Act 5 MGS4... help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4199 Posts

I blew through the first four acts pretty easily. I died quite a few times, but I never really had a problem progressing through it. Now I've just begun Act 5 and I can't get past the first section. Seriously, I hate when games make the last level a ton harder than the rest of the game. It really messes up the pacing.

Now, I have to imagine that this is beatable, but everytime I try to sneak past all the guards, one will jump down, alert the whole f*cking boat, and take me out almost instantly. There's no way to ward off the soldiers, including hiding in that little tunnel at the beginning of the ship. Somebody who's beat the game tell me, please. Is there some kind of trick or strategy to getting through this because I seriously almost sent my controller sailing through my 50' mitsubishi... something I can imagine would upset my family quite a bit... help!

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts

I just killed everyone. I played on Normal though, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I used the M4 Custom, the Railgun, and the grenade launcher you get from *SPOILERS* I guess Raging Raven.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

I blew through the first four acts pretty easily. I died quite a few times, but I never really had a problem progressing through it. Now I've just begun Act 5 and I can't get past the first section. Seriously, I hate when games make the last level a ton harder than the rest of the game. It really messes up the pacing.

Now, I have to imagine that this is beatable, but everytime I try to sneak past all the guards, one will jump down, alert the whole f*cking boat, and take me out almost instantly. There's no way to ward off the soldiers, including hiding in that little tunnel at the beginning of the ship. Somebody who's beat the game tell me, please. Is there some kind of trick or strategy to getting through this because I seriously almost sent my controller sailing through my 50' mitsubishi... something I can imagine would upset my family quite a bit... help!

IMAHAPYHIPPO
I did it in hard. All you need to do is camo and take em out with a silenced gun or tranq. Headshots only. When it comes to the gekko. Two tranqs to each leg knocks them down (You only really need to take out one) then just rush to the door and mash the **** out of triangle.If you get alerted near the area where the gekko are rush through and dive through any frogs then just tranq one gekko and make it to the door.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Yeah just crawl on the ground slowly with your Octo Camo on.... What i did was just crawl alongside the left side of the boat(keep your Tranq gun out just in case) and then just keep crawling north(there is a wall in which you have to hug in order to get pass the crates but after you get through just crawl again and there are i think 2-3 soldiers jump down like 10 feet ahead) until you get to the Gekko on the kinda conveyor belt then just waited till it turned around and then ran across then went to the door and waited for the gekko to turn around again and then open the door.

Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts
I did it on Naked Normal, just blew through everyone. Got lucky with the door, since it's hard as heck to open. Can't imagine that part on The Boss Extreme. . .
-Darko-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 -Darko-
Member since 2005 • 4745 Posts
I hid and made the alert go away and then just went to the door and got it open no problem after that.
Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts

IMAHAPYHIPPO

STEALTH!!!!! Use STEALTH!!

FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
That's funny, I actually found Act 5 to be the easiest act by far, besides figuring out the Screaming Mantis mystery. In the first section all you need is your MK 2 pistol. Anesthetic rounds are the easiest route. Any time you see PMC soldiers, just shoot them. Follow the left side of the map and hug it straight down. There aren't that many good items around, so it's not really worth exploring. Once you get to the very end...just crawl to the center door and make sure you don't get caught by the Gekko, which honestly isn't very difficult to do. Just don't trigger Alert phases, because I don't think you can loose them once triggered and it can be hell.
-Darko-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Darko-
Member since 2005 • 4745 Posts
That's funny, I actually found Act 5 to be the easiest act by far, besides figuring out the Screaming Mantis mystery. In the first section all you need is your MK 2 pistol. Anesthetic rounds are the easiest route. Any time you see PMC soldiers, just shoot them. Follow the left side of the map and hug it straight down. There aren't that many good items around, so it's not really worth exploring. Once you get to the very end...just crawl to the center door and make sure you don't get caught by the Gekko, which honestly isn't very difficult to do. Just don't trigger Alert phases, because I don't think you can loose them once triggered and it can be hell.FFF4N4T1C
You can lose the alert, I did.
numbersss101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 numbersss101
Member since 2007 • 421 Posts
First I blast my way to the door.... and at the end, l'll turn right to this place and hide there for a while then just take my m14 or the tran sniper rifle and shoot them and open the door. I did alert the gekos however I've open the door and manage to go in b4 they shoot me :)
FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
Oh, when I first tried I got tempted to blow down a gekko with my Rail Gun, and it triggered an alert phase that wouldn't go down, I even backtracked and hid in camo for quite awhile and it never went down even though there was nothing around me. I didn't feel like dealing with it so I just reloaded save and it was easy after that once I didn't stupidly shoot the gekko =D
aaron5829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aaron5829
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
Ignore the Gekko for now... use an M4 or any rifle of your choice, silence it... kill the FROGS with Headshots only !! Leave the Gekko for the last one... Charge the RailGun to Level 3 and shoot the Gekko. Prepare the face another Gekko. I finished Hard with no problems. :)I tried Sneaking also... got spotted by a FROG standing on the top railing... argh, unfortunate. Anyway, i dont find it as difficult as you described.