A good tv for the PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gunslinger24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gunslinger24
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts
If I got a 19-22' TV and hooked up my PS3 to it, then would it still look good? It would be HD of course, probably samsung but I want a smaller TV instead of the big HDTV I have. (Its a long story why). Would Blu-Ray still look good?
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
everything looks good when its that small....sure would be hard to play games tho
Gunslinger24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gunslinger24
Lol Im talking about so I can put it on my desk and connect the PS3 to it becasue I want to use it as a moniter for my laptop mainly but I figured I can hook up a PS3 to it too...
007sexy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 007sexy1
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts
sony bravias are good i got a kdl 40v3000 lovely! you can still attach big screen tvs to your laptop y'know
Vendetta58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Vendetta58
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Any Samsung 1080p DLP HDTV will fit the bill nicely. DLP handles fast moving objects on the screen much better than LCD, you can get them as large as 65", and they don't weigh much. Like LCD, you don't have to worry about screen burn in,

One more thing, get a Monster Cable HDMI. It's worth it!

Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts

Any Samsung 1080p DLP HDTV will fit the bill nicely. DLP handles fast moving objects on the screen much better than LCD, you can get them as large as 65", and they don't weigh much. Like LCD, you don't have to worry about screen burn in,

One more thing, get a Monster Cable HDMI. It's worth it!

Vendetta58

LCD technology has, for all intents and purposes, caught up to the others. Like you said, as a general rule, DLP does handle fast-moving objects on screen better than LCD. However, this depends on the response time and refresh rate of the television. You can buy LCD televisions now that are capable of dislaying 120 frames per second in addition to 8ms and lower response times. With these specs, fast-moving objects shouldn't be much of an issue for newer LCD televisions.

TC, if you're looking for a small television, I would go with a Samsung. In my opinion, they (along with Sony) are making the best LCD televisions on the market right now. Their prices (Samsung) aren't too bad, either. Sony is a different story...

Vendetta58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Vendetta58
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

DLP is the best at refresh rate of any TV hands down. Even better than plasma. Yes, LCD's are very good now, but you can't get an LCD flat panel at 60" (well, unless you REALLY break open the bank).

As far as your comment on the Samsung LCD compared to Sony, I totally agree with you. Samsung is BETTER now than Sony on TV's and the money you save can be put to better use, like more games or that Monster HDMI cable I mentioned

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts
I have a 26" HDTV Samsung it is a great for a small room. I plan to use it as a monitor for desktop PS3 play. The tv is an LN-T2642H. 3000:1 contrast, amazing colors, lots of tv imputs, and great customizable menu. It does 1080i and 720p it looks great. I think Samsungs look great, color is much better than other brands, (maybe except for Sony). I also have a 46" Sharp, and it has banding on screen and back light un-unifomity.

Top brands to go with are Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic for LCD.
If you want budget tv go with Vizio, they are a Taiwanese brand who is currently the #1 HDTV seller in the US.
Gunslinger24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gunslinger24

Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to go with the Samsung LN-T2353H at best buy becasue I have a $275 gift card there and it has HDMI for the PS3. How will Blu-Ray look? Better than DvD's as usual or should I stick with playing games on it?

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts

Good choice of TV. The 53H series is a step up from mine, 42H. I think it sports a better contrast ratio. Blu-ray movies look great. When they capture river scenes in Planet Earth, it is like you can cup your hands together into the TV and drink the water.
Best Buy also has some Blu-ray movies on sale. Titles like 300, Departed, Pirates of the Carib: At worlds end, Harry Potter, Superbad, Ratatoulli are just $19.99. Or if you goto Amazon, they are having a Buy one get one free deal on select movies.
In another post, you can save $10 off any PS3 game there too.

Btw don't buy an HDMI cable at Best Buy, they'll probably charge you like $50+. If there is an Apple store near you, they sell some good gold plated ones for $20. Or you can goto www.monoprice.com. They have some cheap cables there.