Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 Mcgnnis1
Member since 2006 • 811 Posts
i would say that you should and must get both of them. because both of these games are true definition of artistic gaming. If you can't own both of them then you might get SOTC because...its just such an awesome game both visually and artistically.
cyberjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cyberjunky
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts

Get both, seriously.

They're BOTH on my Top Five List.

coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts

both games are must haves for the ps2, but if you could only have one I would pick Okami

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
Okami! It's the best game for PS2! SotC is also good but hard and boring.
Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mcgnnis1

Okami! It's the best game for PS2! SotC is also good but hard and boring.skp_16

Since when Sotc is boring and hard? maybe its because each colossi has a unique way of defeating it. But its definitely not boring.

SlayerKing121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SlayerKing121
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
Definately Okami if you can find it...I had to call about a dozen stores until I finaly found one that had it.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
if you insist on one only getSOTC. but i think yo should get both of them
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 skp_16

[QUOTE="skp_16"]Okami! It's the best game for PS2! SotC is also good but hard and boring.Mcgnnis1

Since when Sotc is boring and hard? maybe its because each colossi has a unique way of defeating it. But its definitely not boring.

For me it's boring, all you have to do is find a colossusthen kill it. But the graphics is one of the best. I prefer SotC's graphics than next gen's graphics.

TheRocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheRocha
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
their different games, okami is an rpg while SotC is an...action adventure? well i can't really define the latter. Okami has a lenghtier quest and it's not as soturne and melancholic as SotC...if i could only choose one it would be okami
RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

I won't even vote since there's no selection for "Both".

Both games are great achievements in video game design and development. They are both two of the best games to appear on the PS2. They each offer completely new and unique experiences to the gamer.

Seriously--why only pick one?

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mcgnnis1

Both games are great achievements in video game design and development. They are both two of the best games to appear on the PS2. They each offer completely new and unique experiences to the gamer.

RockmanSRD

Exactly.

Brotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Brotto
Member since 2004 • 139 Posts
SOTC is one of the best games i have ever played.
steevonson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 steevonson
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

telling this guy "both" isn't helpful! he's already narrowed it down to two great games, i'm sure he's aware of their quality. imagine that he's on a budget.

Shadow of the Colossus is a great puzzle solver. it is unique in the shear scope of the visuals. the colossi not just look large but feel large. the game itself is quite short however, you could finish it in a day. there is a bit of replay but the higher difficulty just adds more work and not different ways to down the colossus. the controls are also really sluggish and non-responsive. for a game where precision jumping and grabbing are needed it can take several repeated tries just to get up a leg.

Okami is just gorgeous, there isn't any game close to it's visual style. it's like running through a painting. it's much longer than colossus but it is very easy to beat as most of the challenges aren't that difficult. it also has little replay value eventhough there is a new game+, maybe it's because the length or the grand resolution that leaves you fulfilled.

i own both but i would go with okami for a single purchase. it's just so unique in it's presentation and is an incredibly fun game to play with many sidequests too. here's also hoping to a sequel despite the dissolution of clover studios and the stubourness of capcom and their sequels.

hope this helps,

matt

SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
LOL, I preffer SotC, but then again, that's just my opinion. The games are both graphically and gameplaywise amazing. SotC is more of the next generation realistic like graphics while Okami is more artistic and beautiful as both games are. Don't say SotC is hard and boring, you only call it boring is because you must really suck at it. If you can't beat it then just check this website for how to kill the monsters because I know I did it once for the bull that I didn't know how to kill. That game will never be boring, challenging it may be, it won't dissapoint.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skp_16

their different games, okami is an rpg while SotC is an...action adventure? well i can't really define the latter. Okami has a lenghtier quest and it's not as soturne and melancholic as SotC...if i could only choose one it would be okamiTheRocha

Okami isn't RPG, it's action-adventure. Maybe the reason why some think that Okami is an RPG is because you can talk to anyone and you run into demon scrolls to fight enemies.

fr3sko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fr3sko
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
personally i prefer okami, but they are both great games
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
these are two of the best games on the ps2. I would have to choose okami over sotc though.
am1damaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 am1damaru
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts
For me it would be Okami. It has good story, characters, graphics, gameplay and others. Of course SoTC has many of this pros but I prefer Okami. It was just more fun for me than SoTC.
Ichigo_Ban_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Ichigo_Ban_Kai
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts
[QUOTE="RockmanSRD"]

Mcgnnis1

Exactly.

ya of cource i would want both but i only have 20 bucks

dark_aggregate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dark_aggregate
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

the controls are also really sluggish and non-responsive. for a game where precision jumping and grabbing are needed it can take several repeated tries just to get up a leg.

steevonson

you're right about that. but i kinda liked the fact that SotC's controls are sluggish. it actually makes the game harder. if the controls were very precise, i think the game would be too easy. but that's just my opinion. anyway, i'd go for okami. the celestial brush is just so amazing.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mcgnnis1
[QUOTE="Mcgnnis1"][QUOTE="RockmanSRD"]

Ichigo_Ban_Kai

Exactly.

ya of cource i would want both but i only have 20 bucks

Ohh. In that case you should get Okami since its a bit longer than Sotc and it has more interactivity than Sotc.

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
I vote for Okami. I wasn't too taken in by the story of Okami and thought Issun was one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen, but I had a lot more fun playing Okami than SotC. As cool as the other aspects ofSotC were, the controls were so herkyjerky that I didn't have much fun playing that game at all. As has been mentioned, Okami will give you more game for your buck -- it's a lot easier than SotC but is a much longer game and has tons of stuff to find. SotC has its merits though and despite my feelings towards it I'd still say it's worth playing.
Hybridos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Hybridos
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts

BOTH BOTH, I have both, I voted for Okami since is longer and there is more things to do, but there is no way to be wrong if you get SotC, its simply one of the best games ever, is that good.

Save other 20 bucks and get the other no matter wich you choose, you better get both, is like asking if Devil may Cry 3 or God of war, well obvious, both.

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
Okami
Whitey019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Whitey019
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts

Okami is a much better game but it isnt very challenging.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

let us know which one you get

OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points