fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 fword1
Member since 2007 • 1235 Posts

The game Guitar Hero 3 on the ps2, is it worth getting or has anyone out there played the demo for it and liked? Will they still have the same characters like the Grim Ripper or any new guitars?

funnybunny12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 funnybunny12
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts
I don't think it'll be better or anything. What could be so different? Of course Xbox version will have downloadable junk later on. Don't know about the Wii. Most likely not for PS2... I would say just wait and see...
fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fword1
I'll have to wait until sunday. And it doesn't blend in.
Dowthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Dowthunder
Member since 2007 • 341 Posts

If you Don't have any next gen consoles then yes it is worth getting.

Grim is still in, Pandora and eddie are out.

There will new guitars, like the fender stratocaster.

EDDIESarmy1733

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 EDDIESarmy1733
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It depends on how much you liked the first one and if you like the music they're puting on this one. I personally think its worth getting because of the new and better songs (Master Tracks)
fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fword1
They have some Slayer songs. Thats why I'm going to get it.
fepepinar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fepepinar
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts
I don't see a reason not to buy it if you like the other games. Sure it'd be better for PS3 or 360, but PS2 is better than nothing! D: If not, just wait for some reviews to tell if it's worth it or not, or how different it is. :p
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#8 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
If you (like me) import music games from Japan and South Korea on a regular basis, any domestic rip off of Konami's Guitar Freaks/ drummania games are not worth it. GF V3/DM V3 FTW!
fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fword1
I don't import music though.
lamplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lamplan
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts
It will be marginally better than the last ones...
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

It will be marginally better than the last ones... lamplan

I saw there was a new style guitar witha ddition buttons for rock band and i think GH3 for the PS2. So do i have to buy the guitar also i already have GH and GHII.

fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fword1

[QUOTE="lamplan"]It will be marginally better than the last ones... Minishdriveby

I saw there was a new style guitar witha ddition buttons for rock band and i think GH3 for the PS2. So do i have to buy the guitar also i already have GH and GHII.

Yeah they do have a new style guitar. Ps2 has the different one from the other consols.Do you have Rock the 80's?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="lamplan"]It will be marginally better than the last ones... fword1

Yeah they do have a new style guitar. Ps2 has the different one from the other consols.Do you have Rock the 80's?

No i just have I and II, i was thinking of getting 3 but i dnt want to have to buy another guitar to play it. If i did i would probably just go out and get rock band cause i like the drums more.

fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fword1
[QUOTE="fword1"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="lamplan"]It will be marginally better than the last ones... Minishdriveby

No i just have I and II, i was thinking of getting 3 but i dnt want to have to buy another guitar to play it. If i did i would probably just go out and get rock band cause i like the drums more.

You don't need another guitar. Just use your old ones. Rock Band will be cool though, I want it to play the drums too.

NintendoRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NintendoRus
Member since 2006 • 263 Posts

Dowthunder
WHAT?!?!?!!? PANDORA AND EDDIE ARE OUT!?!?!?!? Cmon....those were my two favorite chars!!!
rasheednour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rasheednour
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
GH3 is indeed worth getting . belive me .
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
If you liked the first two, then you'll like this one. So buy it :D
Avatar image for I_AM_AROD______
I_AM_AROD______

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 I_AM_AROD______
Member since 2007 • 718 Posts
[QUOTE="Dowthunder"]

NintendoRus
WHAT?!?!?!!? PANDORA AND EDDIE ARE OUT!?!?!?!? Cmon....those were my two favorite chars!!!

