This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hershey07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Hershey07
Member since 2005 • 5634 Posts
For 360 owners, if the PS3 does come with achievments, how will you manage to get your achievements on your gamercard? Will you keep on buying 360 games or just PS3?
nroehrig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nroehrig
Member since 2004 • 176 Posts
What?
Avatar image for GEARSpartan0415
GEARSpartan0415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 GEARSpartan0415
Member since 2006 • 403 Posts
i think you should put this on SW instead
Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
[QUOTE="Hershey07"]"For 360 owners", if the PS3 does come with achievments, how will you manage to get your achievements on your gamercard? Will you keep on buying 360 games or just PS3?

The line in quotes alone dicates that this post does not belong here, but in the 360 forum.
Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
If achievements is the determining factor when buying a console, that is the epitome of sad. I own a 360 as my only next gen system and the whole achievements thing is an interesting touch, but by no means a buying factor.
Delongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Delongman
Member since 2005 • 1358 Posts
What?nroehrig
Double what? Dude, i think you should retype... re-phrase what you're trying to convey!
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts
I think he thinks achievement points would be cross-platform linked to a single gamertag, this is not the case, 360 achievements are linked to 360 gamertag, PS3 has no achievement points & if they get them, they will be linked to PS3 gamertag. If you are asking if both systems had them which system would I buy the games for, it would still be the 360.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
There is going to be a difference between the 2 systems. PS Home will reward you with prices or trophies to decorate your home, while Gamerpoints will only add a number to your gamercard
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
Even if the PS3 comes out with achievements, I'll still buy the 360 version of 3rd party games. I would buy the PS3 version if it was hands down a better game than the 360 version. Then again, I really have to see what Sony does. If they do some kinda "knock my socks off" thing with achievements, I may change to the PS3 side. I know some people don't understand achievments, but I love them. I don't play sports games for cheap points, but I like to get them in the games I do play. They motivate me to finish games and try new things. Due to that, I would say they give the games I buy greater value since I play them longer.
tribe81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tribe81
Member since 2004 • 491 Posts
when someone works out what this dude is on about, please let me know...
Hinduce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hinduce
Member since 2004 • 602 Posts

when someone works out what this dude is on about, please let me know...tribe81

Thats funny i was wondering the same thing.  But im a owner of all three and i think the achievement needs to stay with the 360.  I think it would suck if the PS3 and the Wii had them.  The beauty of owning a different console is that each one has something different to offer.  So if all them had the same thing it would be pointless to have more then one.  Whats koo about the PS3 is its raw power (something that the 360 doesn't have) and long lasting credibility with the gaming community.  So the whole achievement thing is nice but only as a tool of bragging rights with inside the 360 community and thats it.

Hershey07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hershey07
Member since 2005 • 5634 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, let me re-word what I was trying to say.

For the people that own a PS3 and a 360, how will you manage to get your achievement points if the PS3 does have some sort of achievement program.(Playstation Home) Will you purchase more PS3 games than 360 games? Or will you just stick onto the 360 achievements?

Remember this is only if the PS3 is getting the so called "Playstation Home".
PearlDrummer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 PearlDrummer5
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts

[QUOTE="tribe81"]when someone works out what this dude is on about, please let me know...Hinduce

Thats funny i was wondering the same thing. But im a owner of all three and i think the achievement needs to stay with the 360. I think it would suck if the PS3 and the Wii had them. The beauty of owning a different console is that each one has something different to offer. So if all them had the same thing it would be pointless to have more then one. Whats koo about the PS3 is its raw power (something that the 360 doesn't have) and long lasting credibility with the gaming community. So the whole achievement thing is nice but only as a tool of bragging rights with inside the 360 community and thats it.

i agree
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

[QUOTE="tribe81"]when someone works out what this dude is on about, please let me know...Hinduce

Thats funny i was wondering the same thing.  But im a owner of all three and i think the achievement needs to stay with the 360.  I think it would suck if the PS3 and the Wii had them.  The beauty of owning a different console is that each one has something different to offer.  So if all them had the same thing it would be pointless to have more then one.  Whats koo about the PS3 is its raw power (something that the 360 doesn't have) and long lasting credibility with the gaming community.  So the whole achievement thing is nice but only as a tool of bragging rights with inside the 360 community and thats it.

Why are you carrying on about "raw power" and other such nonsense in a thread about gameplay rewards? And long lasting credibility? What are you talking about?
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RaptorVenom
Still go for 360.
DaAzNJRiCh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaAzNJRiCh
Member since 2004 • 150 Posts
Anybody else think that the PS3 is turning into a 360 combined with a Wii??? PS3 has graphics of 360 and although not as good, motion sensing of Wii. Now it has Achievements like 360 and something like the Mii's of Wii. So much for getting a Wii60.
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 downPlayDemon
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
i hate achievments, i get all my multiplats on playstation so that it can work on PS4
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 downPlayDemon
[QUOTE="Hinduce"]

[QUOTE="tribe81"]when someone works out what this dude is on about, please let me know...PearlDrummer5

Thats funny i was wondering the same thing. But im a owner of all three and i think the achievement needs to stay with the 360. I think it would suck if the PS3 and the Wii had them. The beauty of owning a different console is that each one has something different to offer. So if all them had the same thing it would be pointless to have more then one. Whats koo about the PS3 is its raw power (something that the 360 doesn't have) and long lasting credibility with the gaming community. So the whole achievement thing is nice but only as a tool of bragging rights with inside the 360 community and thats it.

i agree

i also agree, i think sony should force developers to do in game achievments, like the medals and ribbons in resistance.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RaptorVenom
i hate achievments, i get all my multiplats on playstation so that it can work on PS4downPlayDemon
By then they will have created Red-Ray disc & the old games will no longer be compatible.
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 downPlayDemon
[QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]i hate achievments, i get all my multiplats on playstation so that it can work on PS4RaptorVenom
By then they will have created Red-Ray disc & the old games will no longer be compatible.

WTF? the ps3 plays 90sumtin % of all the old games. I wish my 360 could do even half of that. Oh and btw DVDs are red ray disc
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
[QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]i hate achievments, i get all my multiplats on playstation so that it can work on PS4RaptorVenom

Why would that be? BD readers also read DVDs and CDs, why would they become unusable later? It has never happened before. Except with Nintendo for choosing cartridges
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RaptorVenom
It was a joke, chill