Guol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Guol
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts
so how does the english voice over compared to the original japanese version? because the english translation of most japanese animes are usually terrible and ruins the experience, so i was just wondering if i should watch the english dubbed or subbed.
ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ali_kerem
Member since 2003 • 558 Posts
i prefer japanese one, i didnt like english dubs much
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
Dubs ruin it, subs are better...
Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
I hated the english dub, the voices didnt fit the characters at all. The original Japanese is best.
xriceballx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 xriceballx
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
After that little scene with Tifa, I'd have to say Subbed is better.
Desann123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Desann123
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts
the dub is nowhere near the worst dub i have ever heard but.....well lets just say i wanted to shoot the voice actor of Aeris :)
Guol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Guol
ok now that im pretty sure im gonna watch the subbed version, so is the official subs anygood? or should i try a fan sub?
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#8 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Their both crap. Except English Could, English Tifa, English and Japanese Reno, English and Japanese Loz and Japanese Vincent are all good. And I guess Japanese Cloud is... OK.

Everyone else is crap, regardless of lagnuage.

MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts
I don't like dubs. I prefer subtitles. Makes the movie feel more authentic.
rac7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rac7
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts
japanese
Guol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guol
so howabout that fan sub VS official sub question?
ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 ali_kerem
Member since 2003 • 558 Posts

probably fan sub. because offical subs looks bad and they do it because they have to, so they dont care much. i saw many inaccurate subs in dvd movies ( i didnt watch FF7: AC with official subs ), but fan subs make less mistakes, they do it just because they want to do it and care about it.

also when a fan sub is good and know the general things --let say FF7 game in this example -- they write notes when there are unclear things, thoughi dont remember if that existed in FF7: AC. also official subs are mostly bad in special names, so i dont like them much.

metroidsax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 metroidsax
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts

Well first, of course if we all just understood Japanese, that would be the best choice.

Many times I felt that the subs were a rough translation and didn't flow well, but also I know with dubbing you don't get the full effect. I would say try both if that's possible. If you're reading sub titles you can't pay attention to the action and it takes a second to make things make sense, but in the english dubsthe words will not have the same effect as they would if you were watching it in Japanese, on the other hand, it flows well.

MikePOWERHOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MikePOWERHOUSE
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
i liked the japanese or what it was better they just sounded more dark and serie
galaxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 galaxus
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts
I prefer the english dub. It's easier to keep my eyes focus on all the eye candy and get the gist of the story through audio.
Avatar image for paranoiasurviva
paranoiasurviva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 paranoiasurviva
Member since 2004 • 13621 Posts
Um. Well, some of the dialog seemed awkward when listening to it in English, and the quality of the voice acting wasn't grade A, but it was acceptable. Dubs or subs, either way, you'll be fine.
gaa0c85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 gaa0c85
Member since 2004 • 466 Posts
japan version was the best
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Japanese version is the best.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#20 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Like I said, for the most part, both ways suck as does the movie. Bad plot, they destoyed most of the characters and the new bad guys are just bull crap. To be honest, I wish the movie never happened. Or all these sequels.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

japanese. english dub wasn't that bad.

bunz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bunz01
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

The first time I watched the movie, it wasa DVD rip from japanese, and a friend of mine put in the subtitles himself, so it was a lot more accurate (as he is Japanese). Just for the fun of it, i rented the english dub version, and it was ok, but the subbed version was a lot more authentic, and the characters sounded more realistic, not some pansy little mouse who didn't really come across as a bad @$$. The english dub made Cloud sound like a lost puppy, where the Japanese subbed version he sounded like he should, a warrior with a violent past who is trying to make things right.

So for me, the subbed version was definently the best, and because it was subbed by a fan, it had more of an authenticity to it, then having some language expert go and do it.

2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#24 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Just because it's in a language you don't understand that does not automaticaly make it superior. The Japanese language is quite awful when it comes down to how it sounds, it sounds, even worse is when they singing. Korean is a much more pleasant language to the ears, plus their singing does not sound offensive. BTW, this has nothing to do with racism, I just think the words coming out of their mouths does not sound good.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Like I said, for the most part, both ways suck as does the movie. Bad plot, they destoyed most of the characters and the new bad guys are just bull crap. To be honest, I wish the movie never happened. Or all these sequels.vashkey

You know what I thought it was really, really lame??

The fact that the whole movie revolved about a way to...

SPOILERS

-

-

-

-

bring Sephiroth back. The guy is cool and has fans, but just leave it at rest. I mean, the whole creation of a new bad guy just to turn him into Seph at the end with some BS move, pfff... C'mon!! I thought it was lame and it really turned me down, so I didn't enjoy the final battle.

Same goes for Aeris. She should be dead, no ghost no other crap to show her on screen... wanna see Aeris?? dig up her bones and that's it. But hell no!!! Let's kill Cloud so Aeris ghost could bring him back to life!! God!!! Lamest BS ever!!!!