About Star Ocean: Last Hope

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jay13717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jay13717
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

I was waiting for Star Ocean on ps3 to get around 30 dollars to get. Last I saw it was at 40 dollars. Now all a sudden it was never dropped in price but I cant find it nowhere around all a sudden. Not in Best Buy, K-mart, Wal-mart..nowhere at all to be found, not even Toys R Us also. What happen to the game and why did it disappear all a sudden? Anyone know? Thanks

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

It's one of those JRPGs that you have to jump on before it disappears. JRPGs never sell amazingly over here unless they're called Final Fantasy - Star Hope in particular is at the stage where major retailors don't profit from it as much as when it first released, so they stopped carrying it. You'd have better luck finding it at a local Gamestop or an online store.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Better chance finding it online:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Ocean-Last-International-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J4AM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305160713&sr=8-3

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Ask for it at Gamestop, that would be your best bet. They'd probably have a used copy.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Worst game ever. Don't even bother. I spit on that game.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

yokofox33

I guess everybody has their own opinion but I liked the game.

Iridescent406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Iridescent406
Member since 2011 • 126 Posts

You can find it online, like I did, but don't even bother buying it. To sum it up, it made me sick of every single RPG the moment I realized I hated this game.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

yokofox33

Spot on, that game is absolute garbage by my account. I took it back after 1 day, the pitiful story had a lot to do with it. Made me want to punch kittens too much, and we all know that's bad.

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

I sort of reget buying the game. I couldn't find it either so I brought it at amazon for like $20. The game is a typical JRPG. I like the gameplay and such but you have to consintly grind and alot of time wasted wondering around to get to your desniation. Plus the boss fights are all about an hour long (I am not even kidding). Only reason I haven't beaten the game yet is because the last fight is actually 3 BOSSES and that would have tooken me over a spam of roughly 4 hours

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Its terrible. Don't bother.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

I bought it from Amazon about 7 weeks ago for around 22 bucks.... It's in the 30's currently.
And I enjoyed the game, as well....

lalalei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lalalei
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts

buy online. if the price jumps up it means there is low stock or it's going out of print. i bought mine for around $30

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

Its terrible. Don't bother.TheMoreYouOwn

I really enjoyed The Second Story and Till The End of Time, but The Last Hope is such a drag. The characters annoyed me to the point, I could not get past 3hrs of the game. I tried many times....just unplayable for me. After i finish FF7, I'll start up The Second Story again.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

ExoticAnimal

I guess everybody has their own opinion but I liked the game.

i liked it as well, i thought it was a great rpg

Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

Amazon is probably your best bet.

This being said, I'm in the camp that found this game to be really dissapointing. There's no point in expecting a decent story from a Tri-Ace game, but the battle system was really a step back from SO3.

While SO3's battle system was broken as hell, there was a ton of potential for using self-imposed restrictions to significantly change the gameplay without dragging battles out and making the game boring.

SO4 on the other hand, is really limited in this regard. I doubt anyone could say that they attempted and enjoyed something as simple as a solo run in SO4.

Anyway, I'll avoid ranting about it anymore. SO3 has been my favourite game since it was released, and SO4 delivered a completely different style of gameplay. As a game I don't really hate it, but would have preferred some fleshing-out and rebalancing of SO3's design over what was actually produced.

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

Try Amazon, ebay, half or you can go to the Gamestop website and check if any of your local GS have the game in stock.

But like most here are saying, I suggest you avoid this game at all cost. I never hated a game this much as I did with SO4. The characters are overwhelmingly annoying whether it's their dreadful voice acting or personality, and the dialogue is horrible, imo.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

It's one of those JRPGs that you have to jump on before it disappears. JRPGs never sell amazingly over here unless they're called Final Fantasy - Star Hope in particular is at the stage where major retailors don't profit from it as much as when it first released, so they stopped carrying it. You'd have better luck finding it at a local Gamestop or an online store.

Scianix-Black

heh I love nichijou.

amazon or ebay should have it. I also hate how jrpg's never really drop in price b/c of how little they keep in stock.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

yokofox33

I didn't think it was absolutely god awful, but I played through it. I'm just kind of a completionist I guess, so I try to play through as many games as I can. I will say the story picks up past the half way point, and the gameplay isn't too bad. Definitely not in my top favorite RPG's, but definitely not the worst either. That title goes to Forever Kingdom or Ever Grace... Just terrible games.

Hazzard6X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hazzard6X
Member since 2010 • 158 Posts

Either buy online or ask at your local Gamestop. If they don't have it, ask them if another Gamestop does because if they do they can ship it to your local store and they'll give you a call once they have it. At least, that's what mine did when I was looking for Persona 4 a few months back.

If you really can't find it, you could always rent it from Gamefly.