A question regarding cloud saves on the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shadowhawk2606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shadowhawk2606
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

When you send save data to the cloud, does that same date also get saved the HDD at the same time. I'm pretty new to the whole cloud save thing and have barely used in on my PS3.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Yes it saves to HDD, and then every night if you have automatic updates enabled it will save a backup to the cloud. I'm not sure that they have a feature where you could bypass a local save completely and ONLY save it to the cloud. So it isn't a true cloud save system, it's more of just a backup.
Shadowhawk2606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shadowhawk2606
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

Oh ok, I actually like it that it does it that way. That way if for what ever reason I can't pull the saves from the cloud. I still have the save data on my HDD to rely on or vice versa. Also would you recommend that I save all my games save data to the cloud just to be safe.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 2Chalupas

Oh ok, I actually like it that it does it that way. That way if for what ever reason I can't pull the saves from the cloud. I still have the save data on my HDD to rely on or vice versa. Also would you recommend that I save all my games save data to the cloud just to be safe.

Shadowhawk2606

I back up most games, but not necessarily games that are really fast to beat or that I don't care about.

The original cloud space was only 150MB, and that was actually annoyingly low as it was impossible to save even close to EVERYTHING to cloud storage without doing constant maintenance (I had multiple Dragon Age saves that were 50MB, and then SSX for whatever reason kept trying to upload a 100MB "ghost data" file which was never going to work - those two things alone would theoretically have taken up my full allocation). But now with 1TB that should be plenty for everyone to save whatever they want. For me personally, I will still exclude games that I know I"m just going to play once and forget about, I only keep save files for games that I *might* want to go back to in the future - and even among those sometimes I look at them and later decide "whatever, I'm never going to play that one again".

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
But now with 1TB that should be plenty...2Chalupas
It's actually 1GB ;)
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]But now with 1TB that should be plenty...Kravyn81
It's actually 1GB ;)

Whoops. Yeah, 1 GB.

I just bought a new external 1.5TB HDD so I was thinking in terabytes. ;)