Why Naked Snake and Solid Snake have the same voice...?

G-Man88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 G-Man88
Member since 2006 • 941 Posts

Why Naked Snake and Solid Snake have the same voice and look alike so much?

BTW... who are "Les Infantes Terribles"? is there a reason why Ivan Raikov and Raiden look so much alike? what the hell is that dream of Snake in MGS3 when he turns into a werewolf and fights like Kratos in God of War?

i just only beated MGS2 and MGS3 and i have a lot of questions...

NirvanaX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 NirvanaX360
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
*plot twist*
they are the same person!
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts

*plot twist*
NirvanaX360

Technically but not exactly teh same person...

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

*SPOILERS FOR MGS SERIES PLOT*

The "Les Enfants Terribles" project was a secret experiment whose goal was to make ultimate super soldiers. They got samples of Naked Snake's cell/DNA (since at the time he was regarded as the world's greatest soldier), and basically cloned him. It resulted in 3 "sons" being born: Solid, Liquid, and Solidius.

Solid Snake ended up inheriting most of Naked Snake's looks.

I think Kojima just make Raikov look like Raiden just for fanservice. There's no connection between the two.

Ahh, the famous dream sequence. It's just there as an easter egg. Nothing particularly important about it as far as the main plot is concerned.

Hope this helps.

G-Man88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 G-Man88
^^^ thanks! really helpfull. Since i didnt play MGS1 i didnt understand most of the plot
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
^^^ thanks! really helpfull. Since i didnt play MGS1 i didnt understand most of the plotG-Man88
You should play MGS1. It's quite the experience. You'll have to deal with the pacing, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts

[QUOTE="NirvanaX360"]*plot twist*
Liquid-Prince

Technically but not exactly teh same person...

Yeah, they are cloning wise right? I dunno, I am happy they did have the same awesome voice though!
Belesur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Belesur
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
That's precisely why you were confused about those particular plot details. You missed out on an awful lot with Metal Gear Solid. As said, I recommend that you go back and play it. It's truly a great game, though some of the gameplay (like the controls for example) is a bit clunky for todays standards. The storyline however is absolutely amazing.
Avatar image for RaVe_MasThuRr09
RaVe_MasThuRr09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RaVe_MasThuRr09
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
uhhh same voice actor? O.o?
pwner1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 pwner1
Member since 2006 • 1019 Posts
Why would you play the sequels if you didn't play the original Metal Gear Solid?
Speed_King2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Speed_King2
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Why Naked Snake and Solid Snake have the same voice and look alike so much?

BTW... who are "Les Infantes Terribles"? is there a reason why Ivan Raikov and Raiden look so much alike? what the hell is that dream of Snake in MGS3 when he turns into a werewolf and fights like Kratos in God of War?

i just only beated MGS2 and MGS3 and i have a lot of questions...

G-Man88

They are the SAME person!!! GAWD can't I just look around without someone asking a stupid question!:evil:

G-Man88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 G-Man88

They are the SAME person!!! GAWD can't I just look around without someone asking a stupid question!:evil:

Speed_King2

no, Solid Snake is a clone of Naked Snake. Its imposible that they re the same person, MGS3 takes place like 40 years before MGS2 and they look the same age
G-Man88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 G-Man88

Why would you play the sequels if you didn't play the original Metal Gear Solid?pwner1

because theyre great. even without understunding half of the plot, MGS2 and 3 were one of the best games ive played

alch3mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 alch3mist
Member since 2006 • 1162 Posts
They used the same voice actor because David is voice actor and Naked snake was cloned and Solid Snake got most of his looks while Solidus was a perfect blance of both genes and when he got that eye patch he looked like Big Boss when he got old.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
Just FYI, Solidus was supposed to have the same voice as well. At least the Japan version of SOL got it right.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
skipping MGS1 isn't a big of a sin as you think.... in fact, I don't think your questions are answered in MGS1. Just read the document story files of MGS2 and you'll know everything you need to know. Be forwarned though.... it's a lot of reading. once you flip to the last page of the first document, the next one will appear on the menu list. The third and final one has all the details.... and has a whole lot of pages. The first one is a summary and the 2nd one is a comedy or a farce.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

[QUOTE="G-Man88"]^^^ thanks! really helpfull. Since i didnt play MGS1 i didnt understand most of the plotKing9999
You should play MGS1. It's quite the experience. You'll have to deal with the pacing, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

MGS1 is better than MGS3 and the best game ever made

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Why would you play the sequels if you didn't play the original Metal Gear Solid?pwner1
They're all great games, I'm pretty sure alot of people played Metal Gear Solid without playing any of the MSX or the NES Metal Gear. Story Wise, Metal Gear Solid 3 takes place before anything so playing the other games wouldn't matter.
jupago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jupago
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

i like the 3 metal gears solids , the metalgear solid of psone is great, obviusly, this don't have the same grapichs that his others versions, but the history is exellent, the sound is very good, and have a lot of things that help you to understand the history, the metal gear solid 2... mmmmm, i not complete that game.. but i like this one , and MGS3 is..exellent, in this game, get your back to the past and you will be Big Boss the "father" of solid snake, and liquid snake(this only be in the MGS1) and solidus snake (i don't nkow this, but im think, that is of other game of the saga... bus in other console how the msx 1 or something else)