BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

User Lists: 0

#1 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I was just at EB, and looking through their ps1 section, I founf tons of great games for cheap. I picked up Tomb Raider, RE3, fear effect and gallerians, and it was all only $16. And i'll be back soon to pick up the syphon filter series. What a great time to be a gamer. As people clear out all their great games to make room for the next gen, the rest of us get to pick them up cheap. :D

Avatar image for gamfaqs2gamfaqs
gamfaqs2gamfaqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 gamfaqs2gamfaqs
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts
I picked up a game for $60 for my ps3 lol, i probably could of got over 20 ps1 games
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

I was just at EB, and looking through their ps1 section, I founf tons of great games for cheap. I picked up Tomb Raider, RE3, fear effect and gallerians, and it was all only $16. And i'll be back soon to pick up the syphon filter series. What a great time to be a gamer. As people clear out all their great games to make room for the next gen, the rest of us get to pick them up cheap. :D

BuryMe

None of the EB Games stores around me sell PS1 games anymore. I do have three or four game shops around me that do, but it'd be nice if EB Games/Gamestop still sold PS1 games, too.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
Wow, you got fear effect and gallerians, those games are rare and difficult to find.
Good for you. 8)
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

jalexbrown

None of the EB Games stores around me sell PS1 games anymore. I do have three or four game shops around me that do, but it'd be nice if EB Games/Gamestop still sold PS1 games, too.

My Gamestop and EBGames don't sell PS1 games anymore :? When they did though I picked up Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal 2, Vagrant Story, Thrasher Skate and Destroy, Jet Moto 2, Crash Bandicoots 1-3, Syphon Filer (it was a $1.99 lol) and a whole bunch of other games.

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
nice pick up.
i love the PS1. i wish i could find some old games around here.
res0i39c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 res0i39c
Member since 2007 • 2007 Posts
I wish in my area we still had ps1 games. :(
the_unknown11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 the_unknown11
Member since 2007 • 3859 Posts
[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]

nVidiaGaMer

My Gamestop and EBGames don't sell PS1 games anymore :? When they did though I picked up Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal 2, Vagrant Story, Thrasher Skate and Destroy, Jet Moto 2, Crash Bandicoots 1-3, Syphon Filer (it was a $1.99 lol) and a whole bunch of other games.

crash bandicoot had some sweet games for ps1 but now they're ruined

Lisaanne30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Lisaanne30
Member since 2007 • 1472 Posts
Great finds. our eb sells some ps1 but not any good ones i have seen.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

Wow, you got fear effect and gallerians, those games are rare and difficult to find.
Good for you. 8)
dr_jashugan

I got Fear Effect for $4.99 last month. I bagged it on a near-even trade for Gran Turismo 2.

Lonnie2Hottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Lonnie2Hottie
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts
Nice find. PS1 games are nowhere to be found in my area.:cry:
aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aznballer91
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

jalexbrown

what he said.

aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 aznballer91

my ebgames store probably still does sell ps1 games, but no one wants to trade them in T^T

when it did back then, i remember getting FF8, FF9, Legend of Dragoon, MGS 1, FF Chronicles. my god would i give 50$ to go back in time to get an extra copy of FF7 for less than 20$. never bad to own 2 copies of the best game ever.. XD oh well my ff7 is still good

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

I've already begun the hunt for rare PS2 gems, before they become absurdly rare (I made this mistake with the PSX. Goobye to ever getting an original copy of so many games (though, if luck is with you...). My current mission is Shin Megami Tensei/Persona, Harvest Moon, Rez, and Radiata Stories. Good job on finding Fear Effect and Galerians.

When I get to one of the *major* (on an international level) U.S. cities I'll try to track down some PSX games though. Tampa is good for finding rare last-gen games, but beyond that...

Which makes me wonder, do Japanese gamers pay absurd collector prices for JRPGs, or can they still buy a copy of Chrono Trigger in mint condition for $5.00? Is every single JRPG afforded a substantially larger number of units for the Japanese market? I've always assumed that this is the case, of course, and I can't imagine why, from an economic perspective, any company would choose to release an equal number of units for the U.S. when it is a niche market here.

willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
nice dude thats whta i'm doing now
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nVidiaGaMer
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"][QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]

the_unknown11

crash bandicoot had some sweet games for ps1 but now they're ruined

Yeah none of the PS2 Crash Bandicoots are good. I think the best one of all was Crash bandicoot: Warped.

