3 Vita Questions (Borderlands 2)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

I've been waiting on buying a PlayStation Vita for well over a year now. While I can see it isn't the "console gaming on the go" device Sony had originally envisioned thanks to the lack of big AAA games the last couple years, I am excited by its library of smaller games including JRPGs and indies. Not to mention Uncharted, Assassin's, Gravity Rush, etc. all look good.

My first question is this: Almost exactly a year ago, I made the leap to PlayStation Plus. Since then, I've been downloading and cancelling nearly every Vita game on my PS3, saving them for if/when I have a Vita. My collection of free games includes Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Sly 4 (cross-buy), Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA's E3 gift), Limbo, Dragon's Crown, Fez, PS All-Stars Battle Royale, Escape Plan, The Swapper, Kick & Fennick, and Rogue Legacy. So, I see buying a PS Vita as a good investment because I have a ton of free games for it and will continue to get them free so long as keep my PS Plus sub. In fact, I doubt I'll ever really buy a Vita game outside of a few rare occasions. So, my question is, just how easy is it to download these free games to a Vita? How does it work? Do I have to hook it up to my PS3? Will I be able to download them to the Vita just by signing in to my PSN account on my Vita? I want to be really careful here because the only reason I am buying a Vita is because of PS Plus.

Question #2: I see that the Vita is available for $200 in a Borderlands 2 bundle. I've played a bit of Borderlands 2 from PS Plus but it kind of got lost in the mix and I have not gotten too deep into it despite really liking it. So I know the game itself is great, but how is the Vita port? Any major changes? Is it buggy?

Third and final question: I remember hearing something similar to that the Vita needs a memory card, that they are expensive, only work for Vita's, are not bundled, and that you can't do much of anything without one. What of this is still (if ever) true?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

1. When you log into the Vita with your PSN account everything is linked, just go to the store and download everything

2. Borderlands is pretty laggy in places, not buggy just doesn't run as well on other platforms

3. Yes it needs a memory card (the one that's included is ridiculously small) and they're crazy expensive considering what age we live in

dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dylan417

@Jaysonguy: Thanks for the info. Just bought it! Happy with my purchase.

About how many games can you store on the 8gb?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@dylan417: Games vary in size quite a bit. You can always check out the PlayStation Store via your browser to look at how large some games are. For instance, Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a whopping 2.9GB. I went with the 32GB memory card from the get-go. And I'd recommend doing that unless you want to continuously delete games. I have 16 games downloaded onto my Vita with about 4GB left out of the 29GB I have available. Physical games take up much less space, but that probably isn't too relevant for you since it sounds like you have most of your library already.

dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dylan417

Thanks for the info. I think I should be able to get by with the 8GB. At least for now. I'm almost obsessed with deleting games as soon as I'm done with them. So if I can have one big game and a handful of small ones, I should be all set.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i would just use the 8GB the B2 bundle comes with and look out for black friday sales.. i picked up a 16gb for about 18 bucks last year at amazon