13and0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 13and0
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts

It happened Thursday, when my PS2(slim) stopped reading or loading my games(execpt my cheat devices). Called SCEA and as I figured, they can't do nothing because the serial number smeared off( shouldnt've taken that plastic cover off) and I had it for more than a year. Tried undoing it, no avail. In rage, I killed it by pouring water in it. Should I get another one, or should I go to MS for their products?

RELover00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 RELover00
Member since 2006 • 2777 Posts
If you have enough cash, I definetely recommend that you get an Xbox 360 because the PS3 is not to be trusted right now. If you don't have as much cash then just go with the PS2 because it has alot of great games that you haven't played.
13and0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 13and0
I could get another one because I'm not about to fork out 400 dollars and end up one of the millions of people who got the ring of death. But I'm also concerned that it's the games I have and wasn't the console itself.
weijie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 weijie86
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts

I could get another one because I'm not about to fork out 400 dollars and end up one of the millions of people who got the ring of death. But I'm also concerned that it's the games I have and wasn't the console itself.13and0

Then why do you pour water on your ps2??try to use the game disc on your friend's ps2..I think gamers like us who feel insecure should stay away from the next gen for a moment and let SONY and MS sort things out between them before we decide to get one of them..Anyway,get another ps2 and buy those great games..you are not going to enjoy it anywhere else!just wait for E3,perhaps there will be some sort of surprise for us!!

13and0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 13and0

[QUOTE="13and0"]I could get another one because I'm not about to fork out 400 dollars and end up one of the millions of people who got the ring of death. But I'm also concerned that it's the games I have and wasn't the console itself.weijie86

Then why do you pour water on your ps2??try to use the game disc on your friend's ps2..I think gamers like us who feel insecure should stay away from the next gen for a moment and let SONY and MS sort things out between them before we decide to get one of them..Anyway,get another ps2 and buy those great games..you are not going to enjoy it anywhere else!just wait for E3,perhaps there will be some sort of surprise for us!!

None of my friends have PS2s or any console, but I'll just get another one and if the games don't work I'll just take them to GameStop and trade them for others.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
the xbox 360 does have a three year warranty, and microsoft even pays the shipping.
13and0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 13and0

the xbox 360 does have a three year warranty, and microsoft even pays the shipping.kevy619

Still,I'm commited to Sony products and 400 bucks is a little to much, especially when you take into account that the HD-DVD costs 200 bucks and isn't built in and the failure rate is high. I'll get another PS2. Find work and wait for a PS3 price drop.

PR0CEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PR0CEL
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts
My PS2(one of the first release ones) will play for like a hour then will shut down all of the sudden and the reset light will be a red flashing light does that mean its overheating and is the dust build up to blame for this?
Pumster76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Pumster76
Member since 2003 • 227 Posts
Wow, you poured water on it to get revenge? You could have at least sold it for its parts on eBay - That would have gotten you around $50 USD. Now, you might as well get rid of it; It's useless now. (What did you do to smear off the Product ID's, anyway?) As far as future strategy, the PS3 is starting to lose third party support, the first game being Beautiful Katamari. If exclusive games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid 4, Home, and Killzone don't bring sales up considerably, the machine is doomed. The 360's fate is set for the most part; It will do well. The Wii is a safe investment, but the games may not satisfy an older player as much as a 360 would. (Hey, it's a realistic observation.) The price of a new console is expensive, though, ranging from $300-700. So, you may want to buy a new PS2. The best the original X-Box has to offer seems to be available on the PC these days. The GameCube's offerings have some notable exclusives, but not enough to warrant the current price. My suggestion in all of this: Replace your Slimline PSTwo. For your "watered down" PS2, just get rid of it; You can't do anything with or for it now.
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

[QUOTE="kevy619"]the xbox 360 does have a three year warranty, and microsoft even pays the shipping.13and0

Still,I'm commited to Sony products and 400 bucks is a little to much, especially when you take into account that the HD-DVD costs 200 bucks and isn't built in and the failure rate is high. I'll get another PS2. Find work and wait for a PS3 price drop.

Trust me me, you don't want a 360. I bought one a year ago and wish I hadn't. Anyways, you should go ahead and get a PS3. Anyone who says Sony is not to be trusted is crazy. Sony has dominated the gaming industry the last two go arounds and more than likely will again. PS3 is actually doing better than PS and PS2 than when they came out. People just don't seem to remember that. That is a real realistic observation. I haven't heard of anyone with PS3 hardware problems. Mine stays on all the time, and it works great. You will be able to play all your PS/PS2 games on it so you might as well just move on to bigger and better things. There have been stores across the country(US) and Canada selling PS3s for $499 which is $100 price drop. Just wait for E3 and see what happens.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts

Well, did you turn it on after you poured water on it? If you did then your PS2 is useless, if not let it air dry for a week or two, and once it's dry it will work again and you can sell it for parts or trade it in for another one. If you want a next gen system you are going to have to shell out the money. They are all expensive and will remain so for a couple years. That's just the way it is because the companies are trying to minimize their losses. They make money off game sales, not console sales.

Anyway, if you want a next gen system that is more of the same get an Xbox 360. It's got strong enough support and a strong enough line up now that it's a safe bet. The system is going to do well. If you want a next gen system that is different, and you aren't someone who is obsessed with having the latest and greatest graphics, then get a Wii. It's the cheapest of the three systems and has been gaining a lot of suppor recently. I wouldn't recommend a PS3 because SONY still has alot to prove with that machine, and they are loosing support.

If you don't want to go next gen, then just get another PS2 off ebay or amazon.com. They are pretty cheap now, between $80-170, depening on what model you want and in what condition.

TexTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 TexTM
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Wow. That suckkss dude. Well I would try to fix it before buying a new one. Give it a few days or something...Because what if you go out and buy a new one and then right when you get home your old one just decides to work again?
-blue_beret75-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -blue_beret75-
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts
Get a 360,or wait for the price drops to get a PS3
EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points