mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
Not a chance, Clover was closed down by Capcom and staff within the studio left and created their own studio. The rights still belong to Capcom so chances are we will never have an Okami sequel.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

Not a chance, Clover was closed down by Capcom and staff within the studio left and created their own studio. The rights still belong to Capcom so chances are we will never have an Okami sequel.mohmaaytah

Clover didn't closed down, they just lost some creators but they have new ones. They are now known as Seed. I think Okami 2 is possible but maybe not in PS2 anymore. I hope still in PS2.

dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#4 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts

I still havent finished it but loving it and if the story plays out right, then sure why not! I would love to see another Okami
!

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mohmaaytah

Clover didn't closed down, they just lost some creators but they have new ones. They are now known as Seed. I think Okami 2 is possible but maybe not in PS2 anymore. I hope still in PS2.

skp_16

Nope, they are closed down, the one person who has stayed as you said is available as a contractor and not an employee of Capcom.Clover isnotthe sameas Seed, some of the Clover staff did not join while new talent was added to the team. Seed is not owned by Capcom but Capcom owns the rights to Okami. As I said, no chance of Okami 2, I am as disappointed as anyone else about it.

http://us.gamespot.com/news/6159721.html

2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#6 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
It's okay that Okami should neve get a sequel. It's for the better.
shiram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 shiram
Member since 2005 • 672 Posts

sequels arent necessarly good, and dont always improve on the first instalment
anyways, i really doubt we'll see a new okami, or god hand

maybe a new viewtiful joe??

duty_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 duty_boy
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
it shoul come out on the ps3
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mohmaaytah

sequels arent necessarly good, and dont always improve on the first instalment
anyways, i really doubt we'll see a new okami, or god hand

maybe a new viewtiful joe??

shiram

It is conceivable that Capcom could release a sequel to any of these games bearing in mind they change elements they do not own the rights to. My guess is they DO own the whole thing and could theoretically put together a new team to work on any of these games, but will you stay true to your roots that way? Not so sure about that.

nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
Clover Studios closed
meowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meowww
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
what?
shiram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shiram
Member since 2005 • 672 Posts
yea capcom shut it down, and hired most of the staff into their own teams i think
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
It's okay that Okami should neve get a sequel. It's for the better. 2deluxe

I dont see how a sequal in the same manner as SOTC can be considered a prequal to ICO can hurt.
Tough i do agree that a straight continuation would not fit in well.

Just keep the same basics and design and make a new cast (Perhaps that talking flea can stay.)
It would be nice if you could re-visit old places and meet of the granschildren of some of the previous cast, perhaps even have them tell stories where the events of okami1 are considered legend
aots_twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 aots_twilight
Member since 2004 • 1402 Posts

Capcom's most controversial move... Why did they decide to close Clover Studios...? Almost every game they made received acclaim from gamers and critics...

(Okami 2? nah... A sequel wont probably see the light of day anytime soon... hell... I dont even think they plan to... Might be better thinking that way)

[QUOTE="2deluxe"]It's okay that Okami should neve get a sequel. It's for the better. hot114

I dont see how a sequal in the same manner as SOTC can be considered a prequal to ICO can hurt.
Tough i do agree that a straight continuation would not fit in well.

Just keep the same basics and design and make a new cast (Perhaps that talking flea can stay.)
It would be nice if you could re-visit old places and meet of the granschildren of some of the previous cast, perhaps even have them tell stories where the events of okami1 are considered legend

Probably not... Amaterasu moves on to the heavens to reclaim it with you-know-who...

2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#15 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Critical and acclaim and positive worth of mouth don't mean **** if the money and sales isn't there. It's all about the $$$.
aots_twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 aots_twilight
Member since 2004 • 1402 Posts

Critical and acclaim and positive worth of mouth don't mean **** if the money and sales isn't there. It's all about the $$$.2deluxe

Market-wise... thats true... but heck... that means we get stuck with "the same-old" blend for now... damn it

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
i dont think it needs a sequel, Okami is in the first place (with god of war 1-2 and Dq8) of ps2 best games IMO
commander-cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 commander-cool
Member since 2007 • 359 Posts
Okami had horrible sales from what i've heard so they probably won't make another one.
gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gotcha455
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts
a studio with as much cleverness and creativity like clover would be better off starting a new project, leave okami alone.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I'm not sure if Okami should have a sequel. You know how developers can screw up sequels badly-there's so many examples that I can't bother to list them all. (On the other hand, I've only just rented Okami today ever since I decided to get PS2 games without owning the PS2 itself, and I haven't played it prior to see what needs improvement. You've got to love having friends with PS2s and PS3s to expand your gaming library.) A remake for another console, though-I wouldn't mind that at all. (Wielding that Celestial Brush with the Wiimote, anyone?) Especially since I won't have to get my own PS2 or PS3 just to play it.
Foxes76133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Foxes76133
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

actually what happened is that Clover Studiosdid close down because they had insuffecient funds to stay open... but Seeds Studios then replaced it. I haerd rumors that there were plans for a film... but I'm not sure. All i know is that IGN wanted to make it a film with Hayoa Miyazaki as the director of this film.