thisguy12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thisguy12345
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
I know what you guys mean, PS1 extinction around here too. :( It's impossible to find any PS1 games in any common stores around here, so if anything its pawn shops or sometimes a lucky garage/yard sale. But you gotta admit it is a golden time to be picking up games you missed out on before, cheap cheap prices if you know where to look. :D
rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts

Nice deals

SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
I want to find the Legend of the Dragoon game and the Chrono Trigger games so badly but who knows if I ever will. There's a store near me that has tons of PS1/N64 games there like Zelda and whatever else. Either way, you have a nice find there.
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
I also still want to get the original 4 .Hack games for the PS2 but those are so rare and impossible to find that it's killing me.
Simba_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Simba_Dude
Member since 2005 • 662 Posts

I am trying to find the .hack games as well got Vol 1 and 3. Once I get 2 and 4 I will play through that series.

And pretty impressive on your finds. Unfortuntly the EB here in the cities around me suck 90% of the time so I resort to like the pawn shops, second hand stores and stuff to find the most rare games that I jhave accumlated in my collection. Like goldeneye, manhunt 1, banjoo kazooie, quake 1 and all its expansions(even if I can't play them... gawd I hate specrfic OS games) Quake 2 and all its expansions, Duke nukem 3D, Metal Gear Solid, and a crap load more I can't remember right now xP I would love to find some PS1 games to build that collection and finally have a reason to hunt downa PS1 console and memory card xP

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#22 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
my gamestop ebs dont sell ps1 n64 any more i wish they did bc its quite funny how when i was in florida there was one store eb and one i knew of none of the others had this,, snes games in 2004 ,, but they wouldnt take n64 ps1 games ne more ,,,, i can go to the pawn in boise ,, they have truckloads of snes nes n64 ps1 and all other classic games for 4,99 -9.99
spanky333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#23 spanky333
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts
In the past week I have managed to find FF IX, FF Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid, and Tomb Raider III in the bargain bins. I think altogether it probably cost me 40 bucks. Makes it worth an extra trip to EB.
OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
That's great deal
Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
gallerians is a great pick and it looks like you had a great deal, most of the gamestop/eb games don't have PS one games anymore.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nVidiaGaMer

In the past week I have managed to find FF IX, FF Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid, and Tomb Raider III in the bargain bins. I think altogether it probably cost me 40 bucks. Makes it worth an extra trip to EB.spanky333
\

Try to find Tomb Raider II. I thought that was the pinnacle of the Tomb Raider Series on the PS1.

vicdmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 vicdmx
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts

Luckly you!

--------------

UT99 is still active with over 2,000 people online.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nVidiaGaMer

I want to find the Legend of the Dragoon game and the Chrono Trigger games so badly but who knows if I ever will. There's a store near me that has tons of PS1/N64 games there like Zelda and whatever else. Either way, you have a nice find there.SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Check this out Legend of Dragoon brand new for cheap $9.95 and Chrono Cross brand new for $14.95!

http://www.estarland.com/Playstation.cat..product.6632.html

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts

jalexbrown

Yeah same here man.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nVidiaGaMer

[QUOTE="SPD_WeBmAsTaH"]I want to find the Legend of the Dragoon game and the Chrono Trigger games so badly but who knows if I ever will. There's a store near me that has tons of PS1/N64 games there like Zelda and whatever else. Either way, you have a nice find there.nVidiaGaMer

Check this out Legend of Dragoon brand new for cheap $9.95 and Chrono Cross brand new for $14.95!

http://www.estarland.com/Playstation.cat..product.6632.html

Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts

Legend. My EB barely has a shelf for the PS2 games.

aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 aznballer91

Legend. My EB barely has a shelf for the PS2 games.

Buffalo_Soulja

thats horrifying.. how can you manage?!

spanky333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 spanky333
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts

Oops.. in my post above I said Chronicles, it was FF Anthology. Sorry about that. Still rockin deal though.

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts
Wow, you are lucky. There are absolutely no places around suburbia that sell ps1 games, and I practically live in one of the biggest metropolitan areas in the United States. You'd think we have some ps1 games but we don't. All the EB games around my area have turned into Gamestops, and they don't sell any ps1 games at all. Which is a shame, because there are a lot of ps1 rpgs that I am looking for and can't find. The only place I can think of that would sell ps1 games around my area would be Disc Replay, which is a store that sells used cds, dvds and even games. And from what I remember, they don't really have a good variety of ps1 games.