered and get frustrated - which in turn will make the console lose part of it's fan base over time.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

RTS and FPS should support KB+M, but when playing online there should be options to choose just to play against Gamepad users or just KB+M users or a mix of both.

No they shouldnt!!!! If you want mouse and keyboard go play on a computer. Consoles should only have controllersmfarris2006

Stop being narrow minded.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
i still dont understand of just getting a pc..?
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

K+M should have been a supported since day 1, it's 2007 for crying out loud. It took apple 15+ years before caving in to releasing a mouse with 2+ buttons.

If you want to play on ur controller then so be it. It's not like they're forcing you to use K+M.

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
what so pc users no longer have an advantage never !
Platin_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Platin_ghost
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts

UT3 proves it will be done, and those who want to play with a gamepad can still enjoy the game. so is there any reason not to?

mouse + keyboard + ut3 + HDTV = heaven

Deepcut9

agree

darfvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 darfvader
Member since 2002 • 2754 Posts
the ps3 has got something called tilt aim for ut 3 right? supposed to balance it all out
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

what so pc users no longer have an advantage never !Poshkidney

Well the PS3 has more processing power than any current PC CPU available to the consumer market - there are no 6 core cpu's available. Graphically the PC will be able to maintain an advantage due to upgrade-ability. And in fact other areas such as storage - cooling - and memory can be upgraded regularly giving the PC an advantage too. But that get's expensive year after year.

Most people can't afford the luxury of $2k to $4k that it takes to stay on the cutting edge of the PC Enthusiast market every year. So this allows gamers to have near enthusiast performance - with the luxury and advantages of a KB/MS without dropping the huge sum of money to be a high end PC gamer.

And I wish people would quit saying - you can get a PC for $500 now - because you're right you can if you want to use it for web browsing. There is no way to get a "legitimate" gaming rig for under a $1000 and that's at the low end. If you think otherwise - then you're not in the group of Enthusiasts that I am refering to. Most my friends and I as I said spend anywhere from $2000 to $4000 a year on hardware upgrades - and most people just can't do that.

So bring on the KB/MS to all the consoles - AND LET THE PS3 LEAD THE WAY!!!

:)

volumiza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 volumiza
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
Keyboard and mouse ALL the way! aiming and movement is so much more accurate using KB&M.
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

ya....its called buy a computer

people who wants to enjoy the use of sixaxis will be at great disadvantage if most other people have mouse and keyboard

XTRENTx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XTRENTx0
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts

yer just play PC games if u like KB M, and KB M is only easyer for shooting, the sixaxis is much better for driving and running around IMO

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts

i still dont understand of just getting a pc..? darkfox101

Why? There's alot of people who want to enjoy both console games like GoW and FPS's at the same time, but FPS's cant be enjoyed with a gamepad and GoW type of games isn't released for PC.

wraigth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wraigth
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
i think it's a good idea, i have never played games on a pc, so im gonna get a KB+M for my ps3 and i can experience pc gaming, yeah.
k-diddy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 k-diddy66
Member since 2006 • 4242 Posts
ill be using mouse and keyboard.dont want to get "gimped" by all the elite pc players and i prefer it for shooters
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts

[QUOTE="Poshkidney"]what so pc users no longer have an advantage never !DataDream

Well the PS3 has more processing power than any current PC CPU available to the consumer market - there are no 6 core cpu's available. Graphically the PC will be able to maintain an advantage due to upgrade-ability. And in fact other areas such as storage - cooling - and memory can be upgraded regularly giving the PC an advantage too. But that get's expensive year after year.

Most people can't afford the luxury of $2k to $4k that it takes to stay on the cutting edge of the PC Enthusiast market every year. So this allows gamers to have near enthusiast performance - with the luxury and advantages of a KB/MS without dropping the huge sum of money to be a high end PC gamer.

