ps2 owners when U crossing over to ps3, lower price? waiting for a game??

Avatar image for gerard-williams
gerard-williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gerard-williams
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts

The ps2 was/is so good that a lot of ps2 owners are yet to cross over and I dont blame u either, but im just wondering what it will take to get you to cross over and buy a ps3, are you waiting for more games or a certain one in particular..metal gear 4??? or are you waiting until the price drops.

Tragedy_Anne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tragedy_Anne
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

Being an RPG fan, there is nothing of remote interest on the ps3 for me right now.

Also, I don't like how they force you to take the bluray player (something I have negative zero interest in), driving the price unnessesarily way up. The 360 had it right with the optional add on.

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

PS3 price isnt it ONLY problem.

PS2 FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!

willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts

Well for me maybe i'm still waitting for another price drop, but history might repeat it self wheni was doing the same for a ps2 then metal gear2 came out i rush to the store to get my consol.. well im not sure what will happen but me price and games are my watting point

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts
Im waiting for another price drop and at least 3 games Im interested in. Until then, Im going to play my PS2 & PSP.
_overdose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 _overdose
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts
I'm waiting until the prices low and also,there's still many goodPS2 games that ididn't played.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
It's mostly about games for me. There's nothing on ps3 right now that I want to play but once there is, I'll probably buy it. If they lower the price enough though, I may pick one up regardless. I am still considering grabbing a 60gb before they disappear for backwards compatability purposes.
obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts

I was a ps2 owner last generation and was really looking forward to the ps3 but couldn't help but feel screwed by sony. The price, the forcefeeding of the blu-ray, the embarrasing lack of good games, and the non-stop arrogance from Sony themselves. Basically once the 360 hit the scene, a full year before the ps3, sony started their constant barrage of arrogant statements stating basically that if they put the sony name and ps3 on a metal lunchbox they would have sold five million just to the loyal sony fanboys.

I picked up a 360 instead because I didn't want to wait, didn't like the price or sony's attitude, and felt that by the time the ps3 did come out the 360 would be putting out more games which would have utilized the 360 technology much better.

I'm not a fanboy in the least, just a consumer. I hope that the ps3 gets better games so that there will be better competition between the three console makers, in turn making better games.

Avatar image for therealdolemike
therealdolemike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 therealdolemike
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts
Sad to say but i might not get a ps3 at all. part of the problem is price. and another problem is the issue that the price drop is for a limited time.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

I was a ps2 owner last generation and was really looking forward to the ps3 but couldn't help but feel screwed by sony. The price, the forcefeeding of the blu-ray, the embarrasing lack of good games, and the non-stop arrogance from Sony themselves. Basically once the 360 hit the scene, a full year before the ps3, sony started their constant barrage of arrogant statements stating basically that if they put the sony name and ps3 on a metal lunchbox they would have sold five million just to the loyal sony fanboys.

I picked up a 360 instead because I didn't want to wait, didn't like the price or sony's attitude, and felt that by the time the ps3 did come out the 360 would be putting out more games which would have utilized the 360 technology much better.

I'm not a fanboy in the least, just a consumer. I hope that the ps3 gets better games so that there will be better competition between the three console makers, in turn making better games.

obsolete2k1

I agree PS3 has to many problems and lack of games.

and games tha it has it is mostly conversion from other platforms.

Dont get me wrong i dont hate ps3 or anything like that i have PS1&PS2 and im gonna buy psp slim for cristmas

but sony screwed up with ps3.

tfres747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 tfres747
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm really not even waiting for the price drop, as soon as I get enough money I'm going to skip off to the videogame store and forkover the money to whoever I have to to get it. But really I'm not that anxious to go get one right away, there are still plenty of games for the ps2 I havent played yet.
LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#12 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts
im waiting for at least one more price drop and hopefully a wider selection of games.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
for me it's the lack of games. i don't care what the console is, if it doesn't have the games i want to play then why would i get it. ...and on top of that it cost too much...
SSJBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 SSJBen
Member since 2003 • 7071 Posts

Don't have the games I want currently on the PS3.

