ah its good to be the king. ( ps3 fastest sellign console in history)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-33477.aspx
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts
As if there was ever any doubt :)
Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts
:D About time:D
iatethepies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iatethepies
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts

Not trying to bash the ps3 but the wii launched at the same time as it and has sold double the amount of ps3's globally.

The ps3 is the fastest selling console in England because it delayed the launch to ensure enough supply to meet the demand.

luke_wj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 luke_wj
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts
Im sure if Nintendo actually made enough Wii's to meet the demand, it could have out sold the ps3 though.  But they didn't make enough so I guess we will never know....
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Still, great news for Sony. Keep it up. :P
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

Not trying to bash the ps3 but the wii launched at the same time as it and has sold double the amount of ps3's globally.

The ps3 is the fastest selling console in England because it delayed the launch to ensure enough supply to meet the demand.

iatethepies
there is no way nintendo could manufacture less units then Sony, especially with the low hardware specs of the Wii and the brand new technology going into the PS3. Nintendo was just using an old sales gimmick that Sony said the hell with this time around,
Creeping_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Creeping_Wolf
Member since 2006 • 3399 Posts
*yawn*
fuman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 fuman3
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts

Everyone needs to stop making excuses why the PS3 is the fastest selling console. Delays this and that price , yadda, yadda, im sick of the stupid posts.  Just accept the fact that this article is based on fact so what does this mean? It means shut the hell up if your saying that the ps3 is dead and sony is going under and "this" console won stupid console wars crap. And stop saying "oh well see within the next 6 months how much they sell".  More and more people are still going to buy the damn thing.  So now its safe to say that all 3 consoles made are safely in the race. Obviously now SONY and Wii have to get more games out.  They both have just a handfull of games worth buying but thats expected since they both game out 4-5 months ago. So lets all shut the hell up and talk about games, including myself.  Now add me PS3 people!!! lol Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

Im sure if Nintendo actually made enough Wii's to meet the demand, it could have out sold the ps3 though.  But they didn't make enough so I guess we will never know....luke_wj

what about the fact that pre orders for the ps3 doubled the wii?

chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 chubear700
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts
As if there was ever any doubt :)el_rika
:| Uh? where the hell have you been the past 2 years? There's been nothing but doubt about the PS3 ... like it was with the PS2 .... and the PS1 and ... well, yeah.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
That's great, but I'm always skeptical to believe any article posted on April Fool's Day.
LoneStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LoneStranger
Member since 2004 • 780 Posts
I read it in the paper on Friday, so it's not an April Fool's joke.
Hoffman-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hoffman-Hansen
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
I think that the PS3 bashing days may be over soon.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
When are you kids going to understand that shortage means less consoles sold. Bother the Wii and 360 would have easily out sold the PS3 if not for the shortage. The FACT that both systems are outselling the PS3 NOW says something. So spin the numbers all you want but fact is the PS3 ISN'T in high demand and IS being out sold by both the Wii and 360.
Le-Beave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Le-Beave
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

Great news... Give it a few years and it WILL eventually outsell every console ever made.. yes yes, PS2 and 360 included... Not sure about out selling the Dreamcast though hehe... Sorry if that seemed like abit of a low blow..

abhirocks198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 abhirocks198
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
Good.  I was worried that the zsony would go out of business.  And that would be VERY bad.
Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts
When are you kids going to understand that shortage means less consoles sold. Bother the Wii and 360 would have easily out sold the PS3 if not for the shortage. The FACT that both systems are outselling the PS3 NOW says something. So spin the numbers all you want but fact is the PS3 ISN'T in high demand and IS being out sold by both the Wii and 360. kingtito
That's a very hypothetical situation you got there.That's like me saying if the PS3 cost $100 it would be the fastest selling console. The fact is Microsoft couldn't get the units out and there was a shortage. And what the hell is up with members calling other members "kids." For one it makes you look old, which implies that you should be somewhere else. On the other hand you could be some young kid trying to act all tough. We're all members here and age shouldn't matter.