Trouble with getting Rogue Galaxy to load?

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

Anyone else have trouble getting Rogue Galaxy to start up?  I've tried two different discs and have cleaned out my PS2 and it still only loads about half the time.  The rest of the time, it's almost like the PS2 gets stuck trying to read it or something.  Any ideas?

ErrorOfRuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ErrorOfRuto
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
Rogue Galaxy is on a dual layered DVD, which some (mostly older model) PS2s have difficulty reading. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of any fix or workaround for this issue that doesn't involve either modding or replacing your console.
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
I was having the exact same problem -- I pulled my PS2 off its little 2in. high perch (I tripped on the controller cord) and it was working fine... and then I tried playing dual layer DVD games and the same thing you reported happened. I bought a new one.
Avatar image for addictedtochaos
addictedtochaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 addictedtochaos
Member since 2004 • 1142 Posts
I had the same problem with Rogue Galaxy when I first bought it, I just ran a DVD Laser Lens Cleaner through my PS2 (twice for good measure) and it worked fine.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
I bought Rogue Galaxy about a week ago and haven't been able to play it because of this. It's driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi_rev_kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hi_rev_kev
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

I bought Rogue Galaxy about a week ago and haven't been able to play it because of this. It's driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KH-mixerX

I think the fulla who posted above me started a thread about the same thing. Look for the "I can't believe it..." thread in the Ps2 forum

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]I bought Rogue Galaxy about a week ago and haven't been able to play it because of this. It's driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hi_rev_kev

I think the fulla who posted above me started a thread about the same thing. Look for the "I can't believe it..." thread in the Ps2 forum

Thats me. I still haven't figured it out yet. I'm probably just gonna get a new PS2. That crap pisses me off so much. Why don't they put like a disclaimer or somethin' on the back to warn people. Rogue Galaxy is the only game I got right now (for ps2) and I can't even play it. Thank God I rented Okami the other day. Awesome game I might add.

AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
[QUOTE="hi_rev_kev"]

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]I bought Rogue Galaxy about a week ago and haven't been able to play it because of this. It's driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KH-mixerX

Thats me. I still haven't figured it out yet. I'm probably just gonna get a new PS2. That crap pisses me off so much. Why don't they put like a disclaimer or somethin' on the back to warn people. Rogue Galaxy is the only game I got right now (for ps2) and I can't even play it. Thank God I rented Okami the other day. Awesome game I might add.

If you have any other dual layer (DVD 9) games you might want to see if they work, too.
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts
Hmm.  Guess I'll try the cleaner.  Thanks for the advice everyone.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
i had the same problem but i could not make it work, it in the intro to lvl 8 it get stck and wont load, well i took it back to the shop and change another dvd ps2 game,
chuys_SPADES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 chuys_SPADES
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

well i know for sure that rough galaxy and god of war dont work on the slim ps2's beacause the disc is to heavy for it just go down to a local game store and shell out fifty bucks or trade yours in for a new one make sure its fat ;p