Yeah, they blended Pandora with Judy Nails and they made Xavier Stone more of a 70's rocker (he kind of looks like Jimi Hendrix now) and took out Clive. There is no official statement saying there will be no Eddie though. Also there is rumors that Grim and the God of Rock (a new character) are PS3/360 exclusives and some Robot (new character) and a fat Elvis impersonater (new character) are PS2/Wii exclusives, which sounds pretty retarded to me. There is also a new character for all systems who is some Japanese chick, and all the rest of the characters are in with (slightly) new designs.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Minishdriveby
My friend and I were looking at th tracks for this game a couple days ago, and HOLY CRAP its so good. Im getting this for the songs, and then latter ill be getting rock band for the drums. Well Rockband has alot of good songs right now, but GH3 has more listed as of now, and right now there are alot more better ones.
monkey304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 monkey304
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
I'd say it's worth at least a rental if you're not getting a 360 or PS3 anytime soon. If you are, just wait until you buy that.
NavyBoy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NavyBoy85
Member since 2004 • 610 Posts
OK, let's get things straight. I've played the game, not the demo, the ACTUAL GAME (I work in a videogame store and got to try the version we're renting last week-end), and here are the facts about the PS2 version: ** POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!! DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO BE TOTALLY SURPRISED!!! ** - Lars is back and better than ever. - There IS a new asian character (can't remember her name, Miyoki or something). - The guitars are all wireless and they work great, but be sure to read the instructions before you try to connect it. - The battle system is great and the legends (Tom Marcello (?) from Rage Against The Machine and Slash) are really cool. - There are a total of 42 songs in the setlist. - There are at least 30 unlockable songs (haven't counted them). - There are 2 Legend Battles. - There is a whole buttload of unlockable guitars - You can buy alternate outfits for every character. - There are more videos to buy this time around (4, I think) - The guitars DO NOT have a second set of fret buttons... Those are the guitars for Rock Band. - The other GH controllers work very well with GH 3 (as you probably knew already). - The songs in the demo are not in the order they are in the game (for example, Rock You Like A Hurricane is played in the fifth location). - There are short (but oh! so cool) animations when you're done with EVERY show... VERY cool! That's all I can think of now. I'll edit stuff if I remember. Got a question? Ask and you shall receive... (I'll try) Peace out!
fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fword1
That's awesome!!! I'm getting it then. No doubts about it, this sunday too.
NavyBoy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NavyBoy85
Update - There are no exclusive characters for the PS2 such as a Fat Elvis and a Robot. I highly doubt there will be any difference in the character lineup between consoles. Like REALLY highly doubt it... a LOT!
Avatar image for deal-or-no-deal
deal-or-no-deal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deal-or-no-deal
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts
Yes it is.
spooksspouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 spooksspouse
Member since 2007 • 6556 Posts
i amplanning on getting it and RB
fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fword1

NO FAT ELVIS!!!!!

OR ROBOT!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fword1
I guess that I'm going to get it.
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
hmm i've been hearing bad response times in the ps3 forum.. does that affect the ps2 version??
dEtHsLaYeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 dEtHsLaYeR
Member since 2007 • 681 Posts

i bought it last night the second they got the shipment (i was second in line !! :D)

everyone was there, even my friends, and i got it and played it until 2.

hell yes. it is worth buying. the expert mode is harder than any other expert modes, and they have nice guitars, great songs, great characters and outfits if you are into that, man there is so much good stuff it is like 1000 times better than any other guitar heros. better than both combined. i give it a 5/5

btw, no it isnt online for ps2.

KFC777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KFC777
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
I think it will be good.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts
What's the deal with the co-op game? I read a review that says there's no QuickPlay co-op. That's pretty much all my friends and I like to play... once you've got all the songs unlocked who gives a rat poot about the single player?
Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

OK, let's get things straight. I've played the game, not the demo, the ACTUAL GAME (I work in a videogame store and got to try the version we're renting last week-end), and here are the facts about the PS2 version: ** POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!! DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO BE TOTALLY SURPRISED!!! ** - Lars is back and better than ever. - There IS a new asian character (can't remember her name, Miyoki or something). - The guitars are all wireless and they work great, but be sure to read the instructions before you try to connect it. - The battle system is great and the legends (Tom Marcello (?) from Rage Against The Machine and Slash) are really cool. - There are a total of 42 songs in the setlist. - There are at least 30 unlockable songs (haven't counted them). - There are 2 Legend Battles. - There is a whole buttload of unlockable guitars - You can buy alternate outfits for every character. - There are more videos to buy this time around (4, I think) - The guitars DO NOT have a second set of fret buttons... Those are the guitars for Rock Band. - The other GH controllers work very well with GH 3 (as you probably knew already). - The songs in the demo are not in the order they are in the game (for example, Rock You Like A Hurricane is played in the fifth location). - There are short (but oh! so cool) animations when you're done with EVERY show... VERY cool! That's all I can think of now. I'll edit stuff if I remember. Got a question? Ask and you shall receive... (I'll try) Peace out!NavyBoy85

does it have prayer of a refugee by rise against cause i heard some rumors.

fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fword1
There is also career co-op too. I got it last night. There is no Stair Way To Heaven.
NavyBoy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NavyBoy85
Update #2 Yes there is "Prayer for the Refugees" by Rise Against, but it's an unlockable song. The Co-Op mode has never been playable out of the box (or at least, that's what I remember). You had to pass all songs on any level to get it. So there. Also, I believe I said that there were only 2 battles... I was mistaken. There are 3. The last one, however, has completely destroyed any hope I had of finishing the game on Hard mode... But everything was going so well!... Not saying who you're up against, but let's just say that Slash is soooo overrated! Peace Out!
Starbound571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Starbound571
Member since 2007 • 374 Posts

hmm i've been hearing bad response times in the ps3 forum.. does that affect the ps2 version??expanded

If by bad response times you mean the controller not strumming or hitting a fret immediately when you do, then no I haven't personally experienced that with the PS2 Kramer controller. Then again I typically play about4 feet away from my PS2. Don't know what the receiver's max distance is.

Though the new looking note board takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you're used to playing GH2 often. Usually I get perfect on medium or darn near it, but I was missing quite often on solos. (I've only recently learned to play on hard.) So it really may just be the jump that people are having trouble with that they consider poor response time.

There's also an option to calibrate the whammy bar for whatever reason, I'm not entirely sure why. I've noticed I have to be a bit more vigorous with it for star power on the new controller, so maybe that's what it's for.

If however you mean load times like say you go back through a menu, then yes, it is a bit slow, but not unbearably slow. Autosaving seems to also take a bit of time, but that could be because my memory card is pretty old.

By the way, to all those concerned like I was: YES, your GH and GH2 SG controllers for the PS2 WILL work with GH3 flawlessly. I'm not yet sure if the wireless Kramer will work the same way with the older GH games since I haven't tried it yet.

It's a nice game, worth it if you just want to play it alone or with a few buds - but it lacks any kind of online play as far as I can see, so we get the short end of the stick here.

Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

Update #2 Yes there is "Prayer for the Refugees" by Rise Against, but it's an unlockable song. The Co-Op mode has never been playable out of the box (or at least, that's what I remember). You had to pass all songs on any level to get it. So there. Also, I believe I said that there were only 2 battles... I was mistaken. There are 3. The last one, however, has completely destroyed any hope I had of finishing the game on Hard mode... But everything was going so well!... Not saying who you're up against, but let's just say that Slash is soooo overrated! Peace Out!NavyBoy85

thx

matteocurmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 matteocurmi
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts

Well I think yes,it is worth.

1)Its got quite a long track

2)its got great songs

But I would suggest buying rock band.

fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fword1
I got the game and it's fun.
dEtHsLaYeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 dEtHsLaYeR
Member since 2007 • 681 Posts

What's the deal with the co-op game? I read a review that says there's no QuickPlay co-op. That's pretty much all my friends and I like to play... once you've got all the songs unlocked who gives a rat poot about the single player?ston3henge

In GH3 there is co-op.....have no fear.....its co-op career...sweet that rhymed

anyway, you play through some songs with a friend, just like before, but there are songs available in co-op career that arent in single player career.

plus, they have this new battle mode....so much fun....i play it all the time

i actually beat the game on expert today.....i wont spoil it, but its **** awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 1407
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
is a definitely must have.. that all i have to say, expert mode is really crazy and fun, better than the others..
fword1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fword1

There are more songs in co-op???

NavyBoy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NavyBoy85
Here is a minor correction. I believe I haven't made myself clear enough in a previous post. I've been PMed a gazillion times about the "There are no Fat Elvis or Robot exclusive characters in GH3" comment. READ CAREFULLY!!! I DID NOT say that those characters were not IN the game... they are, but you have to buy them. But I doubt they will be exclusive characters. That is what I first wrote and I am standing by what I said. Again, just an opinion. Peace Out
darkfighter000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darkfighter000
Member since 2007 • 567 Posts

All Gutar Hero games are the games to get period.

Why should GH3 be any different?

lamplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lamplan
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts
Well, I bought it this weekend. It's fun, a little better than the last ones.