Crawler3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Crawler3333
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts
Spawning from adventures to RPGs, no game which gives a decent amount of importance to the storyline is spared by this terrible disease.From Final Fantasy VII to Metal Gear Solid, each game keeps going on and on, dragging a plot which seems to be never ending. In the last few years, the disease evolved-like a true virus-in the even more infamous "Prequel Disease" as the ultimate way to let a used and abused franchise reach the shelves with a new installment of the series.With this new formula, authors can release a new Resident Evil or Suikoden without the necessity of thinking about "what happens next ?", since the new episode will simply tell the player "hey, that's what happened before!". But what do you players think about this new trend? Do you like to see your favourite franchise (if you have one, of course) go on forever ? Or would you just like to finally read the magic word "THE END... REALLY !!!" after you beat your brand new copy of Devil May Cry 9 for PlayStation 5 ? Let me know what do you think about it !
LostLegacy54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 LostLegacy54
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts

I think it would be nice if developers got more creative and started some new franchises. I also steadfastly believe that any story driven game should only go up to a max of 4 or 5 games. There are some games that can go on forever, such as SOCOM: US Navy Seals, since it is not a story driven game.

The Jak series was perfect because it only had 3 story driven games in it, a PSP game, plus one cart-racing game. And now Naughty Dog is moving on to a different game for the PS3. Opposite of that is Ratchet and Clank. That franchise should have ended with Up Your Arsenal + the PSP game. R&C 4 was terrible (to me) and Insomniac is making another R&C for the PS3.

So to answer you question, I would LOVE to see the words, "THE END...REALLY!!!"

LostLegacy54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 LostLegacy54
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts

IMO all of the PS2 titles blew major.

kinky_king

Why are you posting in the PS2 section of the forums then?

Crawler3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Crawler3333
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts
Well, my opinion it's a little between "yes" and "no".I think a plot could go as far as the developers go as soon as each episode gives some kind of conclusion.Needless to say, this topic could provide some SPOILERS AHEAD. FFX it's quite a good example.The first episode did have quite an acceptable ending.The player didn't need a sequel to see how the story goes on.If you don't like FFX-2 and its Barbie craziness, you don't have to buy it at any cost. MGS2 it's the "bad way".What the hell happened to Ocelot/Liquid ? Who are the Patriots ? You'll have to wait MGS4 (number 3 was a DAMN prequel !!!) to know the answers. I hope new contributors (and the previous ones, of course) will come and express what they think.