Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts

I can only buy a game that's $20 since that's all I have. I'm about to get a PS2 from my friend, and I'm trying to decide which game to get for a starter. I'm trying to decide between God of War, Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater since they're $15 for the two of them, then I'd probably buy another game for $5.

So I need to know which of those games comes the most recommended, since I'm totally confused on what to get. I'm pretty sure that God of War is going to win though... 

perfection1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 perfection1000
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts

I can only buy a game that's $20 since that's all I have. I'm about to get a PS2 from my friend, and I'm trying to decide which game to get for a starter. I'm trying to decide between God of War, Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater since they're $15 for the two of them, then I'd probably buy another game for $5.

So I need to know which of those games comes the most recommended, since I'm totally confused on what to get. I'm pretty sure that God of War is going to win though... 

Ryo_Kensen
God of war is an excellent game. So are Resident Evil 4 and Devil may Cry 3, I have all three so I would recommend getting any of them or all of them. They are some of the best games on the PS2. I haven't played any of the MGS games but i am pretty sure they are great too.
mi6ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mi6ops
Member since 2005 • 592 Posts

Even though im not the biggest GOW fan its an undeniablly great game ,great graphics,good story and best of all CHEAP  dont woory you cant go wrong with it. kinda short though

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ryo_Kensen

Even though im not the biggest GOW fan its an undeniablly great game ,great graphics,good story and best of all CHEAP dont woory you cant go wrong with it. kinda short though

mi6ops

This helps me a bit, I may as well go with God of War then. I'll wait to see what everyone else says though. 

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Dude!If you have not played Resident Evil 4 yet then by all means get that!It is the single best game of its gen.God of War is a great game too but it does not hold anything to RE 4.

Drkr_Zen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Drkr_Zen
Member since 2004 • 7330 Posts

Either way you go, you would be making an awesome choice.

My top picks would be RE4 or the MGS pair.

You'll get a lot of play and replay value out of RE4 with its extra modes (some of which aren't on the Cube's version) and it's an all around amazing game.

MGS has one of the best stories around and gameplay to match. And, the series is simply legendary.

DMC3 is probably the best DMC title and easily one of the best action games on the PS2, while GoW is just as much a great title.. though I like DMC's over-the-top action a bit more.

So, I'd say get RE4 as my vote. Especially if you're only getting one PS2 game and the next one isn't coming along for a bit.

cash_flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 cash_flow
Member since 2006 • 366 Posts
RE4
canana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 canana
Member since 2006 • 14796 Posts
Save more money and buy GOW and RE4!!!
pog_ma_thoin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 pog_ma_thoin
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
RE4 would be a great game to start on. But so would GoW. I personally would go with RE4 because i think its a little longer.
cj2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cj2121
Member since 2004 • 341 Posts
I would get God Of War. It is a very good game.
Auron_X2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Auron_X2099
Member since 2003 • 3370 Posts

God of War.

Avatar image for ThisisMurderous
ThisisMurderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#12 ThisisMurderous
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

All those games are good, no matter what you'll have made a good choice.

Don't get Snake Eater though, wait til you can afford Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#13 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
Congrats.  Thats a pretty good list of crap thats way overhyped and not worth wasting your money on.   Rent them, beat them, and return them and then never think about them again. 
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ryo_Kensen

I've played Resident Evil 4 for the GameCube, I haven't been able to play through the whole game but I have played through a few different chapters at a friend's house. I may just earn some money and buy RE4 and God of War.

Thanks everyone for the help. :)Â