Besides, the reason why I would get a PS3 is because of DMC4 and MGS4 anyways. But since they don't even have an official launch date yet(I know Q1 2008, but anything can still happen).

Gods_Son23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Gods_Son23
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts
Im waiting for a price drop or 3. I got the ps2 at the 3rd price drop. 200 aussie bucks. I have a crap and small TV though so wouldnt get a PS3 without a good TV, would want to enjoy the graghics for the price PS3s are.
aaronikiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aaronikiss
Member since 2004 • 661 Posts
I'm waiting for the new Ratchet and Clank game. Plus, it's way too expensive. I could care less about the bluray playeralso. Such a waste.
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
untill i moch one off someone becuase it's at silly buggers price
Hybridos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Hybridos
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts

All.

PS3 really needs a price drop! really

Im just waiting for price drop, really games designed for PS3 like MGS4.

Waiting for Assasin Creed too.

The DualShock bundle in a acurate priced for the market PS3 and good titles in the Greatest Hits collection like MGS4, DMC4 and AssasinCreed its what Im waiting, I have no rush for the ultimate generation experience, Im still have to Play Okami, finish my Hitman Trilogy, see whats going on in Final Fantasy XII and visit the Bully school, so no rush here, just wait for price drops in hardware and software and get the must for my money.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

why is no one interested in blu-ray. blu-ray is scratch resistance. how many of you rent games and sometimes those games don't work ect. blu-ray movies maybe but the fact is who does not want more space. the blu-ray is not the facter of the high price tag it is the well bilt components inside too. that is why it is so far the less failure rate sony system to date. blu-ray is good if you want a game to never scratch ect. alot of people i now with kids have broking games because of scratch games. blue tooth also is another reason for the price it is new tech that never gets interfarense ect.

the ps 2 complains last gen

falty hardware

no hard drive there was one but only one game they needed it for.

bad disc tray sometimes they mess up

mutitap

bad on-line

ps 3 makes those complaits go away.

hopfully you guys get to try one because even your favorate ps 2 games look so much better in hd. dvd's are upscale as well for the ones that don't want blu-ray movies. the games are coming what is there not to like about a great new rachet and clank game ect. hope to see you guys next gen soon. 400 dollars for it soon anuff. no more memory cards ect.

im playing primal now on my ps 3 and it looks so good in 1080i and i also played lagacy of kain defiance and i was ask if it was a ps 3 game because it made it look so good. happy gaming guys hope to see in the ps 3 forums soon.

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts

Being an RPG fan, there is nothing of remote interest on the ps3 for me right now.

Also, I don't like how they force you to take the bluray player (something I have negative zero interest in), driving the price unnessesarily way up. The 360 had it right with the optional add on.

Tragedy_Anne

The BR capacity allows for large disc capacity for games and high quality video of games. Uncharted Drakes Fortune utilizes the BR drive like no other game has and it looks incredible in HD.

The 360 had it right with the optional add on.

Wrong! This doesn't allow game makers to utilize the HD quality in their games like BR built-in to every PS3 does. Did they also have it right to sell some units with HDD an some without? No because these days game makers rely on the consistancy of all systems to have the same hardware for game design. Also some 360's have HDMI for 1080p and some only have component for 1080i. So game developers don't know what to make a game for. Too many inconsistancies with the 360 for game developers. All PS3's are consistant in the hardware that affects game development. HDD, BR drive, and HDMI 1080p.

