***** ALL CONTROLLER DISCUSSION in here please******

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tunahead12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Tunahead12345
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Can someone please explain what this controller actually does??
unkydan828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 unkydan828
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
Why stop at the controller? Sony ripped off the whole idea of console video gaming from Nintendo!! Yeah, those ripoff artist jerks! Why where would we be without Nintendo and its five hundred million retread kiddie Mario titles? Man when will Sony figure out how to reach its market??
jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#53 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts

Muhannad_basic

You spealt Analog wrong. Pretty sad that they have to take ideas though. And they can have the sequal to Goldeneye, it sucked. Wait...didn't all three consoles have that game?

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
Can someone please explain what this controller actually does??Tunahead12345
you move it side to side like warioware twisted.
Killer_Cyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Killer_Cyborg
Member since 2003 • 2814 Posts
I'm sick of people saying all sony do is copying nintendo. I'm a Nintendo fan first (not a fanboy...fan) and i've been playing their product since the Donkey Kong arcade. My favorite console each generation always end up being my Nintendo one. The PS3 controller is motion sensitive, ok, the Wii controller is motion sensitive, ok. Now am i the only to see that they don't have the same potential at all ? They are both unique and i still think the Wii controller is the most innovative of the two. Did the warhawk demo look fun ? HELL YEAH ! Now, what else is important ? So please stop making post saying only that Sony has copied Nintendo. My humble opinion.
takeo_miyazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 takeo_miyazaki
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
is the '6 degrees' thing actually anyuse to any games other than flight sims??? nintendos idea is so much more forward thinking and usefull. nintendo prob knew sony would do somat as predictable as this-i mean half the people i spoke to thought it would happen-so just wait till tomorrow and see what nintendo do :D
AnnonKaiesZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AnnonKaiesZi
Member since 2003 • 343 Posts

What is 6-Degree movement? They say the controller moves "6 Degrees"?

I don't get it. Could someone explain?

Thanks.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

From what I could tell...

Left
Right
Tilt Down
Tilt Up
Move Down
Move Up
LinksterAC1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LinksterAC1
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Kind of a sad showing by Sony.  No compelling games.  No exeptional visuals.  No web innovation.  A silly, gimmicky addition to an already competent controller.  And a very discouraging price point.

That controller belies their confidence in their own console.  It's as if they're admitting that Nintendo beat them to something, and they're grasping to recover... 
Savus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Savus
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I personaly had no problem with the banana controller!!! it was something different and fun...thanks to all you whiners out there we all have to go through another few years with same controller that has been sed since the first playstation!!!ap;shf;jsdaf;kweahf;kl
Ryan454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ryan454
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts

I will kill all you fanboys! I'm serious I have a masive saw, in my shed.

The controller is amazing...what's wrong with you, did you see him playing with it? Probably not cause ur a Nintendo, Microsoft, fanboy.

Why stick to one company (Microsoft, Nintendo)? When obveosly Sony has the best system comming onto shelves. Once you prove me wrong you can live. But really...cmon guys...seriously....60 gig, sweet controller, great graphics, you're just jelous cause you can offord one.
honkinese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 honkinese
Member since 2003 • 39 Posts
why is every1 complaining about the new controller again
if it werent for those that complained about the first controller last e3
then u gotta think MAYBE IT IS OUR FAULT THE NEW CONTROLLER WAS REDESIGNNED
BoG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 BoG_
Member since 2003 • 2155 Posts
Read this IGN article and be educated.
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/705/705870p1.htm

sgallagher1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sgallagher1969
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts

Sony's console has no innovation whatsoever. They merely ripped off everything from the Microsoft and Nintendo. Bundle all of those with the outrageous price, and I say "better luck next generation Sony".bman784

(Note: the above was from another controller topic that was locked while I was typing the below.  And since I just spent 10 minutes typing, I'm moving it here.)

Huh????   --- The Cell processor itself is innovative...how about the Blu-Ray disc??....Who cares if they added motion to the controller just because of the Wii???  That what is competition is all about.  It forces innovation.  Yes the Wii controller probably is the most innovative, but that's what the smaller companies in every industry do, innovate, and they do it because they have to.  Large companies are slow to react and slow to innovate because they don't want to rock the boat and piss off their conservative shareholders who don't particuarly like changes..especially ones that may flop and cost them money.

And if you think MS (and every other company) dosent' "rip off",  squash innovation, and squash competition you: 1) Are under the age of 10.  2)Work (or dad does) for MS.  3)Live under a rock.    Rember the quote "windows 98 = Mac 85"??????

