A Question to Ps3 owners..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

Do you believe that I should buy a Ps3? I am interested in some of its Exclusives (specifically, Demon Souls, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, etc.,.) But I already own an Xbox 360.

One thing to keep in mind is that at the moment I am not able to play games in HD, so that pro is out of the equation.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
I'd get it. Its still a great console and there is a very solid library of games available for it. I see no reason not to get it
ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

i would, when i got my ps3 like 2 years ago going to be 3, an 80g bundle with MGS4, so expensive and now its only 299 go for it and most of my ps3 games are exclusives also, and im not playing in HD

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Yeah, plus many of the great exclusives coming out this year alone is worth buying one. Though i would invest some money afterwards in an HD TV.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

you can get ninja gaiden for the 360 btw..

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

KBFloYd

pretty sure he is referring to sigma (1 & 2)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

NaughtyRag

pretty sure he is referring to sigma (1 & 2)

oh i see.. he wants to replay them.. their different on ps3.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

This is more of a system wars thing. Yes the system is worth getting. There are quite a bit of exclusives that are not available elsewhere.

The exclusives list is pretty big

Resistance

Motorstorm

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

Infamous

Demon's Souls

Warhawk

Socom

Little Big Planet

Hot Shots Golf

Heavy Rain

Modnation Racers

God of War

Twisted Metal

The Last Guardian

Yakuza

Valkyria Chronicles

3D Dot Game Heroes

MAG

Folklore

Killzone

some people like Metal Gear

Some multiplats have bonus content or some other feature something not present in the other version

RPG's like Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy 13, and Star Ocean 4 are on one disc. The PS3 version of Star ocean features a Japanese voice track and some bug fixes. Mass Effect 2 has all the DLC included on the disc.

Eternal Sonata has a Japanese voice track and bonus dungeons

Ninja Gaiden 2 might lack the blood of the original but it adds a mission mode similar to the first game and adds online co-op. There are a few extra levels with playable characters other than Ryu. There are also bonus bosses.

The D-pad is better for fighters.

If you are interested in these things, then get the system.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Go for it. Now you can take advantage of exclusives for both consoles. On the other hand, you already have a 360 - have you considered investing that money in a HDtv opposed to another console?
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

only you can awnser that qustion TS. no one here knows your gameing habbits or Financial situation. if you spend a lot of time gameing and the 360 is not meating your gameing needs ect and you have the money to blow on another gameing system then yea id say its worth it. the ps3 has some very fine games. its my primary system and im completly happy with its library of games. And yes it def has some great exclussivs. But only you can awnser your qustion as to weather or not its worth it. also it worth noteing that you may want to consider spending that cash on a HDtv. in my exp and opinion it def makes a big def in the enjoyment of current gen games. you can find 27 inch "what i use" and 32 inch HDtv sets in the 250 to 450$ "USA" price range. and you dont need a top of the line bravia or what ever HDtv. those are great but even an entry lv set is so much better looking than even the best SDtv sets. i use a vizo set i got 3 years ago at wallmart for iirc 300. and it looks great. and you can now get them cheaper and there even better. you can even find some 32 inch sets with full 1080p and 120hz in the 400$ range. it does make a big def haveing HD imo. im not suggesting you pass on a ps3 for a hdtv just mentuning it for your consideration.

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate them.

And well, I had a birthday recently so I have some money leftover to spend.

I'll keep everyones HD remarks in mind the next time I'm out. Seems like its worth the money too. Oh and I am a huge Ps2 fan, so if Sony ever makes the Ps3 backwards compatitable again, I wouldn't even have to think about purchasing it.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
the exclusives are what determine this. honestly if you have a 360 there isnt any real reason for a ps3. i cant fathom why i own both systems its mostly pointless. there are tons of games on each and its impossible to play them all. both systems get the same multi platforms and they are normally pretty close to the same. exclusives are really the only factor its how bad to do you want play some ps3 only games. my advice would be an HD tv. a ps3 just wont be the same without it and neither will its blu ray player.
CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

You should get a PS3. There quite a few exclusive games that you'd like.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I think i remember people talking about MGS4 being hard to reach text in SD or maybe that was another game but as for exclusives themselves they are worth getting a PS3 for.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#15 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

If you got the money for it, I'd say get it. I was a big Gamecube and PS2 fan and I haven't gone back to those systems since I got my PS3.

