A New PS3 is coming out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N00dleKiIIer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N00dleKiIIer
Member since 2011 • 37 Posts

I heard lots of talk that a NEWER, AWESOMER, BETTER PS3 is going to come out? Is this true? And if so, what are some new capabilities of the new PS3?

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
where did you hear this. if your talking about a ps4 thats not happening anytime soon. if you talking about a newer ps3 the only thing they would add is more roadblocks for hackers
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
Yeah its called hack free. So sony says. Thats all i heard of. Just get the older ones, cuz soon there will be a price cut for those. Sony wants em off the shelves for the new ones.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Yeah, its the new hack free one. Its basically the same with a bunch of security changes. Its kind of counter productive in my opinion, because they're going to make the hackable consoles cheaper making them easier to obtain and hack away at. I mean, if you're a hacker why would you buy a hack free console when you can have one you can do whatever you want with for a whole lot cheaper?
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
Yeah, its the new hack free one. Its basically the same with a bunch of security changes. Its kind of counter productive in my opinion, because they're going to make the hackable consoles cheaper making them easier to obtain and hack away at. I mean, if you're a hacker why would you buy a hack free console when you can have one you can do whatever you want with for a whole lot cheaper? MrSelf-Destruct
yea thats what twill happen for a bit. but the hackers will take the new "hack free" one and take it as a challenge by sony and they will hack it
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Nope, it's basically just the same PS3 with hacking security implemented. The whole point of it is to eventually filter out older PS3s.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

Nope, it's basically just the same PS3 with hacking security implemented. The whole point of it is to eventually filter out older PS3s.

Crossel777
To me it sounds like they know your system is gonna get the ylod and you will hafta get a new one.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts
[QUOTE="Crossel777"]

ez_moneymaker
To me it sounds like they know your system is gonna get the ylod and you will hafta get a new one.

My 60GB FAT already YLOD and I bought a PS3 Slim like most people did. They already got me there.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#9 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Yeah, its the new hack free one. Its basically the same with a bunch of security changes. Its kind of counter productive in my opinion, because they're going to make the hackable consoles cheaper making them easier to obtain and hack away at. I mean, if you're a hacker why would you buy a hack free console when you can have one you can do whatever you want with for a whole lot cheaper? MrSelf-Destruct

Am I right to assume that these security changes will also be added into older models via firmware updates? Because that seems like the only way they can make those new security measures count.

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Yeah, its the new hack free one. Its basically the same with a bunch of security changes. Its kind of counter productive in my opinion, because they're going to make the hackable consoles cheaper making them easier to obtain and hack away at. I mean, if you're a hacker why would you buy a hack free console when you can have one you can do whatever you want with for a whole lot cheaper? c_rake

Am I right to assume that these security changes will also be added into older models via firmware updates? Because that seems like the only way they can make those new security measures count.

I don't think it might be possible.The master keys for the system were in the hardware part of the older PS3s.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="conistant"][QUOTE="c_rake"]

I don't think it might be possible.The master keys for the system were in the hardware part of the older PS3s.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I gathered, as well.