Price?   Have you priced out components?  A 2.0GHz Athlon 64X2 (the slowest X2) at tigerdirect.com runs $329.  A GeForce 7900 GT 256MB is $325.  Your already at $650 for something that "in theory - I'll belive all the perf #'s when a third party can compare retail hardware" is slower than the PS3.  You still would need a HD, MB, DVD/Blu-Ray, etc.    Yeah $499 is steep for someone making min wage.  But that dosen't seem to prevent the same people from putting $1-2K of chrome wheels on a $500 car now does it?   

I'm not a particular fan boy of any manufaturer.  At some point or another I've owned systems by all three.  I'll make my decision on what to buy based on what system has the best specs and games.  With development cost these days most developers will have the games available for multiple systems anyway with the occasional HALO's out there to keep the competition interesting.

The short of it is when there is competition the consumer wins.

mechag2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mechag2
Member since 2003 • 169 Posts

I'm really dissapointed they stuck with the dualshock design. It's not an ergonomic design. I don't like the position of the left analog stick relevant to the D-pad (I wish they'd swap 'em) and I've always found the D-pad design to be very uncomfortable and not as responsive as GameCube's , Xbox's & Xbox360's.

A lot of the footage looked fantastic, but I can't help but wonder how much of it is real time. The price was pretty much expected if you were in the know. That doesn't mean it isn't steep. I wonder how much money Sony is going to lose on each PS3 sold, curious.

I've lost respect for Sony. Mainly for implementing motion control (as limited as it is) in their new controller. If Nintendo had never said anything about Wii's motion controll functionality, I guarantee Sony would have never implemented it in their's. It's really "smart" business on Sony's part (if not underhanded). Their trying to kill Wii before it hits the market.

Nintendo does have a "classic style shell" that attaches to the "Wiimote" to allow traditional gameplay combined with motion control. The difference is, Nintendo's controller offers true free movement, while Sony's is limited to several degrees of movement. In addition, the "Nunchaku" attachment offers you far greater gameplay possibilities. I'll bet you top dollar Nintendo's going to blow us away tomorrow morning with what they have in store, and probably steal the show.

Manchildshafes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Manchildshafes
Member since 2005 • 1504 Posts
The motion sensor thing is no big deal to me and i don't think it will be used in most games.  However i think it will be great for flight games and driving simulators.  For those who are mad about Sony stealing this from Nintendo, that is stupid.  Lets be pissed at the second guy to put i light in a fridge, a keyboard on a computer, an airbag in a car, a lock on doorknob, it is just plain stupid.
unkydan828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 unkydan828
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts

Sony is for adults, folks. Nintendo is for kiddies.

Just look at the game libraries.

Nintendo is simply not a competitor to Sony.

ninjai18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ninjai18
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts
[QUOTE="CaT-KiLLeR"]PS3 Dual Shock = Dualshock 2 + Wii Movement Engine

SONY Disapointed Me so mad D= that was a bad copy trust me... is just like a 3-analog PS2 Gamepad =S..no wai..SONY Going Down to the hell =D(In the Gamepad way)

My brain hurts... :?
BoG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BoG_
Unkydan, check out the list of upcoming Wii games before you talk. Thanks.

Also, everyone read that IGN article. the revolution isn't dead one bit.
PsychePsyche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PsychePsyche
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

Thanks.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Basically, roll (left to right), pitch (up and down), and yaw (sliding, like a steering wheel).
BoG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BoG_
[QUOTE="PsychePsyche"]

Thanks.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Basically, roll (left to right), pitch (up and down), and yaw (sliding, like a steering wheel).

Yes, this is exactly what it is. So No sword swinging or light gun action for PS3 controller. Things like Monkey ball are totally possible, though.
jd7-03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jd7-03
Member since 2003 • 6140 Posts
Its pathetic that Sony cannot come up with there own original ideas. Just proves that Sony knows that the Nintendo Wii will be a large threat with its conrtoller design. 
Jumoka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jumoka1

Thanks.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Basically is allows you to move on the three axis (X,Y,Z) .
ninjai18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ninjai18
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts
[QUOTE="BoG_"] Unkydan, check out the list of upcoming Wii games before you talk. Thanks.

Also, everyone read that IGN article. the revolution isn't dead one bit.

