BabyAlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BabyAlf
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
I just rented the new final fantasy and its a real let down. The new combat system competly boring and useless story in my opinion. Now I've been playing final fantasy games since 7 came out and I've played them all from FF1 to FFtactics and this had to be the worst. And now the series is ruined cause I bet there going to keep the same battle stlye the same for this game on out. Does anyone else agree with me?
Avatar image for Dark_Lagerboy24
Dark_Lagerboy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dark_Lagerboy24
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
no i dont agree with you, sure the battle system is sumthin to get used to but i dont think that the story is useless or anything, its probably one of the longest final fantsaies out and the story would be pointless if what you was doin had nuthin to do with the story so honestly i think thats your bein a bit stupid, just coz they tried a few things they did the same for 8 and it was a good success and all the game testers gave it a nine, including gamespots o
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts

i like FFXII, and it was about time for a change in the battle system. The game is really good and can be challenging at times and the battle system makes the game more challeging. if you dont like it take it back and get another game

StillB0RED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StillB0RED
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
No on the battle system. I loved it. As for the story, I didn't think it was boring but it was different and I'm fine with that.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Sorry to hear that buddy. I wont miss you any way. And I dont think SE will care if you leave them. Good look finding another series that fullfills all of the FF standards any way.
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Ther battle system's the same as always except you can move about.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#7 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

I'd rather have macro's kicking the crap out of the computer and just have to move my people around then having to click through 50 stupid windows to do the same thing.  I think it was kool.  

Of course the ulimate combat engine for rpg's is action based.  Jump, Block, Lock-on, couple of attack buttons.  Menu driven combat is a dinosaur and needs to be put out of its misery and im glad FF stepped up to the plate and atleast tried something new.

They are trying to bring an mmorpg playing experience to a single player console game.  I think you better get ready for lots of changes in the new console generation.  

hikari33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 hikari33
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts

for a moment there i thought u meant ff 13 and how the trailer looked like a let down

anyways i didnt find ff12 that annoying..it was nice because the games was very differentfrom other final fantays ive played

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts

The game was really good your not giving it a chance. Sure its boring in the beginning but it gets better.

ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
I thought the same way at first, but give the game a chance; you will change your mind.
DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
I've bought this, and it's my first since VII. I love it :)
Avatar image for Blade_of_Athens
Blade_of_Athens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blade_of_Athens
Member since 2007 • 486 Posts
I just rented the new final fantasy and its a real let down. The new combat system competly boring and useless story in my opinion. Now I've been playing final fantasy games since 7 came out and I've played them all from FF1 to FFtactics and this had to be the worst. And now the series is ruined cause I bet there going to keep the same battle stlye the same for this game on out. Does anyone else agree with me?BabyAlf
Dude, that was a complete hater message, you should play the game for longer time, it owns, and i love the new battle system, kinda got bored with random encounters. The story is good and the voice acting is superb. Graphics are also very good, might be best on ps2. Judging by what you said u played the game for what? 10 minutes?
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
i feel the same way. i picked up FFXII expecting an amazing JRPG instead i got a boring WRPG rip off
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
Personally I find the new battle system fun and innovative. The only thing that lacks though is the story IMO.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
FF XII isn't perfect, but it's still one of the best RPGs to ever come out imo.  I was very dissappointed that the battles weren't turn based at first, then I realised what they did was pretty much just as good.  Stopping the action by pressing X and then selecting your moves was a great idea, it allows you as much time as you want to make your next move. 
There's a good variety of sidequests and secrets as well as a decent storyline.  I'm still bummed there's still no overworld to explore, but I like XII alot better than X, but X did have the slightly better battle system.
I don't really know what there is to complain about in this game.  Pretty just a couple minor things but nothing major enough to call it a dissappointment imo.
pingu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 pingu33
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
 Such a great game!!! The battle system was the best one yet IMO.  You could be involved if you want, you could make it turn based if you want.  It looked more realistic because the characters are walking around and running.  It was nice to not get pissed off because of an unwanted random encounter.  At first, the damn lines REALLY bothered me, but then I realised I could turn them off and all was good.  Give it some time, you'll get used to it quickly and enjoy the game.  I agree with the person that said the story was a little weak, but that's only by FF standards.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
the combat system is great. Chains make grinding a lot more rewarding, if you get into easy battles, you can just let the gambit work instead of holding / mashing the X-Button to attack mindlessly, you can flee from battles and therefor walk through low level territories without stopping for needless battles. While both systems have their charms, I liked the new one a lot
ferretzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ferretzor
Member since 2005 • 2792 Posts
I love the combat system. It's the story that is the real let down.
Momo-yan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Momo-yan
Member since 2007 • 444 Posts
I never thought about the Battle system staying....I mean, it's been revamped like, every game practically, right?  Plus a different team of people are working on FFXIII.   I didn't like the battle system of 12 at first cuz I like button mashing (like in Kingdom Hearts), kind of like stress relief, hehe.  But after playing more of FFXII, I appreciate the automatic stuff A LOT...I can do other things while battling (like eat with my other hand!), and it makes things go way faster :)  And chaining is cool.  I just have trouble buying gambits....I got so scared when I saw them cuz I was like...oh  no....it looks like if else statements in programing :O !