A Problem I am having...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spike211187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spike211187
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

For some odd reason my PS3 hdmi cables (yes, ive tried several) do not work. Does anyone know of any solution to this?

Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

I'm just assuming it's an issue with the TV, my friend had the same issue then he bought a new TV and tried it again for shiggles and it worked. Other than that I don't know what your issue is.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

If all the connections are firmly plugged, check the brand of the cable. If it's a dodgy brand, that may be the problem.

Spike211187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spike211187
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I've purchased all sony peripheral's and my tv is a SonyHDNA Bravia. I would think that all sony hardware should lend to ease of use and set-up but this is not the case. But after talking with a few tech people that I know personally, I can't say I am too fond of hdmi technology. It can be dodgy from what I am told.

dragonage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dragonage22
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

Don't forget to switch to hdmi in a menu or something, that might be the issue if you haven't changed over to receive anything from the hdmi socket.

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

I've purchased all sony peripheral's and my tv is a SonyHDNA Bravia. I would think that all sony hardware should lend to ease of use and set-up but this is not the case. But after talking with a few tech people that I know personally, I can't say I am too fond of hdmi technology. It can be dodgy from what I am told.

Spike211187

I have never had an issue with an HDMI cable and I use about 7 of them in my household. I also only buy from newegg or frys electronics and buy the $5 cables. The issue as other people have stated is probably the PS3 display settings, not the cable.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

You arent alone. Most PS3 owners have issues like this it seems. Im getting a PS3 in FEB and im not looking forward to these all to common issues.

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

You arent alone. Most PS3 owners have issues like this it seems. Im getting a PS3 in FEB and im not looking forward to these all to common issues.

VanDammFan

Most users? Lol, I think not.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VanDammFan

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

NotAFurry

Funny..Not only do I read thread after thread after thread here, but also on AVS.com as well of people haveing the same exact issues. And its an every day occurrance. Im not dissin the PS3 but it has this issue that is quite annoying and I would bet millions of people would agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
deactivated-5c23908d36a7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

[QUOTE="NotAFurry"]

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

VanDammFan

Funny..Not only do I read thread after thread after thread here, but also on AVS.com as well of people haveing the same exact issues. And its an every day occurrance. Im not dissin the PS3 but it has this issue that is quite annoying and I would bet millions of people would agree.

Do you check the 360 forums, RRoD after RRoD. Disc tray after disc tray, overheat after overheat, xbox live not connecting etc. you get my drift.

Anyway's back o topic, yeah as someone previously said did you change the settings on the actual PS3? Thats what i had to do, and my HDMI cable works fine, and i got it for £5 :D

Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts

My brother had to go in and change the settings on the PS3 to use the HDMI output instead of the regular A/V one.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VanDammFan

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

[QUOTE="NotAFurry"]

NevecLP

Do you check the 360 forums, RRoD after RRoD. Disc tray after disc tray, overheat after overheat, xbox live not connecting etc. you get my drift.

Anyway's back o topic, yeah as someone previously said did you change the settings on the actual PS3? Thats what i had to do, and my HDMI cable works fine, and i got it for £5 :D

Dude...If there is one person on this site that knows about 360 problems its me. You are preaching to the preacher. Bought day one launch and it lasted 8 months. In the landfill it went with no warranty. Bought another one 2 months later and its been in for repair 4x now. I know all about man.

BUT the PS3 is plagued with this dumb video problem and its something that really shouldnt be happening. There isnt a fix for it either. It will either work, or not. For some reason it has "handshake" problems with cables and tvs. WHY? That is the most simple thing to have work. Get an update SONY cause this is ruining the PS3 rep with lots of people.

Im getting one in Feb and Im hopping I can get around it without too many problems. IF I cant, the PS3 will go back cause Im done dealing with problems this gen.

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

Dude...If there is one person on this site that knows about 360 problems its me. You are preaching to the preacher. Bought day one launch and it lasted 8 months. In the landfill it went with no warranty. Bought another one 2 months later and its been in for repair 4x now. I know all about man.

BUT the PS3 is plagued with this dumb video problem and its something that really shouldnt be happening. There isnt a fix for it either. It will either work, or not. For some reason it has "handshake" problems with cables and tvs. WHY? That is the most simple thing to have work. Get an update SONY cause this is ruining the PS3 rep with lots of people.

Im getting one in Feb and Im hopping I can get around it without too many problems. IF I cant, the PS3 will go back cause Im done dealing with problems this gen.

VanDammFan

Problem? The problem is that nobody reads their manual. If you change your A/V cord, you need to update the display settings or hold down the power button to reset your settings.Laziness is not the PS3s fault.