kevinlamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kevinlamar
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts

I've been looking at the reviews for Mortal Kombat Armeggedon and Mortal Kombat Deception, but I just cannot decide which one is a better buy!

Gamespot gave Deception a higher rating, but Armeggedon has more characters. I love the series and I don't want to waste my money and buy both. Please give me your opinoin on which one I should get. Thank you

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
me i personally liked deception better, but armageddon is a bit more challenging, so id say get armageddon, then definitely pick up deception
KewDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 KewDrew
Member since 2003 • 290 Posts
I think Deception is the overall better game. The other gameplay modes (Chess Kombat, Puzzle Kombat) are both better than Armageddon's Motor Kombat, in my opinion. It also has a better story complete with character endings that have artwork for every character. Although, Armageddon does have every character, a better Konquest mode, and a cool create-a-fighter mode. Both versions are online, though more people are probably playing Armageddon. It's pretty close between the two, but I do think Deception is a better game.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#4 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

Deception is was the up to date classic version of MK.   You fight, you do fatties,  you have a couple of mini games.

Armageddon lets you make custom fighters but doesnt actually let you use them in any of the modes except versus which is stupid.  They stripped out all the individual fatties and now you just get to create your own fatties by ripping off arms and legs and stabbing people and ripping parts out.   The parts for the character creater are also really lacking in costumes and special moves so there are some characters you cant even recreate.  It was a half %#@ed attempt to do what Soul Calibur3 did with its create a character.

Shaolin Monks has the best freaking combat engine MK has ever used.  Unfortunately there isnt really your standard versus mode.  Its more of a 3 qauter view that plays like an arcade game.   And even though you get to play as 4 different people they didnt bother to make new cinema's for the other characters so you will be playing as one guy and during the cinema's you are somebody else lol.  

So in my opinion Deception was the last COMPLETE version of an MK game.   Armageddon and Shaolin Monks were both incomplete rushed crap versions.   Although getting to create your own combos is pretty sweet.  To bad the specials and outfits were so limited.  But even then you have nothing to do with them except play arcade mode and earn money to unlock stuff which doesnt take very long. 

I have always hated MK as a fighting game and I probably always will but I freaking love the character backgrounds and how fleshed out the MK universe is.  For that reason I will keep trying them out.  I even made the mistake of buying Deception and armageddon brand new =/.    There is so much potential for MK. 

I'd say not to get any of them though.  You only need SC3 and DBZ BT2.

Darth_Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Darth_Homer
Member since 2004 • 5779 Posts
Deception features proper endings and fatalities for each character. As well as that, you've also got the additional mini-games (Puzzle Kombat, Chess Kombat and Konquest). I personally haven't played too much of Armageddon to give an opinion on that one, but the only real plus to me would be the addition of virtually every character... Or you could just buy Deadly Alliance. Great game.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
Ultimate MK 3 for the SNES. the series only went down hill from there
meowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 meowww
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts

there is no good mortal kombat

every game is bad

but in my opinion the best one

thats u make adventure not fighting

i forget its name :(

Silvaryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silvaryn
Member since 2004 • 294 Posts

I think Deception is the overall better game. The other gameplay modes (Chess Kombat, Puzzle Kombat) are both better than Armageddon's Motor Kombat, in my opinion. It also has a better story complete with character endings that have artwork for every character. Although, Armageddon does have every character, a better Konquest mode, and a cool create-a-fighter mode. Both versions are online, though more people are probably playing Armageddon. It's pretty close between the two, but I do think Deception is a better game.KewDrew

That pretty much sums up my exact feelings also. Having every fighter in the series' history made Armageddon irresistable to me. I don't regret getting it, but I definitely miss having the characters' "real" fatalities, and I find the create-a-fatality system a poor substitute.

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
None.
jrnhanie0310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jrnhanie0310
Member since 2006 • 15177 Posts
the old ones were the best
garrett186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 garrett186
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts

deception for its cheaper price.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
Armageddon , the one game ive always wanted form MK ( all characters, well save for a couple minor ones that woudl of been great to see but doesnt hurt the game for me )
Maiche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Maiche
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
deception(more content in it)
ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts
well if u like arcade fighting games, u should play this series.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Get any 2D mortal Kombat. All the 3D games are worser than a donkey kick in the nuts
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#16 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
armageddon. I had more fun with that for some reason. But still try to get both :)
Avatar image for deactivated-60156c31f349f
deactivated-60156c31f349f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-60156c31f349f
Member since 2005 • 2836 Posts
Deception is better, too bad though cause all characters are in Armageddon but the game itself kinda sucked.
Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

Deception

charp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 charp
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I have to lean towards Deception. Although its a nice idea to have every character come back, its not the same as when they first appeared. The kustom fatality mode is a nice thing to play around, and ive recorded quite a few videos for my site, but no matter how insane they look, the fact that another character could do the exact same one gets on my nerves a bit. I found the previous games better cos even though they all had their own special moves, the fatalities were character specific and what made them memorable, eg Kung Lao and his hat, Sub-Zero and spine rip and Scorpion and his toasty move.

And yeah, Motor Kombat was pretty lame...
Freakgamer_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Freakgamer_M
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts
deception is the best of all along with MKII .In deception you kan get some nice fights if you try to take it easy or if are playing it on hard mode. and MKII was the game of my childhood ahhh..... goodtime......... goodtimes
BerkinJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BerkinJJ
Member since 2006 • 98 Posts
You should first get MK Deception and later get MK armageddon.Deception have better endings
RobertLangdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RobertLangdon
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
shaolin monks is gud too
Szalaszazka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Szalaszazka
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
Mortal Kombat I & II :) THE BEST MK's EVER !!!!!
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#24 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

of the ps2 gams, Deception is the best.

Dealy alliance was good, and deception made the fighting systembetter. The mini games are also alot of fun.

Amageddon just seems to fall flat. there are less fighting styles, so the characters are more generic. The style branch combos seem to have been taken out, aswell.

Deception is the way to go

raine92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25 raine92
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

My self i have both and can tell u that armageddon is the best. It is because it has all the characters of the MK universe, it has a more challenging Konquest mode, and u can create your own character to fight with in arcade mode and online.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

Ultimate MK 3 for the SNES. the series only went down hill from there
dante_123456
I prefered the Genisis version over the SNES one...

I would pick up Deception just because it stayed true to the MK roots, character designs, and fatalities...

Although if you are looking for the best Mortal Kombat Games overall get the old ones for the Sega Genisis or the SNES.

super_police

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 super_police
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts

Mortal kombat is a game better left to "back in the day" recollections than it is for playing it now. when I was young I thought mk2 was awesome but now I look at it and it seems pathetic. Which is odd as most of the 2d fighters of that time have aged really well.. but for me mk misses somehow.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
I havent played Armageddon yet, but Deception is my favorite, I really liked the konquest, i hated the fighting, lol. but even though graphics isn't that good, Its fun.