Which Resident Evil should i start with?

joshua2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joshua2424
Member since 2006 • 509 Posts

never played any RE's, which one should i start with?

Rockingtime75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rockingtime75
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts

For true, scary Resident Evil, get the REMake on the Gamecube.

If you want more intense action, get Resident Evil 4.

I suggest starting with the REmake, but either one is fine

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
My favourite old school RE was RE2. It was bloody awesome and damn scary.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
Get all PS1 Resident Evil games, then get Code Veronica X and finally Resident Evil 4 so you can truly appreciate how the series has evolved.
TheRocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheRocha
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
this might sound redundant but you should start from the beggining and give the original, for the psone a try - although if your not into retro then the gamecube is the one for you. resi 2 and 3 are quite capable of being enjoyable experiences - but i'm biased because i really like the resi saga - being resi 2 the best. in short you should play them in order, because if you start with resi4 you will feel that the previous fall too short in comparison
joshua2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 joshua2424
Member since 2006 • 509 Posts

well i only have a ps2 so GC versions are outta the question

im pretty sure im not into retro games but then again i do tend to play galica from tekken 1 from time to time ahahah screw it i guess i can spend, what like 8 bucks for a used RE 1?

whats the very 1st one called? u think a game crazy or game stop would have it?

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
The first one is simply called Resident Evil and I think (I might be wrong) that the only places left to find PS1 games are at pawn shops and eBay.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts
Get all PS1 Resident Evil games, then get Code Veronica X and finally Resident Evil 4 so you can truly appreciate how the series has evolved.azzezino
I agree.
DARKREBELWOLFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DARKREBELWOLFE
Member since 2004 • 1415 Posts
I would say start of With The Remake of Resident Evil it has alot more to do, but thats Gamecube and this is PS2 forums soI would say you want to go threw what most RE fans start off with Resident Evil on the PSX, I would say get the Directors Cut Dual Shock Version. That one has 3 modes Original, beginner, and a mode I forget what it's called not hard but it has more zombies in it. Then go threw each title tho I do not think you will find RE survivor (PSX) if you do not have it already hard to find that game not very good game tho
TheRocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheRocha
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
what azzezzino said is true, it's the best way to see how the series have evolved.just a warning, imo: stay the hell away from the survivor series!
meowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meowww
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts

Just playing the PS Series i mean in GC and other consels is not follow the story

so starting with the RE1 and follow the games in the PS1 and PS2.

and u will have Fun

kgansor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 kgansor
Member since 2006 • 1871 Posts

all the gamestops in our area still carry PSone games, so check at your stores.. if you cant find it check online..

we have one of the original PC RE's that was recalled because it was too violent then they came out with a lower rated version, we never sent ours back on the recall so we still play it, but its so hard to play on newer computers, but try to get the first games if you can, if you cant you could check out capcoms website or search on google and look up the RE story line and get the first couple games so you know what's going on, if you know what went on in the first games you will defiantly appreciate the rest of the games ALOT more.

Freddy_K_412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Freddy_K_412
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

I would do everything in my power to play them in order. Since however you don't have a GC, I would start with any of the RE File# games then Code Veronica, then RE4.

Pumster76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Pumster76
Member since 2003 • 227 Posts
Resident Evil 2 may be Capcom's best game ever. It's definitely the best game boasting the original RE control scheme.
jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts
just wait for the RE bundle(which is comming out pretty soon) its 29.99 and it includes: RE codeword veronice,RE outbreak, then RE4...awesome..to bad I can't wait and also I owned those games previously(but veronica on dreamcast....most underrated system ever)
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
I havnt played any RE games either, thanks for informing me i need to play the first too :P
EDIT: just curies...i looked on ebay, the only original resident evil i could find is Resident Evil Directors Cut...is that the same????
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

I havnt played any RE games either, thanks for informing me i need to play the first too :P
EDIT: just curies...i looked on ebay, the only original resident evil i could find is Resident Evil Directors Cut...is that the same????six_shot

Yes, only that in DC you get the items switched from their origginal locations... and IIRC it's a bit harder. But you get to chose between the original and the DC version, so get it.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

Get all PS1 Resident Evil games, then get Code Veronica X and finally Resident Evil 4 so you can truly appreciate how the series has evolved.azzezino

yes but RE4 is not a true RE, its not scary, its just killing zombies without a story ( rescue the president's daugther - i cant say this is story)

but its damn fun

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#19 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
Resident Evil 2!! Best RE ever (though I love RE4)
tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#20 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts
You can start with Resident Evil 2,I did the same,that´s the first RE game I bought.I never got the chance to buy RE for the PSX,until I bought RE:Remake in 2002.
race_suace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 race_suace
Member since 2006 • 1685 Posts
My favourite old school RE was RE2. It was bloody awesome and damn scary.GazzaB
yea m2
mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
[QUOTE="azzezino"]Get all PS1 Resident Evil games, then get Code Veronica X and finally Resident Evil 4 so you can truly appreciate how the series has evolved.Kage1
I agree.

I also agree, Resident Evil has come a long way, and just keeps getting better and better.
faceman420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 faceman420
Member since 2003 • 637 Posts
RE2 serves as a great intro, RE1 is kinda lame n unpolished, RE3 is like a diet RE2, RE:CV is jus a better lookin version of all of em, and RE4 is completely diff so you could start wit that too. You can stay away from any of the RE online and shoot em up games cuz they're pretty lame.
Rated_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rated_25
Member since 2006 • 1746 Posts
Ive started with 4, then get the previous PS2-versions afterwards, cause it was that great. I normally tend to start with the best ones out of the series... :|
Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
I would start with REmake for the Cube. Then pick up the PS2 version of RE4. After that it's up to you which RE games you play.