Oh you mean this huge list of games? :roll: http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&platform=1031&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all
fatjack04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 fatjack04
Member since 2005 • 2250 Posts
is...sony...on crack???

o em gee. haha

no ps3 for me.
that button in the middle makes the already ugly controller even uglier.
my hands are huge, the ps2 controller is hard or me to use but i bear with it, but apparently this one is going to be lighter?
theres gonna be lots of broken controllers...wait nvm not LOTS...a few, i really really think Microsoft has put so much pressure on sony and sony has cracked.

and doesn't the Playstation 3 text on the system look familiar to you?? i can't put my finger on what ive seen that text from...
reminds me of batman. lol but its not from there.

lol R.I.P. sony. November 17, 2006. "we barely knew thee"
neoand12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 neoand12
Member since 2005 • 7368 Posts

is...sony...on crack???

o em gee. haha

no ps3 for me.
my hands are huge, the ps2 controller is hard or me to use but i bear with it, but apparently this one is going to be lighter?
theres gonna be lots of broken controllers...wait nvm not LOTS...a few, i really really think Microsoft has put so much pressure on sony and sony has cracked.

and doesn't the Playstation 3 text on the system look familiar to you?? i can't put my finger on what ive seen that text from...

fatjack04

If you don't like it don't buy it, take it to system wars

Cait_Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Cait_Sith
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts

Maybe everyone need to see this link -

http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/

It shows that Sony in fact did not copy Nintendo's idea.

parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts
[QUOTE="Decessus"]>
A lot of times when I play games, I like to lay on the couch underneath a blanket.  This wouldn't really be possible if I had to swing my arms all over the place like the demonstrator did.  I would also have to think my arms would get tired after a while.
Yeah but at least the wii has a cradle...rememeber that, and it will most likely come with the system along with the num chuck attachement.
Avatar image for -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
Member since 2005 • 2467 Posts
[QUOTE="-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox"]

Thanks.

PsychePsyche

Well, I'm glad it's all ROTATING and not moving it ON A PLANE.  If the degrees were on a plane and not rotating, that would suck, but if they were on a plane as well, that would totally rock!

Rotating > Planal Movement

mechag2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mechag2

unkydan828

You aren't familiar with what Nintendo has to offer, then. I think your in for a rude awakening.

treet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 treet
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

Maybe everyone need to see this link -

http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/

It shows that Sony in fact did not copy Nintendo's idea.

Cait_Sith

This link should be a sticky post! Excellent find.
CyRu5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 CyRu5
Member since 2005 • 1092 Posts
Like dudeman said, this is rediculous. Last year, when they showed the boomerang, it was nothing but critisism about how horrible it was, and that everyone wanted the old DualShock design back. So they listened to the critisism and reverted back to the DualShock style. And still, nothing but critisism. Now you guys like the boomerang? No one liked it last year. Although I do admit that the boomerang design was starting to grow on me, but i still didnt like the look of it. I would be perfeclty happy with it if it were comfortable and easy to use, which it was supposed to be.
I am not at all unhappy with the DualShock 3 design. I guess its kewl it uses a standard USB cable, and I wonder if it will be poss to use it on my PC like the 360 controller.

The motion sensor thing sounds interesting. It was NOT stolen from nintendo. motion sensor controllers have been around since the days of Nintendo64. They just arent being used as a standard until the next generation. Just like wireless controllers. They've been around for years but have not become a standard until now. NINTENDO DID NOT INVENT THE MOTION SENSOR, so get over it! Geez.

Although I admit it is a bit odd considering they reveal a motion sensor after Nintendo already announced theirs will have one. I think they might have done this deliberately, but really... i dont think its a complete rip-off, because as i already stated...
1: Nintendo did not invent the motion sensor.
2: Motion sensing controllers have been around since the days of the N64.
and here's a couple i havent mentioned yet...
3. At least they didnt steal the super fantastic remote control style...
4. Technology can not advance without some imitations.

well i'm done for now.
Avatar image for Splintersixcell
Splintersixcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 Splintersixcell
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
Sony did not ripoff anyone, they just took advantage of the motion sensor technology. I' am not a fan boy or anything its just that Sony was the first to use it in a console (Eye Toy) and since it worked well they decided to put it in their controller.
Avatar image for -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
Member since 2005 • 2467 Posts
[QUOTE="-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox"]

Thanks.

Jumoka1

Basically is allows you to move on the three axis (X,Y,Z) .

That is NOT what people have been telling me.

They tell me it's ROTATION, not AXIS.

I have no idea...

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

3 things i have to say:

- The Gaming industry is a jungle and only the fittest survive. That's what Sony is doing, they are adapting to a new environment in order to survive.

- That new feature in the remote is an extra and people need to realise that! We won't have to wave our remote in every single game unlike Wii's.

