2 32GB MicroSD + pro duo adapter = 64GB Pro Duo Card...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrHairyNutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrHairyNutz
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I know the two 16GB micro SD with the adapter works so i've heard but what about two 32GB micro SD cards in the adapter?
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

sorry man, I tried searching for something like that some time ago, I found out someone tried it with the older photofast adapter that uses normal SD cards and It didn't work.

I'm guessing it wont work either with micro SD but I'm not 100% sure. Can't remember what was the problem but it made me think it wouldn't work with the 32GB microSDs.

I have two 16GB microSDs with the adapter and yeah it is great, it reads as 29GB Memstick but mehh!

edit: found it, on the psp shows 49GB, 25% loss, but when conected to the PC it can only read 31.9GB, so yeah is 32GB max

MrHairyNutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrHairyNutz
But he said and i qoute: "(I used SDHC since no 32GB microSDHC's are on the market as of 12/1/09)" And an SDHC card compared to a Micro SDHC card look diffrent enough to possibly have a diffrent outcome than this dudes experiment.
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 piranha_inc
yep, we can't be sure unless someone tries it out for real, but the computer not reading more than 32Gb makes me lean into a NO
pitipong44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pitipong44
jj
Avatar image for WhitedSepulchre
WhitedSepulchre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WhitedSepulchre
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I tried 2 32Gb micro sd cards in a Pro Duo adapter.

The PSP (2000) only read the card as 32Gb.

MCube74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MCube74
How about 2 MicroSD 16GB (Class 10) cards? I found out that the Kinston microsd 16GB (Class 10) is released. So do you think the Photofast CR-5400 will be able to support 2 MicroSD 16GB (Class 10) cards? or do you think it will be better to use the Sony MS STick Pro Duo HG http://www.sonyinsider.com/2010/05/13/sonys-memory-stick-pro-hg-duo-hx-now-boasts-30mb-per-second-transfer-speed/
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#8 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'd stick to a memory stick (be it Sandisk or Lexar or Sony), as those adapters are much more likely to corrupt your data and having two cards means twice the likihood of corruption even ignoring the adapter itself.
ddrguitarpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ddrguitarpunk
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The Photofast CR-5400 is actually a lot more stable than some of the sony MSPDuos I've used. I've had the CR-5400 with 2 class-2 sandisk microSD cards in it for over 1 1/2 years, and I've had no problems whatsoever. don't knock it til you've tried it. (Sorry for the bump)
Ventara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ventara
Member since 2011 • 293 Posts

How are the transfer rates with these things? I would have thought that they'd suck and that something like a 64 GB one would be pointless, but if I've been mistaken and they are in fact good, I can see the appeal to these things.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 piranha_inc
It works great, can't get 64Gb though, but 32Gb is pretty great when you consider the costs, I've been using mine for a very long time and all I've ever had is like one corrupted save (out of 40-50) from a game I barely played, which is no big deal IMO. Also transfer speed depends on the card you're using, class 10 will work as class 10, class 2 as class 2, be aware that if you use 2 cards with different speeds your transfer speed will be the one from the card with the lowest.
techgodny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 techgodny
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
You guys gotta keep in mind some rules: Not all Micro SD cards work 100% or work at all (as in it doesn't even get detected when inserted; or puts your device into an endless search/detection mode until you remove the Micro SD and restart) in some devices. Best way to test combining and compatibility is to try one card; if it works try doing the 2 MicroSDs to ProDuo adapter trick. Even if the Micro SD Card works with the device on its own, it still doesn't mean that 2 of them will combine and work perfectly. I'm contemplating getting 2 32GB Micro SD cards so that I can use them (combined with the adapter) in Sony stuff like the 1080 HD Video Recorders and as simple as the Sony Reader. Has anyone tried combining two 32GB MicoSDs lately? If so please state what brand model and confirm Size. Please let me know. One ting that is obvious these days is never keep a single copy of a file on an flash device. Especially in an experimental and unpredictable setup like a 2 Micro SD raid (MicroSD combiner).. Let alone Secured SanDisk products.. FYI: There is almost NO DATA RECOVERY OPTION FOR SANDISK if it fails, compared to other brands.. What you do get with Sandisk is Comparability, Reliability, and Quality internal NAND FLASH chips.
Avatar image for ultimateGunner2
ultimateGunner2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ultimateGunner2

im actually trying two 32gb micro sd cards with the dual pro stick adapter (so is my friend) but got to wait for the adapters to arrive, so i will report if it will work =D

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

im actually trying two 32gb micro sd cards with the dual pro stick adapter (so is my friend) but got to wait for the adapters to arrive, so i will report if it will work =D

ultimateGunner2

I await your test results.

You know when the Vita releases with whatever new memory card it has, they are going to make an adaptor for that as well. Which is the way I will be going for a memory card for the Vita when I get it. I hope the Vita can read 64Gbs, because if so, I will get two 32 gig MincroSD cards and the adaptor.

Avatar image for ultimateGunner2
ultimateGunner2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ultimateGunner2

hey, i finally got the adapter took awhile, im going to post the testing in a new post =D (it works)

zakk2343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zakk2343
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

If it shows 49gb on psp could you not just transfer files to the memory cards one at a time and them use both

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

If it shows 49gb on psp could you not just transfer files to the memory cards one at a time and them use both

zakk2343

No. You have to have both card in the adaptor and transfer stuff like that or it won't work. You can also only have one card it, but if you plan on having two cards, they both have to be in the adaptor when transfering files to and from it.

genz465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 genz465
so can anyone confirm what the largest memory stick configuration is? is it possible to put 2 32gb microSDs in the adapter and get something like 50gb?
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

I'd also like to know if anyone has tried 64 GB, and what the limit is at this point.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
The Photofast CR-5400 is actually a lot more stable than some of the sony MSPDuos I've used. I've had the CR-5400 with 2 class-2 sandisk microSD cards in it for over 1 1/2 years, and I've had no problems whatsoever. don't knock it til you've tried it. (Sorry for the bump)ddrguitarpunk
I've never had any issues with pro duos
genz465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 genz465
So u have 64gb's on your psp?
qpitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 qpitty
Member since 2006 • 101 Posts

Hey everyone, I have a question. I have one 32gb microSDHc card and the dual adapter and when I put it in the psp it say it must be formatted but when I try to format it, it says there is no card. any solutions?

williamwk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 williamwk
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hi,

I tried the Adapter Photofast CR-5400 with V-Gen 32gb Micro SD x 2 cards and got 59gb on my PSP 3000 09g...

I suppose it worked...

Cheap Adaptor + Cheap memory cards = Wonderful Result!!

xliang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 xliang
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts
woah so the memory card can be use with the adapter for vita? New news to me. Gonna try it out
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

woah so the memory card can be use with the adapter for vita? New news to me. Gonna try it outxliang

Vita uses proprietary memory cards, so neither micro nor pro duo will work on it. This is a 3 month old thread.