Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 xzemnes567
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

I just got it and its great so far who else played it

and is there any parts that i need to be prepared for8)

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
yeah i got it and love it, i am in the gladius towers now. IDK where u are so i cant help u :| get ready for a 1 on 1 battle on ur first time on vedan though, be aggressive.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

xzemnes567

Your so lucky. I bought that damn game a week ago and it won't work on my system. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I envy you.

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts

Your so lucky. I bought that damn game a week ago and it won't work on my system. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I envy you.

KH-mixerX

Any ideas why? It is not a DL disc is it?

Anyways back on topic, I am really looking forward to getting this game, I was just browsing it on eBay.

ErrorOfRuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ErrorOfRuto
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

This game has some of the longest dungeons I have ever seen in a game, (especially the later ones) so I would recommend stocking up on lots of healing items whenever you get the chance. The game is pretty generous with money the further you go, and there is usually at least one shop in each dungeon where you can restock your supplies, so I would typically buy as many healing and resurrection items as I could hold at any given time.

The dungeons in the second half of the game are so long that it will probably take several sessions to get through them (depending on how long you like to play). Luckily there are frequent save points, so completing them in segments is convenient, although it can be unsatisfying to play for a whole hour and still not have seen any plot progression when you turn the game off.

Most of the enemies you encounter in the dungeons and throughout the planets are not very powerful and can be dispatched fairly easily, particularly once you have unlocked your more powerful special abilities. The exception to this however is the mimic, watch out for these guys. The mimics unleash powerful attacks which can catch you off guard and wipe out your whole party in seconds. When you get a Game Over screen, any leveling or progress you have made since your last save will be lost; so always make sure your party's HP is in good shape before opening a treasure chest.

The same is true of the bosses, most of the time you can wear them down and heal when necessary; but occasionally they will perform very powerful attacks which can kill everyone in your party simultaneously. These attacks are usually dodge-able, so you will have to make sure that at least one party member survives the attack so they can heal or resurrect the others.

Finally, a lot of the level design in this game is extremely repetitive, which combined with the unusual length of the dungeons, results in a game that can be frustratingly monotonous at times. Fortunately, the developers included a variety of interesting (albeit not always very rewarding) mini-games and side quests which offer a refreshing break from the dungeons when needed.

The North American release of Rogue Galaxy is on a dual-layered DVD, which some PS2s have difficulty reading. Someone in another thread mentioned that cleaning the laser lens helped solve the problem, that may be worth a try.

xzemnes567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xzemnes567

I'm at the prison

its when zegrem sets jaster up and jaster ends up at level 4 cell

its fun i'm level 158)

AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
I was/am having fun with it -- I got a little over 40 hours in and then put it on the shelf as other stuff came out. I only had trouble with the game not loading after I tripped on my controller cord and it pulled the PS2 (from only 2 inches!).
ArchAngel2284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchAngel2284
Member since 2003 • 1120 Posts
i have it its fun, but damn hard at times!!!
KathR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KathR
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts

xzemnes567

The best advise I can give you is to make sure that you keep your old weapons.. you'll need them later on in the game.  I made the mistake of selling them off and regretted it.. just store them until you need to use them again.. you'll see later on in the game..

Not to scare you, but I have about 104 hours in the game already and I've still got some things to do.. but that's only because I want to get the most out of the game.. get all the enemies, etc..

zixarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 zixarga
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts
How would you compare Rogue galaxy to FFXII in terms of gameplay and story?? I have FFXII and beaten it already, but not too satisfied with the story while the gameplay is okay imo. Thanks for any responses :D
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
How would you compare Rogue galaxy to FFXII in terms of gameplay and story?? I have FFXII and beaten it already, but not too satisfied with the story while the gameplay is okay imo. Thanks for any responses :Dzixarga
There is a very superficial similarity, but the games couldn't be farther apart.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

mohmaaytah

Any ideas why? It is not a DL disc is it?

Anyways back on topic, I am really looking forward to getting this game, I was just browsing it on eBay.

I post thread a thread on it called "I can't believe it..." All of my problems are explained there, along with many other people with the same problem.

Rated_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rated_25
Member since 2006 • 1746 Posts
It still needs to be released here in Europe..Dmnit
ants1105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ants1105
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Is there anybody can help me with ar max codes for rogue galaxi, for max on hunter points ,get all costum
Dragon_Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dragon_Ichigo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

xzemnes567

I played it for quite some time and for me, even after all the poor performance it did in game reviews to me, it was still a great game to play. However the planetary premise was somewhat over hyped... Not really different planets so much as there were different areas that were on different planets. I did however enjoy to a high degree the low to no loading times the game had. You could walk from one section of a map to the next, thinking you'll hit a load screen but no such thing ever happened.

I was glad to see that the voice actor for Spike from "Cowboy Bebop" and Zabuza from "Naruto" found his way to voicing Zegram, and did his job flawlessly. He brought the kind of toughness Zegram needed and made him into a bad ass. Of course the voicing that I hated most was that of "thinks he's in charge but knows he's not" Monsha, Cpt. Dorgengoa's talking feline assistant. I always hated him and his high and mighty attitude, which brought certain moments of the game down for me. Such as when Jaster became an official member of the Dorgengoa crew, instead of a touching moment where he finally found acceptance after years as an orphan raised by a preist, I found Monsha with no off button...

In an Xplay review Adam pointed out that the non-random generation of dungeons and how linear they were was a major downfall for the game, that was a fine statement but he had to tack on that it doesn't live up to the Dark Cloud series. I must say that I thoroughly disagree, the games are nearly identical in there basic form. Dark Cloud may have had randomly generated dungeons but they all looked the same for a shared area. Some had a pond for fishing via Dark Cloud 2, some didn't. However they were all the same area in a different layout which I was sad to see Adam didn't remember. It brought a slight sense of doubt to me seeing my most trusted review team slip up...

Anyway, if you want to know a place you should be well prepared for, it would be the mine in the city of night, the name of the planet escapes me at the moment. You'll have Deego in your team by that point and when you reach the very bottom of the mine you'll face Gale twice. First is an easy fight against him in a drill robot, however the second encounter is much harder. In the second fight you can only play as Deego and if you die it's game over, no rescue. This section of the game infuriated me until I learned the trick. This is almost the only area where I've used guard to do more than speed the recharge of my action gauge. You must watch his kicks and block them which will greatly reduce damage to non-fatal levels. When he fires his guns, do not worry, if you're arounf the mid 30's or early 40's in level then they won't cause any signifigant damage. Keep blocking and hitting and you'll win, get too greedy and try to take too many shots and you'll die. Have fun and I hope you enjoy this game as much as I did!

xzemnes567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xzemnes567

Thanks man i got to that  part and i did'nt die once all did was just keep on blocking then hitting

and i'm almost done i got the driegelum sword and going to fight mother8)