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts

I'm waiting for the new Ratchet and Clank game. Plus, it's way too expensive. I could care less about the bluray playeralso. Such a waste.aaronikiss

You're wrong about the BR player. When you do get a PS3 and a HDTV with HDMI you'll learn more as to why BR is a great assett to games. Watch the game developer's interview on the creation of Uncharted Drakes Fortune and you'll see the benefits of the BR drive. They harnessed it to improve the graphics to incredible never seen before textures.

keymaster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 keymaster7
Member since 2006 • 435 Posts
i'm waiting for the PS3 price to DROP! and waiting for Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII!!! i'm only gonna buy a PS3 when these two games are out!...plus they are only out next year...
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts
I'll wait for at least another 2 years. The only thing that would make me pick up a PS3 at 500 bucksis a new Panzer Dragoon game, or if Seed makes a grand comeback on the PS3.
njdevil2350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 njdevil2350
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts
Still waiting on news about FFXIII, but this game does look good enough for me to buy a ps3 by itself. Plus others such as MGS4 and ratchet and clank just make it all the better.
tombtraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tombtraider
Member since 2004 • 497 Posts
I am in no hurry here. I only see one game on the ps3 so far. If they can bring the price down to my budget, then maybe I will buy it. Right now, I am not getting it.
obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 obsolete2k1

[QUOTE="aaronikiss"]I'm waiting for the new Ratchet and Clank game. Plus, it's way too expensive. I could care less about the bluray playeralso. Such a waste.casey7672

You're wrong about the BR player. When you do get a PS3 and a HDTV with HDMI you'll learn more as to why BR is a great assett to games. Watch the game developer's interview on the creation of Uncharted Drakes Fortune and you'll see the benefits of the BR drive. They harnessed it to improve the graphics to incredible never seen before textures.

This isn't system wars but enjoy playing your improved graphics and incredible textures for 6 hours (see Heavenly Sword) or with shotty controls (see Lair). The fact is that BR doesn't improve the graphics, dvd can do the same (see Gears of War) its just that BR has larger capacity which doesn't really matter when the game is 6 hours long.

Outside of system wars, in real life, who cares about what console someone has... buy a console for the games not what company built it, we as consumers don't owe any company anything, especially not loyalty.

bowling-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bowling-name
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts

There are not many games that interest me on the PS3 at present, so even if the price were to drop significantly I wouldn't buy one.

If the XBOX 360's hardware becomes consistently reliable, I may eventually purchase one as there are numerous games available for the console that I would like to play.

In any case, I'm in no rush to "upgrade" to the current generation - I probably still play Super Nintendo games with greater frequency than any other system...

obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 obsolete2k1
[QUOTE="Tragedy_Anne"]

casey7672

The BR capacity allows for large disc capacity for games and high quality video of games. Uncharted Drakes Fortune utilizes the BR drive like no other game has and it looks incredible in HD.

The 360 had it right with the optional add on.

Wrong! This doesn't allow game makers to utilize the HD quality in their games like BR built-in to every PS3 does. Did they also have it right to sell some units with HDD an some without? No because these days game makers rely on the consistancy of all systems to have the same hardware for game design. Also some 360's have HDMI for 1080p and some only have component for 1080i. So game developers don't know what to make a game for. Too many inconsistancies with the 360 for game developers. All PS3's are consistant in the hardware that affects game development. HDD, BR drive, and HDMI 1080p.

Link to evidence which proves that hardware consistency has been a problem with the 360? Check multiplatform games, especially by EA and you will see that the 360 games have recieved higher scores than their PS3 counterparts. As for some 360s having component 1080i and hdmi 1080p, i'm not sure what this has to do with anything. The 360 natively displays in 720p, which regardless, is a better display rez for games than 1080i. Also, there are so few people who have tv's which can display 1080p, that game companies wouldn't really care.

As with the lack of HDD on the 360 core and the presence of the HDD on the premium and elite, this also doesn't matter because there are no games that utilize the HDD for the 360. There is talk about one, perhaps two, mmo's coming out in the far future which will utilize the HDD but mmo's aren't really made for casuals and it can safely be assumed that not many "hardcore" gamers would own the core without a HDD.

you're arguements=fail... goto system wars, don't spout fanboy bs in a forum where people are looking for real answers.

