jamewoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jamewoong
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'm a fan of metal gear solid and I was amazed by the game: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. I played it twice (can play more, but I rather invest time to play others games).

I just get my PS2 Slim and there's a Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence which I didn't play.

Are they the same? Should I get both of them? Which one is better?

rushman24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rushman24
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I would recommend the orginal Metal Gear Solid for the original PS. That game will give all the back story first. Or if you really wanted to get old school the NES Metal Gear games.
darksoul33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darksoul33
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Go with Subsistence. There's not much difference in the two, but Subsistence has a few more special features and side items that a fan of MGS might enjoy.
G-Man88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 G-Man88
Member since 2006 • 941 Posts

yes, they are the same game, but subsistence also includes a new camera angle and A LOT of extra features not included in snake eater.

any of both is fine, the game is the same.

also remember that subsistence includes the classic Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games from Super Nintendo...

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
Subsistance, I heard, was hard to find.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
then get em all
OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
Go for Subsistence, the camera is so great, you can control it to have a better stealth action, plus you can fight only the bosses when you finish the game and have so many secrets...ahhh *OtakuRay is going to play rit ight now*
nywled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 nywled
Member since 2005 • 359 Posts
metal gear solid 2 :)
FEC4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FEC4
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

I would recommend the orginal Metal Gear Solid for the original PS. That game will give all the back story first. Or if you really wanted to get old school the NES Metal Gear games.rushman24

indeed, thought since you already played MGS2 SOL, then you might feel downgraded, only a little like no first person shooting, but the story and game-play should satisfy you, like with weird and awesome characters like on SOL, you should be entertained.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Get metAL gear soLid

deadnarc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deadnarc
Member since 2006 • 154 Posts
Actually the original Metal Gear games were on the MSX2.
DDRFAN28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DDRFAN28
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts
duh i agree whit you! is the best metal gear on date for ps2 go for it!! lol
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

yes, they are the same game, but subsistence also includes a new camera angle and A LOT of extra features not included in snake eater.

any of both is fine, the game is the same.

also remember that subsistence includes the classic Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games from Super Nintendo...

G-Man88

he said it all....

jamewoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jamewoong

I would recommend the orginal Metal Gear Solid for the original PS. That game will give all the back story first. Or if you really wanted to get old school the NES Metal Gear games.rushman24

Thanks for your suggestion, but I've already play MGS 1 in my PS one. It was so good. That's why I play the MGS 2: Sons of Liberty which is following story of the first one.

**Spoilers***

At the end of MGS 2: Sons of Liberty, the brother of Solid Snake is not dead yet. Is there any MGS that follow that story? Metal Gear 2 susbstance?

G-Man88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 G-Man88
Member since 2006 • 941 Posts

**Spoilers***

At the end of MGS 2: Sons of Liberty, the brother of Solid Snake is not dead yet. Is there any MGS that follow that story? Metal Gear 2 susbstance?

jamewoong

what brother?

substance is just another version of MGS2, with a bunch of extra missions, but the game is the same and it doesnt add anything to the plot

jamewoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jamewoong
brother?

substance is just another version of MGS2, with a bunch of extra missions, but the game is the same and it doesnt add anything to the plot

G-Man88

Well, I don't know if they are brother or not (I forgot the storyline of MG in PSone). Snake and Liquid. They are brother, no? Same gene, cell?

In MGS 2 - Sons of Liberty, liquid was implented in the hand of the shooter (a shooting Boss) that was killed by Snake in MGS 1...

///

I just get the MGS 3 - Subsitence and I have an analog controller and the right analog (R3) is the camera angle. Each time I move the character, the camera goes wrong so I always have to control it.

In MGS 2 - Sons of Liberty, the camera is controlled automatically.

Is there a way to make the camera to take control of it, or this funtion only occurs in MGS 3 - Snake Eater?

Avatar image for Joystick_n_hand
Joystick_n_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Joystick_n_hand
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
Get Subsistence. Happiness and joy will follow...you will be at peace.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Yeah, hit the R3 button and the camera will go to standard Metal Gear default. The problem is that this doesn't work well for a lot of the open areas, and the new camera in Subsistence was Kojima's response to people asking for manual camera control. In other words, the camera's not messing up-- you have control because it works better. Still, you can switch back to the auto control if you like. They both have their uses at times.
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts
Wow, you actually found a copy of Metal Gear Solid? I swear to God I never see that game in the stores.
jamewoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jamewoong

Yeah, hit the R3 button and the camera will go to standard Metal Gear default. The problem is that this doesn't work well for a lot of the open areas, and the new camera in Subsistence was Kojima's response to people asking for manual camera control. In other words, the camera's not messing up-- you have control because it works better. Still, you can switch back to the auto control if you like. They both have their uses at times.MAILER_DAEMON

Thanks for the great tips! I'll try it! I prefer the AUTO camera (MANUAL camera is good if we hold the R1 button just like in MGS 2 -SoL).

Wow, you actually found a copy of Metal Gear Solid? I swear to God I never see that game in the stores.Godofnerdyness

Well, it's hard to get this game now, but I got it from my older brother that bought it few year ago when the PS2 Fat was released (I wasn't interested in PS2).

Between, youcan find it on eBay or old exchange gaming store. I don't think BestBuy or similar store sells it anymore.

One question for MGS 3 - S: Do we lose point or something if we save/continu too much? In MGS - SoL, saving/alerting/killing/continuing can low our RANK.

It is the same in this game?

Thanks!

Taysir_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Taysir_Z
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts
get 2
Avatar image for aoshi_shinumori
aoshi_shinumori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aoshi_shinumori
Member since 2006 • 791 Posts

(pokemon tune)

METAL GEAR!! GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!!!!

rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
Well if you a big fan then get Substance, if you just want a good game to play and get more of the story, then just buy the regular one...
Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts
Go for subsistence.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#25 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
Buy Subsistence it's got more features but online cloused a few months ago.
newuser07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 newuser07
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

if u really like the metal gear series play them in this exact order...

metal gear solid 3 snake eater (or subsitence same thing just extra features), metal gear solid: portbale ops (For the psp) metal gear solid: solid snake (ps1), mgs2 :SoL (ps2) that way ull be on exact track of the story line.