A setting I would like to see with Assassin's Creed 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SmokenAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SmokenAshes
Member since 2005 • 1580 Posts

1880s in London. Diverse weather effects, getting that dark rainy feel like in most movies that take place in London around that time. Also have Sherlock Holmes be your enemy in the begining of the game as he tries to chase you and solve your murders. But later in the game he ends up helping you as he finds out about the Templars and the Pieces of Eden. What do you think? If your wondering yes I just got done watching the Sherlock Holmes movie :D

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

I think it should take place in 2145 on the planet Pandora.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

1880s in London. Diverse weather effects, getting that dark rainy feel like in most movies that take place in London around that time. Also have Sherlock Holmes be your enemy in the begining of the game as he tries to chase you and solve your murders. But later in the game he ends up helping you as he finds out about the Templars and the Pieces of Eden. What do you think? If your wondering yes I just got done watching the Sherlock Holmes movie :D

SmokenAshes
You forgot about Jack the Ripper.
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
I would like to see it taking place somewhere in Asia.
Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

[QUOTE="SmokenAshes"]

Canvas_Of_Flesh

You would be Jack the Ripper.

Seriously after the second game I lost all faith in this franchise but if they do an 1880's London setting then they can have my money for a third installment.

Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Abecale
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

Ubisoft really dont have any idea what setting it would even be in yet. or how they would do it.

I read an article (from the mouths of ubisoft itself, during an interview)that they were playing on the idea of a World war 2 setting, with a female protagonist. Since female spies/assassins were more popular then. But even that was just getting idea's.

Make sense seeing as how in-game with the gylph puzzles, one of the letters states that Hitler aquired a piece of eden from the templars, effectivly using it to win the war, and thats how the templars got the foothold again in controlling the world. But during that infamous bunker moment, he didnt actually suicide, an assassin from the assassins order killed him.

Its hard to tell yet, but two possibilites are that The assassin killed him and took the PoE, or he killed his body double, and hitler went AWOL with the PoE.

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts

1880 London is a fantastic idea, think jumping from one steam train to another to get to different areas. It could chronicle your rise from a minor lord to a wealthy one as you gain more money and so on! Climbing Westminster, Tower of London and all those icons would be exhilarating.

gareth218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gareth218
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts

I'm afraid assassins creed isn't coming out due to the world ending in 2012

angusclone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 angusclone2
Member since 2008 • 1726 Posts
It's tricky, because you have to think of a time AND place where the Templars might be present.
Joker1232003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Joker1232003
Member since 2003 • 1567 Posts

[QUOTE="SmokenAshes"]

Canvas_Of_Flesh

How about, either you are Sherlock Homes and you assassinate targets then blame Jack the Ripper. Or you play as a new character who works alongside Jack the ripper, you are both assassains

Good setting idea, id love to play that

Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts

Yeah I agree I've always have a nice though for those kind of settings but why england anyway is it the Val Helsing like place where there should be a place of chase for characters to have. A huge Cathedral like tower with a clockplace on top, andhigh enough for player to notice how hard it is to be afraid of height (From top to bottom, wherever the camera is or the characters).

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
That actually sounds quite intriguing, as does the World War 2 idea (I enjoy almost anything set during WW2, including Velvet Assassin :P) I'm curious to see what they do come up with finally. After the incredible improvement in the second installment though, I'm game for just about anything they come up with.
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

The Sherlock Holmes thing will never happen because he is an established fictional character. Every character in the games have been based on a historical figure or were an original creation.

I did read they were considering feudal Japan or having a female spy in WWII. I personally think both ideas would be awesome and I can't wait to see the third game.

Danybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Danybrown
Member since 2009 • 72 Posts

as a concept i thought that feudal Japan would be cool but the lack of tie in with the templars and most importantly the lack of tall buildings to climb (earthquakes) would take away from the series so what will happen remains to be seen ww2 could be nice although i don't know how all the weapons etc will come into play.(plaese dont make it a 3rd person shooter) what i would like to see for the next installment is a little bit more replay value because i finished both the first and second game much too fast in my taste.

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Yeah I like that idea (but not with Sherlock Holmes :P)

I was also thinking possibly 17th century France, a la the Three Musketeers. There's evil Cardinals, kings who need protecting (or killing), and you could work with the musketeers along the way. Not that it should follow the plot of the book, but you know what I mean.

Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Abecale

I was also thinking possibly 17th century France, a la the Three Musketeers. There's evil Cardinals, kings who need protecting (or killing), and you could work with the musketeers along the way. Not that it should follow the plot of the book, but you know what I mean.

amsfm6

Thats a good idea, buuut i dont really think there were much assassins during that time period. I might be wrong.

Also yeah, they are considering WW2 Setting, but dont know how to work around the guns. Time will tell i guess, could be something totally different like 18th century :P

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

[QUOTE="amsfm6"]

Abecale

Thats a good idea, buuut i dont really think there were much assassins during that time period. I might be wrong.

Also yeah, they are considering WW2 Setting, but dont know how to work around the guns. Time will tell i guess, could be something totally different like 18th century :P

Oh there were plenty of assassins. What do you think the musketeers were for? To protect the king!

92GreenYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 92GreenYJ
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts
It's tricky, because you have to think of a time AND place where the Templars might be present.angusclone2
Thats one of the cool things about the lore though. They supposedly have always existed since the Crusades. I gotta say though, even though I'm nopt even halfway thru 2 yet it really is shaping up to be Desmond taking the lead in his own time for the third. Which kind of stinks to be honest. I really am not looking forward to gun play entering this series. I'm not a fan of shooters and I am massively enjoying just using bladed weapons currently. A crossbow might be kind of cool though
meltedwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meltedwater
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

Why not have it in Afghanistan or Pakistan fighting the Taliban and Alquada? He can report back To President Obama after every mission. And if you need money to by upgrades, but your a little short, you can get funds out of a tax-payers war fund account with no promises of him having to pay it back. And Hilary Clinton can give you live intel for each mission your on, if you trust it!!!!

pela_yo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pela_yo
Member since 2009 • 365 Posts

I think it is going to be in modern day, Desmond already knows the skills he needs, and as Minerva told him there are some temples he needs to go to save the world, although I would not like that.

Some previous posts ahead someone said something abput a female assassin in WWII, I'd like that but onl for a spin-off.

LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

I think it is going to be in modern day, Desmond already knows the skills he needs, and as Minerva told him there are some temples he needs to go to save the world, although I would not like that.

Some previous posts ahead someone said something abput a female assassin in WWII, I'd like that but onl for a spin-off.

pela_yo

From everything I've read, it would only make sense that they'd continue the game with a dual-plot. Desmond will continue researching through the Animus, but I'm sure they'll incorporate a few action scenes with him in the story.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Why not have it in Afghanistan or Pakistan fighting the Taliban and Alquada? He can report back To President Obama after every mission. And if you need money to by upgrades, but your a little short, you can get funds out of a tax-payers war fund account with no promises of him having to pay it back. And Hilary Clinton can give you live intel for each mission your on, if you trust it!!!!

meltedwater
HAHA! Good one
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Abecale

pela_yo

Duude..spoiler link plz?

Eneru112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eneru112
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts
1790, french revolution
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Victorian England

Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Abecale

[QUOTE="pela_yo"]

LittleEnid

From everything I've read, it would only make sense that they'd continue the game with a dual-plot. Desmond will continue researching through the Animus, but I'm sure they'll incorporate a few action scenes with him in the story.

In AC2 they were using the animus for 2 reasons, to dig deeper into his ancestors and find out what the templars are after during that time, and to train Desmond up to become a great assassin.

Im not sure, but maybe the only way i could see using the animus again is if they needed it to find clues about more Pieces of Eden, Desmond is already very adept now.

But, saying that, there are still alot of time periods that we know, from AC2, that templars played a bit part in. With thier goal of getting all the Pieces of Eden they can get thier hands on, from the glyph puzzles, we can figure out that Joan of Arc had one, Ghandi had one, Houndini, Telsa, all before getting them taken away by Templars after thier deaths.

Or they could just create an entire new story.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

amsfm6
Oh yes, oh yes! I am *longing* for a 17th Century France game! AC3 would be perfect for it. If only this would happen! Female intel in 1940's Europe would be good too, more female heroines ftw imo :) I would personally love a great game based in Victorian London but I would hope it would be an independent title. It could be such an amazing game! Oh why oh why isn't there more historically based games?