This topic is locked from further discussion.

-GMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -GMAN-
Member since 2003 • 4265 Posts
My receiver and setup are fine, but I get 5.1 in pcm linear sound when I hit the square button to display information. The sound works when on the main menu, but not when the movie starts??? Do I need an update to correct this matter? BTW, I have tried changing the BD settings.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts
My receiver and setup are fine, but I get 5.1 in pcm linear sound when I hit the square button to display information. The sound works when on the main menu, but not when the movie starts??? Do I need an update to correct this matter? BTW, I have tried changing the BD settings.-GMAN-
I would try letting the PS3 automatically configure itself and see what happens....
-GMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -GMAN-
By reconfiguring, do you mean holding the start button until hearing the second beep?
bored88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bored88
Member since 2004 • 4978 Posts
Go to system settings > audio settings, and then select your output and check all the boxes.
-GMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -GMAN-
Go to system settings > audio settings, and then select your output and check all the boxes.bored88
Tried that too. What is ACC by the way?
snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts
Try setting it to bitstream. That is how I have mine set up.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

Dont know what ACC is but I am wondering...do you ahve you PS3 connected via optical cable into the back of your receiver?

If so you will need to select the Dolby Digital 5.1 only...and that should give you sound...PCM is through HDMI so it might be loosing the sound because it cant use both the HDMI and optical out as sources for sound....

-GMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -GMAN-

Dont know what ACC is but I am wondering...do you ahve you PS3 connected via optical cable into the back of your receiver?

If so you will need to select the Dolby Digital 5.1 only...and that should give you sound...PCM is through HDMI so it might be loosing the sound because it cant use both the HDMI and optical out as sources for sound....

jwat4

That's a good question. I have video set up through HDMI and I do have a digital optical cable into the back of the receiver.

Curious, the very first screen for setup asks do you want video and audio setup through HDMI, to which I replied, "No" initially, because I am not setup for audio HDMI on my receiver. The DLP TV screen went blank, so I restarted the PS3. I replied, "Yes" this time and the video worked, but not the audio until I went into the sound settings and changed it to Optical Cable connection. Again, the sound is working in 5.1 on the PS3 Menu screen, but not when I start a movie. Also, I have changed my BD settings to Bitstream.

One last curious note. The Audio setup lists 5 options: Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1, ACC, and 2 PCM Linear settings. My Linear settings are not highlighted, therefore I can not uncheck them. I am guessing they are not to be changed. If so, then why are they on the list?

Thank you for reading this.

-GMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -GMAN-
Sorry to bump, but this is a dam good question.
BroweChisox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BroweChisox
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
Go into blu ray movie settings in the settings list and change the audio output from linear pcm to bitstream.
-GMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -GMAN-
I believe it is the Sopranos' Blu-Ray DVD that is not functioning properly. I put in another Blu-Ray movie and it worked just fine in DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1.