I'd get a 320 or a 250 size harddrive, 160 won't be enough. You can always buy a larger harddrive but why mess around with the PS3 until you have to.

As for games, the multiplayer is what I'm most interested in now and I didn't think that'd be the case when I got it - so make sure you have a decent internet connection if you plan to go online.

A few great games to start with are Black Ops (ignore the haters), Red Dead Redemption and Blur.

The Move is pretty good too but there aren't many games for it - Sports Champions and The Fight are probably the best.

OmenIWF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 OmenIWF
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts

Originally I was bought a PS, and over the years as the new consoles have been released I have been bought them, so have stuck solidly with Sony's console for quite a while now. On the one hand there is that aspect to my continued gaming on a PS3, but also as I have made a few good online friends too that I talk too maybe more infrequently than I should. I do think you get a great selection of games and a huge catalogue of games, although on these last two points the same could be said about the X-Box.

I have considered getting a X-Box but one of the things that puts me of getting one is something pretty simple, time, with working it's pointless me getting another console (and leaving one, or both to gather dust), when I have barely used my PS3 much over the past 3 or 4 months (only really since the release of Dragon Age 2 that I've started using it alot again).

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
The exclusives alone are worth purchasing the console. The uncharted and god of war series were enough to make me want to get it.
usermikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 usermikey
Member since 2008 • 506 Posts

Just as others have said before me, depending on your financial situation, I would say spending that money on a PS3 is worth. If you plan to cancel xbox live and just play them for single player or local(couch play) multiplayer; use that money towards a PS3 with a bigger hard drive. There is a great library of games as well, with significant differences when on PS3. There is also the added bonus of having a Blu-Ray player.

This is more of a system wars thing. Yes the system is worth getting. There are quite a bit of exclusives that are not available elsewhere.

The exclusives list is pretty big

Resistance

Motorstorm

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

Infamous

Demon's Souls

Warhawk

Socom

Little Big Planet

Hot Shots Golf

Heavy Rain

Modnation Racers

God of War

Twisted Metal

The Last Guardian

Yakuza

Valkyria Chronicles

3D Dot Game Heroes

MAG

Folklore

Killzone

some people like Metal Gear

Some multiplats have bonus content or some other feature something not present in the other version

RPG's like Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy 13, and Star Ocean 4 are on one disc. The PS3 version of Star ocean features a Japanese voice track and some bug fixes. Mass Effect 2 has all the DLC included on the disc.

Eternal Sonata has a Japanese voice track and bonus dungeons

Ninja Gaiden 2 might lack the blood of the original but it adds a mission mode similar to the first game and adds online co-op. There are a few extra levels with playable characters other than Ryu. There are also bonus bosses.

The D-pad is better for fighters.

If you are interested in these things, then get the system.

gamenerd15

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

I also was on the same boat earlier this month, but their are just way too mnay PS3 exclusives to pass up. I owned a Ps3 back in early 2010, but I never got to completely play Uncharted 2, God of war 3, Infamous, Heavy Rain, and Ratchet and Clank:CiT, Killzone 3, LBP 2, as well as all the nice exclusives coming out this year (Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Last Guardian, Socom, and Infamous 2 among others), I couldn't pass it up. Online play is free, but I wouldn't get the system just based off that, XBL still trumps PSN(wish PSN just had more people communicating in more games).

I don't regret my purchase and have been enjoying it since I bought it. But, an HDTV should definitely be on your "What do I buy next" list ;)