foxhound1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 foxhound1013
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts

We all know that when it comes to gameplay resident evil wins (with the realease of resident evil 4) but when

it comes to horrifying momments WHICH is better? for me Silent Hill because it just scares the **** out of me

(even though i'm a huge fan of resident evil) the good about the resident evil is that they improved in 4 they

really accomplished something that no other game has.

xriceballx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 xriceballx
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts

I've played the resident evil series so much, its just not scary to me. So my vote goes to Silent Hill being scarier.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
the gameplay is better in RE, but SH is way scarier. but i guess it also depends on what you find scary, if your one of those people who gets reallyscared from creepy sounds, and events leading up to an encounter with a creature (kinda like a slasher movie) then RE would be scarier, but if you're more scared of psychological horror (i am) then SH would be scarier for you
AndreXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AndreXY
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

SH

i remember the old days when i was 10 years old and played SH for the first time...:shock:

Macolele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Macolele
Member since 2006 • 534 Posts
I like SH because it has a deep story and scare. RE is a good action game.
Avatar image for samtheprankster
samtheprankster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 samtheprankster
Member since 2007 • 2418 Posts
I like SH because it has a deep story and scare. RE is a good action game.Macolele
QFT!
Avatar image for Balmung_Daisuki
Balmung_Daisuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Balmung_Daisuki
Member since 2007 • 2753 Posts
For me Silent Hill is better as a series of games but Resident Evil 4 is a masterpiece and is the best from all SH and RE games
kgansor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kgansor
Member since 2006 • 1871 Posts

i like RE way better than SH, but im not saying anything bad about SH.

Fatal Frame is also a good horror series IMO

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

Yes, like every one says..... the award for best gamplay goes to RE however if u stop and think......the primary features of SH are as fallows in order of importance

Storyline. Puzzle solving. And then gamplay just to tie everything else together.

RE is the exact opposite. I love them both very much, but what wins me over is a storyline that can really get into ur head and make u think. So ima have to say SE

mugensur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 mugensur
Member since 2006 • 601 Posts

Well, Resident evil was great in the old times, but now is taking more the path of action than scary/horror.

Silent hill has a more deep scary atmosphere, so I say Silent Hill(specially silent hill 3, silent hill 4 doesn't seem like a real silent hill game).

2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#11 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
I find it hard to soak in that deep rich atmosphere of Silent Hill due to how clumsy and sluggish those games are. I only like it when someone is playing the game.
meowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 meowww
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
its equal and every series having its own special things
avail447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#13 avail447
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

resident evil=more action

silent hill=more scare

Virtual_Erkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#14 Virtual_Erkan
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
RE4 is far more better than Silent Hill. Still it gives you the creeps (but SH is more) and the intense action really shows the real meaning of survival. Before yesterday, I was playing RE4 and still not bored from it.
Avatar image for pyshco_brothers
pyshco_brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pyshco_brothers
Member since 2006 • 64 Posts
RE4 is way better
Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
RE for me
204259106jk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 204259106jk
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts

They both have their good points. Resident evil has great gameplay action and Silent hill has a sick and twisted storyline, both also have foreboding atmospheres.

TheRocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheRocha
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
both silent hill 4 and resident evil4 had a bigger survival action feel to them, especially the latter. although they were both considered survival horror games they are very distinct games: silent hill's focus is entirely on its narrative and atmosphere while resident evil's focus is on action - resident evil's plot is one of a b-movie monster flick. this is why sh combat system isn't as good as resi's
Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Pegasus_Shade
Member since 2005 • 897 Posts
both silent hill 4 and resident evil4 had a bigger survival action feel to them, especially the latter. although they were both considered survival horror games they are very distinct games: silent hill's focus is entirely on its narrative and atmosphere while resident evil's focus is on action - resident evil's plot is one of a b-movie monster flick. this is why sh combat system isn't as good as resi'sTheRocha
Totally agree - though Res was wayyy too easy 4 me and the scariness of SH almost added to the difficulty And btw to the above poster (virtual Erken), Silent Hill one teaches you the MOST about survival(in that your guy is humanly/realisitically weak)
-blue_beret75-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -blue_beret75-
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts
resident evil series
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ThreeVo

Its Rather inconsistant for one to say RE4 is better in all respects. Yes it introduced a unique gameplay interface and was highly entertaining, but you cannot judge a games overall performance by that alone.