And I wish people would quit saying - you can get a PC for $500 now - because you're right you can if you want to use it for web browsing. There is no way to get a "legitimate" gaming rig for under a $1000 and that's at the low end. If you think otherwise - then you're not in the group of Enthusiasts that I am refering to. Most my friends and I as I said spend anywhere from $2000 to $4000 a year on hardware upgrades - and most people just can't do that.

So bring on the KB/MS to all the consoles - AND LET THE PS3 LEAD THE WAY!!!

:)

how can the ps3 even any console have amore powerful processor than a pc we gt 64bit games coming out this year and next year and some pcs that can run 64bit games proberly a small amount over the ps3's cost so you are getting a deal having a pc we might not be getting titles likeMGS and and FFXIII.

god_of_shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 god_of_shawn
Member since 2005 • 559 Posts
I think the most likely games that will be released wif Keyboard + mouse combo will be Ut3(confirmed), Haze and Killzone 2. The others i am not too sure about it....
ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

i can see some rather idiotic responses to this saying not to bring keyboard + mouse to consoles... but what the hell... don't tell other people how they should play a game.

i loved to watch resistance fall of man when someone was playing it... but trying to play it with the sixaxis was a nightmare... i was playing like i was mentally retarded... couldn't even walk straight.

yes I normally use my PC to play fps games and i play them online @ high levels of competition... but i see killzone 2 and want to be able to enjoy it the same as the next guy.

giving the chance to use mouse and keyboard is like bringing a whole new market of gamers to the ps3.

just think of how many FPS's addicts would buy a PS3 just to play killzone 2 the way it should be played.

of course pad users could stay in their lobbies playing low skills :P

csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts

I agree - many of us have been waiting a long time for this to take place. The superior controls of a KB/MS with the ease of use of the console is going to be SWEET!!! :)

That being said - I think it should be done for all games the way EPIC is doing UT3 - where there will be seperate lobby's for gamepad players and KB/MS players. That's the only way it would be fair - is to match people up using the same input devices - otherwise the gamepad players will be slaughtered and get frustrated - which in turn will make the console lose part of it's fan base over time.

DataDream
i never understood why using a mouse+keyboard was so much better then a controller... i cant stand mouse and keyboard for fps, the only game type that its better in is rts to me but... idk maybe im just odd :)
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

the only reason that UT3 is going to have it is cuz it will most likely support PS3-PC play so to not leave PS3 users at a disadvantage they implemented it to help those users out

as for other games i highly doubt they will start adding it for the fact that they probably will not waste time or put time in to make it cross platform with the PC

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jw_burrell
Member since 2005 • 374 Posts

i can see some rather idiotic responses to this saying not to bring keyboard + mouse to consoles... but what the hell... don't tell other people how they should play a game.

i loved to watch resistance fall of man when someone was playing it... but trying to play it with the sixaxis was a nightmare... i was playing like i was mentally retarded... couldn't even walk straight.

yes I normally use my PC to play fps games and i play them online @ high levels of competition... but i see killzone 2 and want to be able to enjoy it the same as the next guy.

giving the chance to use mouse and keyboard is like bringing a whole new market of gamers to the ps3.

just think of how many FPS's addicts would buy a PS3 just to play killzone 2 the way it should be played.

of course pad users could stay in their lobbies playing low skills :P

ginraisama

Couldn't even walk straight? Jeez man, just learn how to use a freaking controller. Apparently "pad users" aren't the ones with "low skills".

As for the topic - I don't see a problem with it as long as they have separate gaming rooms for each type of user.

Ocram_Zepol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ocram_Zepol
Member since 2006 • 1199 Posts
No they shouldnt't... if you want to play with a mouse then buy a PC and stick with that.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts
I would love to see not only the ability to use keyboard mouse for the PS3 but I would love to have a mouse in my right hand for aiming and a controller in my left hand for movement. That way I get the best of both worlds. Better aiming with the mouse and better movement control with the stick. WASD is on/off, so you are either moving or not, whereas with the control stick I can control my movement speed.