yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts

I recently got an HDTV, and was excited to play my PS2 on it. But when I set it up, the graphics looked worse than on my old TV. So I am considering getting component cables to display in progressive scan. Does this improve the picture quality enough to make PS2 games look better than on an SDTV? (and also perhaps remove the fuzzy almost double edges that I notice in Gran Turismo 4 and FFX)

illshogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 illshogun
Member since 2003 • 3492 Posts

i would also like to know

thanks in advance

Bearrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Bearrie
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
So, I tried playing GTA: San Andreas on an HDTV with the regular composite cables. When I tried to look at the legend to see where everything was, it was crazy fuzzy and hard to read. I went and got a MadCatz Universal Component cable for the PS2 (It also has one for the Wii, and the X360), and played it, and...everything looked way sharper. It was a much better picture, so I must say, yeah, it does improve it enough to where even I thought it was a good spend. I only dropped $16 on the cable, so go get it. You won't be disappointed.
illshogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 illshogun
Member since 2003 • 3492 Posts

thanks for the info bearrie

gonna be getting some import games soon with ps2 to play on a 50 hdYa

Bearrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Bearrie
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
Cool, that's what I have. 50" Flatscreen HDTV. It's not too shabby, but I think it's top resolution is 1080i. I'm waiting for when I get out of boot camp, I'm going all out nuts, I want a monster T.V. and a PS3 right in front of it. haha.
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
Thanks. I'll go pick some up soon.
Avatar image for paranoiasurviva
paranoiasurviva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 paranoiasurviva
Member since 2004 • 13621 Posts
Component cables make all the difference. In the end though, it is likely that the image quality will still be below what you usually on a regular SDTV, but it gets pretty close. GT4 still sucks in HD though....