MonkeyStew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MonkeyStew
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

sometimes i wonder if buying ff12 was worth it. or more like playing thru ff 12 was.   the  story isnt satisfying and the gameplay is mediocre, but hey its just an opinion. did u enjoy ff12?  how do u like the new battle system and how's the story?

AeRo619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AeRo619
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

sometimes i wonder if buying ff12 was worth it. or more like playing thru ff 12 was.   the  story isnt satisfying and the gameplay is mediocre, but hey its just an opinion. did u enjoy ff12?  how do u like the new battle system and how's the story?

MonkeyStew

for me its kinda in the middle, I bought this game because it was 30 dollars and i heard some good stuff about it, its not bad, I jus dont like the way that monsters can hit you when you are a foot away, but im not finished wit the game yet, so I dont kno how good the story will be

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
^^ you guys arent used to the change yet i can tell, i'm reallying enjoying this game, i have 55 hours put into it
AeRo619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AeRo619
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

^^ you guys arent used to the change yet i can tell, i'm reallying enjoying this game, i have 55 hours put into it 2ndWonder

not really, Im not a fan of turn based games, so i tried this one, and I like the game just battling is a bit frustrating thats all.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
it's a fantastic game, the battle system works great, although it's neither better nor worse than the ATB system.
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#6 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
Im 250+ hours on both the U.S And Japanese version so i could say that i really like the game. The battle system is not that hard and its very easy to learn it.
earvin98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 earvin98
Member since 2006 • 348 Posts
FF12 is a great game
rey-mistyrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rey-mistyrio
Member since 2004 • 875 Posts
im loving it.
Gamerzone23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Gamerzone23
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts
Yes it is wroth it indeed.
herviross_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#11 herviross_2
Member since 2006 • 2689 Posts
It's worth every buck.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
It was worth every penny, to me.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

I think all the FF games are worth it. Even though I haven't played FFXII yet (stupid EU release date) ... but just hearing about a new FF game is enough reason to get it.

:P

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
Yes awesome game. Real time combat is soooo much better than the old FF combat systems. And being able to see enemies so screen and fighting them in real time is so awesome :)
BlueSaberWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlueSaberWolf
Member since 2006 • 581 Posts
Just like what other have mention already, it is a great game.  I have about 130 hours into it.  I thought the story was mediocre because most of the times I spent are either hunting or grinding.  Overall it is a fun game especially if you like fast pace game plus its worth all your penny.
ANUBISZER0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ANUBISZER0
Member since 2005 • 841 Posts
The battle system is not positive or negative for me, I don't care, but what I did not like was the story. They didn't dive deep into the characters like they have done in the other Final Fantasy's. Total letdown.
serpentaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 serpentaurus
Member since 2007 • 294 Posts
Are you kidding? of course it is worth.
Avatar image for thenycest1_b_basic
thenycest1_b_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thenycest1_b_basic
Member since 2002 • 592 Posts
its worth it.

it might not be as attractive as ffx's characters but ff12 stands in its own right.
if you LIKD final fantasy tactics and vagrant story you'll like this game.

pros:
1. combat is REAL time turn based. so in a way its like FFX but u can move around and have the option of using gambits to lessen ur load for inputing commands. whats good about it is that combat moves along faster so in a way its more fun cause you can keep on fighting without changing screens like previous ffx's or running around hoping for a battle.
2. early game you can customize ur characters anyway you like it. speciliazing them so you're more effective.
3. story isn't that bad and the characters are somewhat likable.
4. beautiful graphics and good music.
5. its worth every buck considering buck:gameplay ratio. to beat it u clock around 50hrs. and to fully do everything expect to play 90+ hrs.
6. u missed out on 11. and its been 6 yrs since 10. go get 12!!!!

cons:
1. combat is hate it or love it ( i like it, its a NICE change, if it was like FFx's combat why not jus play ffx, a new game sole purpose is to be new and innovative and i find it new and somewhat innovative).
2. bosses are small compared to the gigantic ones in previous titles.
3. by endgame everyone has the same skills/spells/augmentations so in the end... no one is espeically good at something cuz everyone is good at the same things.

2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#19 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
by endgame everyone has the same skills/spells/augmentations so in the end... no one is espeically good at something cuz everyone is good at the same things.

thenycest1_b_basic
Wrong, the stats still dictate which character is good at a certain task. Even if you give Basch the best Mystic Armor, he still will not be good as Penelo as a mage (provided that you fiully develop her).
Avatar image for BloodAngelAlane
BloodAngelAlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BloodAngelAlane
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
To me the game's amazing, but yeah at first I hated the fighting sstem with the greatest passion in the world but then yeah it gets better the espers are cool and hunts are fun so yeah its great game to me, Teehee I havent finished it yet tho but yeah im like taking my sweet tume with it cuz yeah going back to the beggning after you been in sck high levels is like....uhm....iono its wierd to me >_>;; But yeah the game's awsome to me and I play it every time I have the chance >
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
[QUOTE="thenycest1_b_basic"]by endgame everyone has the same skills/spells/augmentations so in the end... no one is espeically good at something cuz everyone is good at the same things.

2deluxe
Wrong, the stats still dictate which character is good at a certain task. Even if you give Basch the best Mystic Armor, he still will not be good as Penelo as a mage (provided that you fiully develop her).

And you don't have to give everyone every skill.  It's set up so you can customize each character how you like.  By the end of my game I had 3 entirely different characters.  But I did give them all white magic for heals.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I only like it as a RPG, not a Final Fantasy, as a FF it sucks, crappy story, soundtrack and characters except for Balthier and Ashe.
EnaVRi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 EnaVRi
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

The story isn't satisfying?! The gameplay is mediocre?! Are U kiddin'...???

I've played FFXII for 180+ hours and still having fun playing it... Well I think FFXII has a great story, great characters (except Penelo)