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

I'm waiting for a price drop and...pirated games! Pirated games comes out a week before the original release and it's only 1 USdollar if you convert it (for PS2 games). Hehehe! Xbox360 games here in my country are only $4-6.

I only have 50+ PS2 games, all original, and 200+ PS1 games, only 1 is original.

*mono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 *mono
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts
Well not only will I only consider paying 250 dollars max on a console but the stupid games cost 10 dollars more. Forget it. Not to mention there's not a single game out I'm even interested in. Maybe I'll get one in like 3 years. I doubt it'll be before that and not guarenteed to be after. At the moment I'd rather have a 360 at least they have Gears of War, Blue Dragon, and a few other games I'd like to play.
El_Esbirro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#31 El_Esbirro
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts

Lower price...no game in particular...true gamers just love to play any game you can get your hands to....i can even put myself to the pain of tryin out an RPG..i only liked MARIO RPG, CHRONO TRIGGER and that's about it. So to answer the second question, am not waiting for any game in particualr.

But the price is the most legit answer...if price drops like $220.00 down, baby am there!

evo_kingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 evo_kingo
Member since 2007 • 338 Posts
im waiting for the price to drop but there are a whole host of games i have lined up already. hopefully when i get back from my 5 months of travelling the price here in the uk might be slightly more affordable
Kennyofhearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Kennyofhearts
Member since 2007 • 2297 Posts
Im a rpg fan, so there aren't any PS3 exclusives that interest me.
ananda81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ananda81
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts

Money is not an issue for me; the games are.
Since I am mostly interested in RPGs and action-adventure games.
Actually, I am only interested in LO atm

ludadav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 ludadav
Member since 2005 • 1485 Posts
People would probably wait until there is a lower price of a PS3
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18827 Posts

i'm waiting for

1.Price drop

2. Rumble

3. Games

4. Custom Soundtracks.

Just like johnny Kage said, untill then i just stick with PS2/PSP.

khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts
im gonna make the plunge and get a ps3 rly soon seeing as how the future looks so bright for sony's new console. the main reason i held back so long was because i didnt have a proper televison to display all those juicy graphics going all the way up to full 1080p. That problem however has been dealt with :) However, im still gonna wait becuz the games that i want to play that are in the near future are MGS4, FF 13 and T6. Im rly anticipating GoW 3 as well but that may take awhile longer. Regardless, this machine has a rly bright future ahead of it and i think its only natural for PS2 owners to eventually own one with the sequels coming out for the games that we played on the PS2 and whatnot.
Kobra666_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kobra666_basic
Member since 2002 • 342 Posts
Waiting for FFXIII to come out, also, by then I hope the price drops down to be a little more competitive with 360's price...
ernest619619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ernest619619
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

im waiting a better price i live in mexico and here the ps3 price is 100 dollars

srry for my bad english

Avatar image for I_AM_AROD______
I_AM_AROD______

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 I_AM_AROD______
Member since 2007 • 718 Posts
Well, you see, I have a PS2, Gamecube, and a DS. I only have like 7 GC games (I have only played3 exclusives), DS (only got 5 and only 2 are exclusives), and a PS2 (not sure how many I have owned, but I currently have 11). I would love tocontinue to buy games for those systems untill I have at least half of the ones I want (that should take at least 2 years), although I will not complete that goal I will keep playing those systems. I will go after a PS3 when 3 things happen: when I get bored of at least my PS2 (that would take forever if I was a super hardcore gamer, lol, but I'm not), when the PS3 lowers the price a little more, and there are lots of PS3 games I want.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
The day Final Fantasy 13 releases is the day i buy a PS3.
PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts

I kinda want to get a PS3 but the price is just to high for me. I would like a few more games to come out for it as well but Ratchet and Clank and GTA IV are really good reasons alone for me to get a PS3. Another price drop and I will definitly have to think about buying a PS3.