Achievements for 360 and not PS3?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zanthiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Zanthiago
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

I was checking out some the achievements for the XBOX 360, and how come some amazing games like Call of Duty 4, Assassins Creed, and even the PSOne classicremake Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night got achievements for the XBOX 360 and they DO NOT for the PS3? I know for a fact that if they were to add up those trophies they would increase the sales of those games (at least I would go for them to collect the trophies), as trophies dramatically increase replay value. Well, I'n not a pro a the topic, but if the achievements are already made, how hard can it be to make a patch and add them up?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
developers are lazy /end thread
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Obviously you didn't lurk the internet enough to know that Sony only started making trophies at a certain time frame. No they are not going to make trophies for previous games. Ughh, honestly. You think with all the features Google has people would use it.

BigD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BigD
Member since 2002 • 2223 Posts
Games were released before Sony had their achievement system in place. If your a 3rd party it doesn't make sense to spend the time and money to retrofit your game with achievements. As for Castlevania the ps3 version is a strait emulation of the psx version, whereas on the 360 the game need to be ported so achievements were added at that time.
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts

Obviously you didn't lurk the internet enough to know that Sony only started making trophies at a certain time frame. No they are not going to make trophies for previous games. Ughh, honestly. You think with all the features Google has people would use it.

Furi-Kun
Google! Google! Google! :P Agree
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Games were released before Sony had their achievement system in place. If your a 3rd party it doesn't make sense to spend the time and money to retrofit your game with achievements.BigD

Depends, more sales for such a small patch can actually bring them a win situation :/ Don't know about the sales numbers (does any?), but I can imagine, that Uncharted sold better after the patch, but I don't know xD

cj_simmons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 cj_simmons
Member since 2005 • 419 Posts
uncharted is a sony game not a 3rd party. is stupid to add trophies to an old 3rd party game
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Also, isn't SOTN under the PS1 Classics? Those are emulated PS1 games, not ports (which the other version was), so SOTN is a bad example. For older games, they have to make a "trophy patch" that makes the game track things that it didn't before, so usually the old saves are incompatible. From 2009 onward, all games are required to have trophies, so there's less incentive to go back to old games and patch those at this point.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
What is this Google you speak of?
maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Just dont buy the games that dont have trophies. Problem solved.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
uncharted is a sony game not a 3rd party. is stupid to add trophies to an old 3rd party gamecj_simmons
It was developed by Naughty Dog, a company that Sony owns. Would that still be considered first party? I'm asking because Naughty Dog is separate from Sony developing studios like Sony Santa Monica, so I don't know if I would put them in the same category.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Because they don't want to

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
It can be hard to patch a game with trophies tbh. You have to code triggers at places where you want the acheivement unlocked, and stuff like killcounts with certain weapons need to be counted for certain acheivements. All this information will then need to be saved in the game save, which would have to be restructured to facilitate the new information. Then you have the problem of reading older game saves, and updating them with the new information. All this alone could take a small group a couple of weeks to complete.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Furi-Kun
word