But i think this........ regardless of graphical capabilites, there is always room to improve gameplay, Much like RE did with 4 and the upcoming 5. However stop and think about SHs main attraction, aside from the Great soundtrackand puzzle solving, the incredible captivating enviorments, With videogames getting more and more visualy stunning over the years, its easy to imagine how intense SH will become. Just imagine when the time comes, And SH reaches the "Uncanny Valley" in visuals. With the imagination behind SHs development, that is a force to be recconed with.

johndoh4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 johndoh4
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
Silent Hill is most definitely scarier. Not just from a "boo, we scared you" standpoind, but also on a much deeper, creepier psycological level.
TheRocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheRocha
silent hill 2's pyramid head is IMO the most accomplished creature in a survival horror: everytime it appeared i felt helpless as james is very slow and weak compared to it...resident evil shure has great creatures but none of them hold a candle to pyramid head (that's a good thing too because it is ugly as sin)
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts
Silent Hill
TheRocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheRocha
i'm a big resident evil fan but i'm not biased and i know the series are far from being the highest achievement on gaming history(although i think it's damn good)...my point is this: resi 1 made me jump from my seat when the dog came through the window...but that was it....sh makes me stand on the edge of my sit for its intire run...that's saying something
ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ali_kerem
Member since 2003 • 558 Posts

a worker should do his job to be good. even he is doing different good thing, if he is not doing his real job, he is considered useless.

i dont say Resident Evil is not doing its job but still its not good as Silent Hill. Resident Evil is more like action. also both of these are not good as Fatal Frame too.

for horror games; Fatal Frame > Silent Hill > Resident Evil

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

The SH series is definitely better.

It is like comparing an A level movie, and a B level horror flick.

Silent Hill is the A level movie, as it is genunely scary and has an incredible storyline and loads of depth that you won't notice on the first run through.

Resident Evil comes around as a B level horror flick because yeah it's fun but you don't really come away any different afterwards due to how shallow it is.

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ThreeVo

The SH series is definitely better.

It is like comparing an A level movie, and a B level horror flick.

Silent Hill is the A level movie, as it is genunely scary and has an incredible storyline and loads of depth that you won't notice on the first run through.

Resident Evil comes around as a B level horror flick because yeah it's fun but you don't really come away any different afterwards due to how shallow it is.

LostProphetFLCL

Well ur point is respectable but unresolved. U mostly stated thepros of SH without comparing RE and leaving it at that. Im for SH myself but thats just personal preference. U failed to mention the fact that on all accounts, the RE series had a better control scheme and made it more playable as far as the action/gamplay is concerned. Some will agrue that silent has never attempted to breach its present and traditional style of gameplay, wareas RE went out on the limb with RE4 and made what was considered that years greatest game period. Its unfortunate that SH origins is looking like its borowing some of the over the shoulder features that RE integrated, we will ahve to wait and see. This forum topic is too broad in teh sense that your comparing two very different titles simply because back in the late 90s they both shared similar features, and both involve a scare factor. These two games cannot be compared as such, one can only simply explain why they like one series over the other. RE has strengths were SH has weaknesses, and vise versa, wether its story telling, scare factor, puzzle solving, fluid control, replay value, soundtrack (SH wins this one bar none imo)

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ThreeVo
this is a result most likley of people who havent played as much of one series than the other making these comments, not everyone but quite a few. The few of us here who have pillaged every RE game as well as every SH should set things straight in an unbias post. And thos of u who will say "i HAVE played all REs and SHs" should be more open minded asa gamer.
strat505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 strat505
Member since 2006 • 1252 Posts
i can't say i've played a Silent Hill game before, but I can say that the REmake of the originial was pretty scary on the gamecube.
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
I never played sh
RedDraco66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RedDraco66
Member since 2005 • 1682 Posts

this is a result most likley of people who havent played as much of one series than the other making these comments, not everyone but quite a few. The few of us here who have pillaged every RE game as well as every SH should set things straight in an unbias post. And thos of u who will say "i HAVE played all REs and SHs" should be more open minded asa gamer.ThreeVo

i personally have played them all for both series. I feel as if i was basically running around without purpose in RE series. despite the number of zombies you may kill in a hallway, once you enter a room and come back out into the hallway (yes thats right....THEY COME BACK!) So yes, RE may have better action which i agree with, the killing seems pointless, and so i ended up running away rather than killing the zombies which created a huge buildup of weapons and ammunition. This buildup made boss battles easier than need be. Some may disagree with my opinion or playing style, but i felt that conservation was the key in the RE series because killing was most always pointless. In the SH series, the story was much more refined as well as the horror/survival aspect. I would critique the SH series more if i could, but in my eyes, it is far superior to the RE series.

Keep in mind this is my opinion, and my critique for the RE series does not apply to all of the games.

princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts
Silent Hill is scarier but RE has better gameplay..I dunno.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Resident Evil by far, IMO
Lynn_Sang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lynn_Sang
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

For example:

I really loved to play RE4... But SH actually play with your mind O_o

nywled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 nywled
Member since 2005 • 359 Posts
if you put it that way, Silent Hill is scarier.. :D
manight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 manight
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts
i would say both. silent hill is more of a horror game with puzzles. Resident evil has puzzles but its more of a action game that is not that scary even is it is not.
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

this is a result most likley of people who havent played as much of one series than the other making these comments, not everyone but quite a few. The few of us here who have pillaged every RE game as well as every SH should set things straight in an unbias post. And thos of u who will say "i HAVE played all REs and SHs" should be more open minded asa gamer.ThreeVo

why do you say that ?

because people say their opinions directly ??

i compare them in my mind and write answer thats all

Silent Hill is better than Resident Evil in overall

renarahma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 renarahma
Member since 2007 • 1954 Posts

Resident Evil... even Silent Hill more scaries....