ps2robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 ps2robot
Member since 2006 • 288 Posts

I do....I think that the ps3 may notcome so therfore sony will contine to make games for the ps2 (no offense ps2 owners) please dont turn this into a fanboy stuff or please dont turn this into how the ps3 is better, cause frankly I dont care!!!

Well im not saying that I think the ps2 is gona die next year cause we all that its got a couple more years in it but what im saying is who agress that the ps2 will last more than 4 or 5 years or whatever the time maybe

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
There are rumors about a reshape for it, a new price drop and a Wii like controller.
renarahma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 renarahma
Member since 2007 • 1954 Posts

I have PS2 for 4 years and i am not having any plan to buy PS3... In my country, still hard to find PS3 games.. what for i spent money to buy PS3...

Rock On PS2...

List3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 List3n
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
the ps2 has put out more memorable rpgs than any other system to date and i happen to love rpgs so i definately have hope in it lasting many more years
SoldatKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SoldatKnight
Member since 2004 • 1557 Posts
As far as new games go I think the PS3 will have to fail for PS2 to last any longer then mid 08 or so.
Azteroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Azteroid
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
"woah" kenshinhimura16, I heard nothing of a redesign, I really don't see the point now that the PS3 is out. As for the tc, I believe most people still have hope in the PS2, Inevitably, its days are numbered, once people start purchasing the newer consoles, doesn't necessarily have to be the PS3, the PS2 will fade out, developers will stop producing games for the system.But remember, just because there will be no more games in the coming years doesn't me the console itself will be dead.
weijie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 weijie86
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts

There are rumors about a reshape for it, a new price drop and a Wii like controller.kenshinhimura16

I am not so sure about the redesign but I heard that SONY actually try to incorporate motion sensing sort of like the Wii controller into PS2..This means that they have not yet abandon ps2(of course not its still making a lot of money for SONY)...PS2 is the legendary console,so even though if they pour most of their attention towards ps3,the continuing improvement of ps2 might turn out to be like an 'insurance'...gamers consist of different kind of people,so its hard to satisfy them all.but ps2 has been proven to be successful since it has sold over 100 million unit....I doubt any of the next gen console will achieve the same thing considering the troubles they face...Anyway,if this sort of remake of the controller turn out to be true,then that means games for the ps2 will still come out(utilizing the new feature)...besides,if this plan is successful,ps2 will surely attract younger gamer...It will just continue to OWN!!

snowman_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 snowman_rob
Member since 2005 • 394 Posts

I still have some hope. Games that I have now should last me a while, such as FFXII, and Guitar Hero and Singstar are regular household favourites. But as for upcoming games, other than Manhunt 2 (which will likely get banned in Australia, my home country) it looks pretty grim. I may have to do the unthinkable and purchase a Nintendo Wii *GASP!*

ps2robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ps2robot

Well what I have noticed is that the ps3 isnt selling that good so sony will have to make more games for the ps2 to soppurt them, and I know one thing as a fact if the pricedoesn't drop for the ps3 its gona die and sony will have to make more games for the ps2 because there failure of a sytem or another theory.......sonymay continue to make games for the ps2 no matter how the ps3 sales if there smart enough because more people have ps2 than wii,gamecube (I think),and even x box360 so even though the ps3 is preety cool I have to admint but if they continue to make games for the ps2 even if the ps3 does do better in sales they will make probally make more money then the ps3

So what im saying is if after a couple of years I hope they realize that they can continue to make ps2 games for more years to come because of the population of the ps2

teldath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 teldath
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
the PS3 is selling just as well as the PS2 did at the same point, sony is pretty slow at getting good games into their console, but once they do sales increase. just give it time. i hope that sony is spending most of their energy on the PS3 and not the PS2.
Tohru_Readman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Tohru_Readman
Member since 2006 • 450 Posts

I still have hope at least for another couple years, in the uk we are still waiting on:

Atlier Iris 3

Rogue Galaxy

Valkyrie Profile 2

Odin Sphere (if it gets a uk release)

And I'm not planning on buying a ps3 anytime soon.

ps2robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ps2robot

Yes im not planing to buy a ps3 eaither because I think sony will continue to make more games for a longer time than some people predict and just to let the ps3 owners know but if ps3 doesnt sell better in a couple of years :cry: R.I.P Here lies a ps3 who couldnt sprout it wings and fly like the ps2 did and is still doing so so sad....why didnt the ps3 do what the ps2 did and lower its price why oooo why :cry: (no offense to all the ps3 owners out thier but its a fact if they dont lower the price of the ps3)

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

Yes im not planing to buy a ps3 eaither because I think sony will continue to make more games for a longer time than some people predict and just to let the ps3 owners know but if ps3 doesnt sell better in a couple of years :cry: R.I.P Here lies a ps3 who couldnt sprout it wings and fly like the ps2 did and is still doing so so sad....why didnt the ps3 do what the ps2 did and lower its price why oooo why :cry: (no offense to all the ps3 owners out thier but its a fact if they dont lower the price of the ps3)

ps2robot
Nah, I dont think the PS3 will die. Any system that sony, MS, or nintendo puts out will sell. I think the PS3 will get a big lump of sales a couple weeks after E3. After a price drop, PSN updates, exclusive games (duh), and maybe sixaxis vibration is announced, I believe WAY more people will pick one up.
deadnarc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deadnarc
Member since 2006 • 154 Posts

The ps3 sold better in its first couple months than the 360 did in it's first couple months.

And I thinkt that once mgs4, devil may cry 4 and final fantasy XIII come out, sales will definitely increase.

ps2robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ps2robot
Lol you got to be kiding me lol........The only way ps3 wont die is if they drop the price which is highley unlickley, cause sony cant afford to do that because of how much money they wasted on the ps3 so I really dont care and I really dont pay attention of this rumors of them droping the price soon. because im preety shure if they dont drop down the price soon its all down hill for the ps3. and when they finally get to the bottom of the hill they land in water and drown.....and the only thing that can keep them above water is more sells of the ps3.......and if sony cant drop the price soon face it the ps3 will dieand sony will be in money troubles and the only thing to help sony stay alive is if they make more ps2 games and im sorry all ps3 owners but this is the truth and you all know it no matter how much you say it isnt :(
Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
Wasn't it funny that sony did a huge amount of trash talk about ps3 bein the best and now its the worst selling of the new consoles? I myself love my ps2 and will never abandon it. RPG's are my favorite genre of games and sony has always seem to be in the lead when it came to that. The ps2 still has a huge life span in my opinion.
BowserJrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BowserJrfan
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

ps2 is still live and kicking

the ps3 is pretty expensive

still making new games for ps2

unlike xbox(original) and gamecube

lestat23l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lestat23l
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts
isnt it funny how a tun of people bashed on the ps2 in the very same way when it was released, and eventually it became the best selling console of all time.
Avatar image for My_man_Clemence
My_man_Clemence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 My_man_Clemence
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
Hey guys, play God Hand.
Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
well i have hope it's a decent system with a lot of great titles on it
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
Me! Like what I always post on ps2 dying topics...I think PS2 is still alive until PS4 (or whatever Sony will name the next PS) is out. I have no plans of buying PS3 until pirated games are out. Hahahaha!