Access to PSN account?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DSgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 DSgurl
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts

I'm selling my PSP but will keep the downloaded games on it. Will that be any problem for the future buyer, in terms of keeping the game and what not? Media GO won't delete the games off the system just because it's on a different account, right??

Do they need access to my PSN account to keep the games, or can they just use their own account while still keeping the games I downloaded into the system?

Thank you

nintendo-naut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 nintendo-naut
Member since 2007 • 8543 Posts
Well for one, the games aren't on the PSP itself, they're on the memory stick. So, if you're selling your memory stick with the PSP, I suppose they could still keep the games and use their own PSN account. I can't prove this, but I can't see what could possibly prohibit it.
RemiliaFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RemiliaFate
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
De-link your account from the PSP via account management. Delete the games from your memory stick. Log off your account on the PSP. Problem solved.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Make sure to either remove the card or wipe all information, ESPECIALLY your PSN info! You'll have someone buying the entire site via your credit card if'n ya don't. I would keep the card with all of the games, personally... then you can take it to a friend's PSP and still play them from time to time if you miss your PSP. But don't leave anything on it for someone to either take advantage of (like account info) or stuff which will confuse them.

cookie_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 cookie_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 15872 Posts
Actually, some games I know save specifically on the system that you play on, so it doesn't matter if you have the memory stick or not. But those are rare, so you don't have to worry about it :P But be sure to deactivate your PSN account on that specific PSP.
nintendo-naut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 nintendo-naut
Member since 2007 • 8543 Posts
Ston3henge has a point about the credit card info. I'd just wipe everything.
DSgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 DSgurl
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts

okay, I get it...

I'll probably just wipe out everything to be on the safe side. thank you everyone!