This topic is locked from further discussion.

fossil2587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fossil2587
Member since 2003 • 589 Posts

I was just wondering, how come Assasins Creed isnt coming out for the psp? I know that it is coming out for DS, but I would think the psp would be a perfect portable for that game.

bmaisey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bmaisey
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts

you do realise that the ds version of ac wont be anything like the ps3/360/pc versions, right? Id bet a decent amount of money that its just a crappy cash in on all the hype. Even if its half decent, it wont be the 'true' ac.

Theres no way the psp could handle the 'true' ac either. If they were gonna do it, itd be a cash in like i think this ds one is. As for why theyre doing it for the ds and not the psp, i suspect its cheaper to develop for the ds than the psp, and it has a much larger user base.

fossil2587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fossil2587
Member since 2003 • 589 Posts
yea well i figured that the one for Ds wasnt the "true" one and i didnt expect a psp version to be theone like like 360/ps3 but still...it wouldve been cool
bernieberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bernieberry
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
Cheaper to make for the DS and no way to make it as good as the PS3 and 360.
lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

you do realise that the ds version of ac wont be anything like the ps3/360/pc versions, right? Id bet a decent amount of money that its just a crappy cash in on all the hype. Even if its half decent, it wont be the 'true' ac.

Theres no way the psp could handle the 'true' ac either. If they were gonna do it, itd be a cash in like i think this ds one is. As for why theyre doing it for the ds and not the psp, i suspect its cheaper to develop for the ds than the psp, and it has a much larger user base.

bmaisey

I think if a developer truely wanted to port as much of AC to the psp as possible, they could. Just look at the 2 POP games out for psp right now. The combination of graphics, gameplay and length is amazing. It wouldnt take much more to put out atleast a decent AC port to psp.

You sound like your talking about a GBA or something. The psp has quite a bit of power.. POP? God Of War? Manhunt 2? Logans Shadow? It would take a lot of work but I think its entirely possible.