- Also, that technology was not invented by Nintendo so you can't say it's a ripoff. 

fatjack04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 fatjack04

unkydan828

so, so true..
but, 360 is for EVERYONE.

when people "innovate" they have to think about everyone. i think the Wii will be cool, but it'll be one of those things that cool for a minute and just dies after you use it for a while.
the standard controller works universally and is great for anyone.
W3dotCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 W3dotCOM
Member since 2005 • 1942 Posts
I heard that with the sensor, they had to take out the rumble. is that ture, cuz if it is I'm pissd. I can't playing without rumble. I don't came about teh sensor, but rumble... come on!
mechag2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mechag2
Sony's controller offers basic tilting functionality of up to only 6 degrees while Nintendo's offers you precision control in 3-D space. It would be impoosible to do a fps with Nintendo's setup on the PS3 controller.
Cait_Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Cait_Sith
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts

Also, If anyone notice on the gameplay screenshot of Final Fantasy XIII, it has menus like this:

Now, that would be hard to control with normal controller. When I first see this picture, it kind of giving me an idea that Sony will be revising the controller to include some feature reflecting that menu interface. True enough, Motion-sensing.

Imagine using the gameplay interface above with motion-sense controller. Don't have time to describe it..

jim2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jim2003
Sony controller won't be as good as Wii for shoot em ups, Wii will give precison aiming, tho was an impressive confrence, looks like xbox 360 is pretty much f**ked

Yes I'm a Nintendo fan and yes I'm pissed off !
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
Sony's motion sensor controller was their best kept secret? If that were the case why did the Warhawk group only have 2 weeks to implement motion sensoring into their game? Hmmm. . .Sounds more like Sony paniced after realizing they had nothing to show at E3 and decided to jack another companies idea. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony announces a new PSP with Touch Screen that's been their second biggest secret for the past two years.

Oh wait while we're at it, let's take what we like about the Microsoft controller as well. . . the middle button.
The least Sony could have done while they were jacking MS's ideas would have been to move the analog stick over to where the D-Pad is on their controller.

Highly disappointing E3 showing from Sony.
Avatar image for Splintersixcell
Splintersixcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Splintersixcell
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

- The Gaming industry is a jungle and only the fittest survive. That's what Sony is doing, they are adapting to a new environment in order to survive.

- That new feature in the remote is an extra and people need to realise that! We won't have to wave our remote in every single game unlike Wii's.

- Also, that technology was not invented by Nintendo so you can't say it's a ripoff.

lusitanogamer

I agree to that.
fatjack04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 fatjack04

[QUOTE="fatjack04"]is...sony...on crack???

o em gee. haha

no ps3 for me.

neoand12

If you don't like it don't buy it, take it to system wars

im not a fanboy or anything, i just like the 360 approach.
and this is ps3 controller discussion, and i discussed.
i shouldn't have said no ps3 for me, ill probably get one towards the end of the console cycle. like '09 or something..if im still a gamer then. wow ill be 19 then. ha
TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts
hmm triggers?

methane47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 methane47
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Thanks.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

If you think as the Dual Analog as if it's at the center of a cube then it's easier... because there are six sides of a cube. hence 6 degrees of freedom.
Or rather, count with me.... forward, backward, up, down, left, right. that's six directions. which also means any combination of those motions, which in turn gets you to.. the ... ummm ... freedom.
any other questions?
monie11k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 monie11k
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts

hmm triggers?

TheMierArmy

kinda looks like it

nofear1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 nofear1080
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts
I dont really see how they stole anything from nintendo, its the dualshock without a cord.
W3dotCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 W3dotCOM
Member since 2005 • 1942 Posts

Sony's motion sensor controller was their best kept secret? If that were the case why did the Warhawk group only have 2 weeks to implement motion sensoring into their game? Hmmm. . .Sounds more like Sony paniced after realizing they had nothing to show at E3 and decided to jack another companies idea. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony announces a new PSP with Touch Screen that's been their second biggest secret for the past two years.

Oh wait while we're at it, let's take what we like about the Microsoft controller as well. . . the middle button.
The least Sony could have done while they were jacking MS's ideas would have been to move the analog stick over to where the D-Pad is on their controller.

Highly disappointing E3 showing from Sony.
mythrol

Thats a great idea, Id get one, hell Id get 2. Who cares. If Sony had all that in theri system, even if they did steal it, thed have everything.

RoyTheViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 RoyTheViking
Member since 2005 • 3574 Posts
i love how that when the ps3's controller was the boomerang, everyone hated it. now everyone wants it back.
Ryan454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ryan454
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts
i love how that when the ps3's controller was the boomerang, everyone hated it. now everyone wants it back.RoyTheViking
Everyone? I'm pretty sure i'm fine with the way it is... and plenty 'o' other pepl.