4hrs of The Last Of Us multiplayer omg great!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nforspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nforspeed
Member since 2004 • 514 Posts

So much fun team work is key. So yea I was not getting this game to play online really but wow I ended up playing 4hrs none stop with some friends. Team work such a big part of this game, my team always had voice chat which made it so much fun to work as a unit. I would go as far as to say it's needed to play well.

So how has your time with the online mode been for the game?

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

So much fun team work is key. So yea I was not getting this game to play online really but wow I ended up playing 4hrs none stop with some friends. Team work such a big part of this game, my team always had voice chat which made it so much fun to work as a unit. I would go as far as to say it's needed to play well.

Nforspeed

Working on the single player. Heard the auto-save glitch is triggered by playing multiplayer so I don't even want to mess with it.

Nforspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nforspeed
Member since 2004 • 514 Posts

Crazy thing is me and my friend at the same time had a crazy game breaking glitch in online with camera. I have it Video captured of it going post it on youtube later today.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#4 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Need to beat Single Player first.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Ill get to it after single player, but I hope its good unlike tomb raiders multiplayer.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Not really interested in multiplayer.

Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

Need to beat Single Player first.

chocolate1325
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

So is the multiplayer useless without mics? Also, does this game have an online passcode?

Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

Does this game have an online passcode?

Bigboi500
Yeah it does
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

yes, excellent multiplayer mode. I played for hours last night, and i have not done that with a game in a long time. The quality suprised the hell out of me.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bigboi500

So is the multiplayer useless without mics?

Bigboi500

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="Nforspeed"]

DaRq_MiNoS

Working on the single player. Heard the auto-save glitch is triggered by playing multiplayer so I don't even want to mess with it.

That issue has been resolved by Sony/Naughty Dog. So no more worries there. As for me, I'm waiting to beat the single player as well before jumping into multiplayer. 

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
lol Im actually about 4-5hours in, im at the part where you finally find the car. And I have to say, TLoU has been a big disappointment so far. Im really regretting it. Idk but the game has been really boring so far. All of the levels have been lame and its the samething over and over. The enemies are cheap too. The gameplay is really stale and way too repetitive. I just hope the game picks up soon and does something insanely good, cuz right now I agree with Tom McShea.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#14 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I didn't think I'd like the multiplayer but I'm really enjoying it.  I've been playing with randoms and without mics and most players I've come across stick together and actually try and help you.  Best map on the on the multiplayer for me is the High School.  

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#15 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
The MP is pretty fun. Its just not the same as most MP games out right now. Its a much slower, stay close to the group style of game. The crafting helps so much too. Even the leaderboars have a separate thing for population raised, instead of just the typical K/D leaderboards (which they also have).
Sameo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Sameo45
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts

Yea I still need to try the multiplayer out.

http://www.shortandsweetreviews.co/

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

So is the multiplayer useless without mics?

Bigboi500

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CRUSHER88
I'm playing the MP without a mic. It definitely doesn't help not having a mic but its playable. The problem is with people who go run off on their own and get slaughtered over and over again.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigboi500

I'm playing the MP without a mic. It definitely doesn't help not having a mic but its playable. The problem is with people who go run off on their own and get slaughtered over and over again.CRUSHER88
Well I'm buying the game used from a friend and was just wondering if the multiplayer is worth it to purchase a $10 online pass.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CRUSHER88

[QUOTE="CRUSHER88"]I'm playing the MP without a mic. It definitely doesn't help not having a mic but its playable. The problem is with people who go run off on their own and get slaughtered over and over again.Bigboi500

Well I'm buying the game used from a friend and was just wondering if the multiplayer is worth it to purchase a $10 online pass.

Ahhh aight. I donno man. This is a fairly unique MP. I could see most of my friends not liking it since its not a run and gun style MP. Soooo that kinda depends on your own tastes aha. I'll try and break it down for you a bit: - Two game types currently, both team based. - Ones just 20 lives each team - Other is one life per person per round. First to win four rounds wins the match I believe - Can be a very slow, over thought out matches (This is where mics can be very helpful) - Very limited ammo, but you can buy ammo, weapon upgrades, and armor with points you earn throughout the match Honestly I love it because its so different compared to the usual games I play online (Halo, COD, Battlefield). Check out a few vids too before you drop an extra 10 bucks.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the multiplayer is real sweet.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]lol Im actually about 4-5hours in, im at the part where you finally find the car. And I have to say, TLoU has been a big disappointment so far. Im really regretting it. Idk but the game has been really boring so far. All of the levels have been lame and its the samething over and over. The enemies are cheap too. The gameplay is really stale and way too repetitive. I just hope the game picks up soon and does something insanely good, cuz right now I agree with Tom McShea.

Do you have attention deficit disorder? because that could be the only reason I can see for you not liking the game, or maybe you are to young to be playing a mature themed game and "get it"
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="CRUSHER88"]I'm playing the MP without a mic. It definitely doesn't help not having a mic but its playable. The problem is with people who go run off on their own and get slaughtered over and over again.CRUSHER88

Ahhh aight. I donno man. This is a fairly unique MP. I could see most of my friends not liking it since its not a run and gun style MP. Soooo that kinda depends on your own tastes aha. I'll try and break it down for you a bit: - Two game types currently, both team based. - Ones just 20 lives each team - Other is one life per person per round. First to win four rounds wins the match I believe - Can be a very slow, over thought out matches (This is where mics can be very helpful) - Very limited ammo, but you can buy ammo, weapon upgrades, and armor with points you earn throughout the match Honestly I love it because its so different compared to the usual games I play online (Halo, COD, Battlefield). Check out a few vids too before you drop an extra 10 bucks.

Thanks for the info. I was just basically trying to determine if one can be successful without the use of a microphone. I'm kind of a lone wolf and never depend on a group of friends for support in online games. I would openly welcome something different from the standard shooting chaos fest in games like you mentioned.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1940 Posts

lol Im actually about 4-5hours in, im at the part where you finally find the car. And I have to say, TLoU has been a big disappointment so far. Im really regretting it. Idk but the game has been really boring so far. All of the levels have been lame and its the samething over and over. The enemies are cheap too. The gameplay is really stale and way too repetitive. I just hope the game picks up soon and does something insanely good, cuz right now I agree with Tom McShea.Nengo_Flow

I have not encountered two levels that have been similar. I will admit that the combat can get repetitive at times, with the stealth takedowns, distractions and the gunplay but it all still feels fresh within the context of the unique levels. 

Another thing that varies the combat is the fact that you may have to resort to tactics that you didn't intentionally set out to employ. For instance, I found myself in a room full of clickers with no ammo and no melee weapon, and I got noticed. Needless to say, running around the area looking for something to fight with was probably the most intense moment in gaming I've had in quite some time.

I don't necessarily know what you mean by enemies being "too cheap." But I think you may be referring to the clickers and that they pretty much can kill you at the drop of a dime early on. They get more manageable as you progress and gain new abilities and equipment. I actually like the fact that they can kill you with such ease... makes for tenser moments and more caution when going into a firefight.

My only gripe with this game would be the checkpoint system. It's really wonky when you realize the places where the game actually gave you a checkpoint, and sometimes it's for your benefit; sadly other times, it is not.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Not really interested in multiplayer.

sukraj
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#27 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

It is a very interesting concept and it's starting to grow on me.