D3R1N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 D3R1N
Member since 2003 • 610 Posts
A combination of an entertaining (and tolerable) combat system and a good story.
dgbeard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dgbeard45
Member since 2003 • 989 Posts

Nice eyes and a good personality.

Also, longevity, inventive graphics, good story, and minimal tedious moments.

Zirocrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Zirocrath
Member since 2004 • 299 Posts
Character appeareance customization, although it's really hard to get that on a ps2 game (except for Champios or Baldur's Gate). So I'd say a great story (not some **** made up by the creators that only them would understand) and please... the most important... NO MORE TURN-BASED-COMBAT!!! It sucks so much...
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

The story is usually the most important. I usually like RPGs which might change my prespective on life and also thought provoking ones.

RPGs have to be fun aswell... and have cool memorable characters. Probably the two most inspiring games for me were Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. I hope Square makes a new Chrono game soon.

PreLuDe_DuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 PreLuDe_DuDe
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

The story is usually the most important. I usually like RPGs which might change my prespective on life and also thought provoking ones.

RPGs have to be fun aswell... and have cool memorable characters. Probably the two most inspiring games for me were Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. I hope Square makes a new Chrono game soon.

slimdave21
This persons comments alone pretty much should be the only comment allowed to post in this entire thread. Those two games there are pretty much defines RPGS for me. Nothing more nothing less. SLIMDAVE21 you did us all proud.
NightGrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 NightGrave
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts
more than 40 hours of gameplay.....awesome characters.....funny dialogue every now and then....character customizations...Weapon customizations....passing level 9000+ as the limit for levels many different side quests after beating the game, oh and awesome battle features of course and thats about it 8)
WhiteSpace000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 WhiteSpace000
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
For me it would be the story mostly. It needs to be long and well designed. But the battle system plays a big part, something like Star Ocean 3 or FFIX.
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
Fun combat system (FFXII is a snooze fest!)
Above average graphics
A plot wich has to be unraveled but does not leave you wandering on meaningless chores inbetween plot twists.

on the story i could name Onimusha 4: dawn of dreams for example
where you learn how it will end in the first hour and actually getting to that point takes up the remaining 29 hours
Its almost as if they wanted to go to the supermarket around the corner but instead decided on turning 180 degrees and cross the entire only to end up at that supermarket at the corner you left off.

Zirocrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Zirocrath
Member since 2004 • 299 Posts

For me it would be the story mostly. It needs to be long and well designed. But the battle system plays a big part, something like Star Ocean 3 or FFIX.WhiteSpace000

Well .Hack//G.U. Has a very nice and engaging combat system. You can move freely and you only control one character, but you can set the strategy for each one of the rest of the party (rage, heal, free-will, etc.). Also you get to do combos and special attacks as well as using items such as potions or spells.
Each enemy has it's weaknesses and techniques, so you are able to combat them the way it best fits you.

Again... I do hate turn based combats...

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
Nice graphics,interesting story,fun battle system,easy customization of characters.
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hot114
[QUOTE="slimdave21"]

PreLuDe_DuDe
This persons comments alone pretty much should be the only comment allowed to post in this entire thread. Those two games there are pretty much defines RPGS for me. Nothing more nothing less. SLIMDAVE21 you did us all proud.

I agree to that to some extent, in general those games are more enjoyable as RPG's however after trying YS: ark of napthism a game wich i feel i "should" hate because it manages to draw in every RPG cliche you can think of and wrap it up in a short 10 package. i was instead charmed by this game and albeit short is ever so sweet.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around this game and why i cant hate it and therefore i have to say it has entirely changed my way of thinking on this subject.

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hot114
I would like to add Customisation! Add choise for the player to personalise theyr character and room to experiment in.