Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

I know, I know its madness.

I owned it for a while and I tried to get into it, but I gave up after the first encounter with Ocelot.

I just got too frustrated with how many times I kept getting seen, without the radar screen I suck.

Anyone had a similar experience or have some suggestions?

ferretzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ferretzor
Member since 2005 • 2792 Posts
Try the Subsistence version. You get a new 3D user controlled camera that really helps you to see where the enemies are. Plus you get all the cool extras and the online mode.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Finish it. You must. What mode are you playing it on? I played through Normal the first time, and I must say, even normal is somewhat hard. Since its the first encounter with Ocelot...you are at the abandoned factory right? Well if so, you are not all that far in, so if you want, start over on Very Easy mode... Otherwise, keep trying. This game has THE BEST STORY OF LAST GENERATION...and maybe ever! It just sucks you in, and the end is just kick ass fun to play through!
tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts

Try the Subsistence version. You get a new 3D user controlled camera that really helps you to see where the enemies are. Plus you get all the cool extras and the online mode.ferretzor

The server was shut down.

kails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kails
Member since 2004 • 1249 Posts
WTF??????????????
Juventus_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 Juventus_10
Member since 2003 • 118 Posts

Just force yourself to pick up the controller and play through the game it will be worth it in the end. If you are having trouble playing without the radar you will just have to learn to adapt and it will become easier. Try moving through the jungles at a slower pace and look around a lot as if you were really there.

Ja-nem-ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ja-nem-ba
Member since 2005 • 45 Posts
Dude, the first time you play through is like a gimme. It doesn't matter if you get seen not once or 200 times. Its the next few play throughs that really show how good you are, as long as you play at a harder difficulty each time, because it shows that you're getting better. Don't worry man, just go through the game shooting EVERYONE if you have too, trust me, and everyone else on this, IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

P.S.: Right is wrong. People who have beaten the game might know what I'm talking about.
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts

you have to beat it.it is the only game with an ending that made me shed a tear, because the ending was reallysad and good, but also because the game was over.

soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

no. stop being a little **** jk

go through slowly. and take your time. the game is a sneaking/spy game. so dont do it, and think about what youre gonna do, dont just see what happens and try to go on with it.

willpark73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 willpark73
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts
i agree, without the radar i sucked too. it just took me a while to get used to it. but like everyone else said, the story is amazing, probably the best told on a console. by the way i was seen alot. a whole lot.
meowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meowww
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
just take the controller and play its worth
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
its a good game finish it
MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone I think I'm gonna pick up a copy of Substance this week and give it another shot.

I heard the battle with The End is intense I hope by this time next week I can say I'm digging into the game.

LightGrenades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LightGrenades
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Even if it kills you, finish it. It was the metal gear i have enjoyed the most over the past years.
Szalaszazka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Szalaszazka
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts

I know, I know its madness.

I owned it for a while and I tried to get into it, but I gave up after the first encounter with Ocelot.

I just got too frustrated with how many times I kept getting seen, without the radar screen I suck.

Anyone had a similar experience or have some suggestions?

MarineJcksn

I'm sorry but there's only one name for u : LAME !!!!!!!! and my advice is : please leave this game or take yourself into one piece and finish your mission !!!! IMO MGS3 : subsistence is good only for Sunday Players which don't know antyhing about this series cuz MGS is only real MGS when has his old great camera so ...

Solid_Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Solid_Gabriel
Member since 2005 • 1090 Posts
What!? You never finished the game??? Stop whatever you're doing now and go play it! That's an order! :lol:
vsc2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vsc2009
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

play the end of kingdom hearts I then youl see what im saying

super_police

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 super_police
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts

I confess I never finished it either... I have a bad habit of not completing games because I dont want them to end. I did everything up to the point where you fight the woman in the field full of flowers after transporting the girl to the plane.

which I think is the last fight... so I really should finish it sometime. :O

I dont think I finished mgs2 either... I played up till the boss fight with the three giant robots in the cpu or something (somewhere after the storyline got really bizarre) Im not sure if that is the end of the game or not.

sirkarl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 sirkarl1
Member since 2006 • 6172 Posts
i cant believe u got that far and havent completed it thats shameful! lol
SoldatKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SoldatKnight
Member since 2004 • 1557 Posts
I bought MGS3 Subsistence when it came out and beat it for the first time today lol. :)
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#21 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

Learn to cqc and slit peoples throats and you will have alot more fun. I killed 90%+ of the noob soldiers like that lol.

icemountainb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 icemountainb
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts
I just bought both metal gear solid 2 and 3 recently and have beaten them both. I must say they are some of my favorite games, I honestly shed a tear at the end of snake eater. Off topic, does anyone know if you have to not have any continues when you are going for the no alerts/no kills game to get the stealth camo?