About the MGS4 Not-Exclusive Threads

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ckhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ckhan
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts

I own a X360 and I am planning on buying a PS3 sometime next week so there's no way ppl can say fanboy and all that crap. Here's the lowdown on MGS4. It's a Playstation 3 exclusive. Kojima already said that it was made specifically for the PS3. Heck he said it over and over and over for a long time. Kojima also said that if this could become a multi-platform that it would be a considerably timed exclusive. The amount of data and space used is only made possible on the Blue-Ray disk. IMHO I would get it just for the PS3 b/c thats where it all started for me and the series. Also X360 would need multiple disks to fit what MGS4 is consisting of. If they should try to fit it in one disk;however, there would be alot sacrifices on the game for that concept. Plus, if history has taught us anything, its that the MGS games never feels or plays the same way as the original platform title does.

I don't get why ppl take it so personal if it should go towards the X360 later on. If you're like me you would get it just like you would get the RE series for the Playstation Platform. It's where it all started and that's how it will be for me at least.

vip3r666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 vip3r666
Member since 2005 • 1398 Posts

I own a X360 and I am planning on buying a PS3 sometime next week so there's no way ppl can say fanboy and all that crap. Here's the lowdown on MGS4. It's a Playstation 3 exclusive. Kojima already said that it was made specifically for the PS3. Heck he said it over and over and over for a long time. Kojima also said that if this could become a multi-platform that it would be a considerably timed exclusive. The amount of data and space used is only made possible on the Blue-Ray disk. IMHO I would get it just for the PS3 b/c thats where it all started for me and the series. Also X360 would need multiple disks to fit what MGS4 is consisting of. If they should try to fit it in one disk;however, there would be alot sacrifices on the game for that concept. Plus, if history has taught us anything, its that the MGS games never feels or plays the same way as the original platform title does.

I don't get why ppl take it so personal if it should go towards the X360 later on. If you're like me you would get it just like you would get the RE series for the Playstation Platform. It's where it all started and that's how it will be for me at least.

ckhan

amen brotha...

adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adumar94
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

This has been discussed in this forum for too long. Sorry, but nobody cares what you think. It will be on the ps3, exclusively, at least for a while. I imagine that it will show up on the 360 at some point (like the other MGS titles).

There is no reason to bring this up again.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I like this 360 owner.
billiambobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 billiambobert
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
true that to the end. it drives me crazy when there are some 50 threads saying that mgs4 is no longer a ps3 exclusive. I think its time to face the light and you summed it up. good post
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

This has been discussed in this forum for too long. Sorry, but nobody cares what you think. It will be on the ps3, exclusively, at least for a while. I imagine that it will show up on the 360 at some point (like the other MGS titles).

adumar94

How do you port a 45GB game to a 9 GB format?
billiambobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 billiambobert
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
simple answer....you dont
Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crazy87
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
[QUOTE="adumar94"]

X_CAPCOM_X

you compress it

Rhaxdric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Rhaxdric
Member since 2006 • 2864 Posts

ckhan

QFT

ckhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ckhan
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts
Yo !diot I am not trolling nor a fanboy. That's my 101 on the subject.
pablito3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pablito3
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts
we know ur not trolling. im happy that ur gonna buy a ps3, but no one cares. whats the point of this post anyways. by saying this more people are gonna make stupid posts about mgs4 going to 360.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

adumar94

Oh you mean MGS2... and what else??????????

adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 adumar94
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
[QUOTE="adumar94"]

X_CAPCOM_X

Require a hard drive, use lower quality textures, allow for disc swapping, etc. Use your imagination.

pastro243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pastro243
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

What I think may happen is that it will go to 360 when ps3 gets MGS5, and it will not be in a short time and with the same quality.

Watch these videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8YitrnGF4Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd23lWyblo8

D1rk-Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 D1rk-Knight
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
you have my respect.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

adumar94

Umm what? Only 2 MGS games made it on to other consoles and one was a remake which wasn't as good as the original, the other took a while and didn't sell well on those platforms. Kojima stated that he didn't like doing ports. What makes you think it will get on to the 360? Especially since hes using 50GB of space.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"][QUOTE="adumar94"]

adumar94

Require a hard drive, use lower quality textures, allow for disc swapping, etc. Use your imagination.

That'd be so crap do you really think Kojima would dumb down his masterpiece by doing that...Especially since not all 360's have hard drives and disc swapping is such an annoyance. Just imagine that.

MassEffector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MassEffector
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts
[QUOTE="adumar94"]

X_CAPCOM_X

Jesus christ multiple discs man.