cobadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 cobadee
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
Its a very slow rpg because there is so much text and you can't really skip through it fast. Its a pretty good rpg if you can get past the annoying slow pace and it has an above average combat system.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
Is it worth buying for $15 dollars new? nuclearheath

For $15 I'd give almost any game a try.  Do it.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
its a nice game, but its too short =/
worth a try, thats for sure
Andy_Mizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Andy_Mizzle
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts

I'm a huge Suikoden fan, and i enjoyed the game, i'd say 15 dollars is a fair price for it.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#6 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

I played it when it came out but i had other games at the time to and it kind of fell by the wayside.  Later on I picked it up and played it exclusively and was having a great time UNTIL........ I learned the you have generic units and main character units.   If generic units die in battle they are gone forever.   If main character units die in battle they escape and can be used again.   Some of my favorite people were generics and they died so i stopped playing and told the game to go screw itself.  Im never touching it again. 

If they wouldnt have included such a STUPID mechanic as that i would have loved that game.   Well atleast for the time i played i thought it was cool that enemy monsters kept pace with your levels regardless of where you faught.  I could have sat there and leveled up endlessly and then just stomped through the storyline.   But nooooooo.   My favorite guy Bob had to DIE instead of escape just because he wasnt famous. 

TimoTheThug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 TimoTheThug
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts
I like the suikoden series and i was asking the same thing. It is different from the versions which  i played so i'm still wondering but here in the Netherlands the game is still 50 euro's so.
Gorgon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gorgon_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Suikoden Tactics is not the best SRPG, but is a good game. I recommend it, especially for 15$
nuclearheath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nuclearheath
Member since 2004 • 1108 Posts
thanks maybe I'll pick it up after this snow goes away.
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts
I thought it was a lot of fun also.  As far as dying characters, if someone dies, purposely lose the battle.  Tell the game you'll keep trying and you'll be put back at the beginning of the battle with all the deads back and all of the experience you had gained on the previous attempt.  Piece of cake!
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#11 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
Wow......wish i had known that earlier.   I never did lose a battle lol.  Maybe 20 years from now i will get over my extreme hatred for the game and give it another shot.   BUT IT WONT BE ANYTIME SOON!!!   Talk about stupid programming. 
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

Wow......wish i had known that earlier.   I never did lose a battle lol.  Maybe 20 years from now i will get over my extreme hatred for the game and give it another shot.   BUT IT WONT BE ANYTIME SOON!!!   Talk about stupid programming.  _AbBaNdOn

Yeah, luckily, I discovered that just a few battles in (after I'd recruited Rita).  I did end up replaying quite a few battles whilst working up low levels, it was ultimately pretty satisfying.

nuclearheath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nuclearheath
Member since 2004 • 1108 Posts
I thought it was a lot of fun also.  As far as dying characters, if someone dies, purposely lose the battle.  Tell the game you'll keep trying and you'll be put back at the beginning of the battle with all the deads back and all of the experience you had gained on the previous attempt.  Piece of cake!3KindgomsRandy
thanks for that tip!