Red_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Red_Trigger
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
Say no more, the PS2 is the mother of all RPGs since the Super Nintendo. Sony not only has Final Fantasy games X, X-2, XI, and XII under the hood of the massive PS2 library but also others like Phantasy Star Universe, Disgaea 1&2, Tales of the Abyss, and my current favorite Persona 3. So that proves it, post any other RPGs on PS2 that will prove the console of its rights.
Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts
ps1
bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts
Im sorry, but this is a joke, do you have Gothic 1, 2, 3 , Neverwinter Nights 1, 2, included expansions, Elder Scrolls 1-4, dozens or mmorpg's, and hundreds of mods for each of thses? The PS2 "RPG's" are nothing compared to computer rpg's.
Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts

Im sorry, but this is a joke, do you have Gothic 1, 2, 3 , Neverwinter Nights 1, 2, included expansions, Elder Scrolls 1-4, dozens or mmorpg's, and hundreds of mods for each of thses? The PS2 "RPG's" are nothing compared to computer rpg's.bachilders

then u may as well combine ps1 and ps2 together

Avatar image for lostchildoftime
lostchildoftime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 lostchildoftime
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts
Well, given that the PS2 supports both PS2 and PS1 RPGs, I agree that the PS2 is the best system for RPGs. The magnitude of all the games it can support far outweighs that of the PC and old-school systems like the SNES.
fantasymuslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 fantasymuslim
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
yah ps1 and ps2 are the rpg systems lol
Just_in

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Just_in
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts

I was ps3 had some more..-_-

ps1 and ps2 both had a crazy line up of awesome rpgs.

2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#9 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Correction, a Japanese number cruncher giant. Too many people don't even know what makes a real RPG anymore. The deep quest, the character customization, power of which destiny to choose, the imagination left on the player, etc. Japanese number crunchers are simplified versions of what a real RPG is. They are often as deep as a kiddy pool. Often have no control on the story and destiny. Often have too much emphasis on BAD stories. Often have UGLY looking CRAPNIME characters. Often have too much androgyny. All Japan did is bastardized real RPGs in order to make them accessible to the Japanese audience which are a bit more dimwitted when it comes to role playing games. Mind you some number crunchers are good (FFXII), but to call the PS2 as an RPG giant is just pure ignorance.
Lisaanne30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Lisaanne30
Member since 2007 • 1472 Posts
ps1 and ps2 do have great rpg games
Blizzrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blizzrad
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

Correction, a Japanese number cruncher giant. Too many people don't even know what makes a real RPG anymore. The deep quest, the character customization, power of which destiny to choose, the imagination left on the player, etc. Japanese number crunchers are simplified versions of what a real RPG is. They are often as deep as a kiddy pool. Often have no control on the story and destiny. Often have too much emphasis on BAD stories. Often have UGLY looking CRAPNIME characters. Often have too much androgyny. All Japan did is bastardized real RPGs in order to make them accessible to the Japanese audience which are a bit more dimwitted when it comes to role playing games. Mind you some number crunchers are good (FFXII), but to call the PS2 as an RPG giant is just pure ignorance. 2deluxe

*Troll Appears!*
Command?

A: Fight

B: Spell

C: Item

D: Run

willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts

yes i agree

jamestabang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 jamestabang
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts
PS2 is a real RPG giant, but the PS1 is THE best real RPG giant. -FF7, FF8, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Im sorry, but this is a joke, do you have Gothic 1, 2, 3 , Neverwinter Nights 1, 2, included expansions, Elder Scrolls 1-4, dozens or mmorpg's, and hundreds of mods for each of thses? The PS2 "RPG's" are nothing compared to computer rpg's.bachilders

im pretty sure he's talkin consoles you elitist f***

Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sexy_Pirate
Member since 2006 • 3298 Posts

[QUOTE="2deluxe"]Correction, a Japanese number cruncher giant. Too many people don't even know what makes a real RPG anymore. The deep quest, the character customization, power of which destiny to choose, the imagination left on the player, etc. Japanese number crunchers are simplified versions of what a real RPG is. They are often as deep as a kiddy pool. Often have no control on the story and destiny. Often have too much emphasis on BAD stories. Often have UGLY looking CRAPNIME characters. Often have too much androgyny. All Japan did is bastardized real RPGs in order to make them accessible to the Japanese audience which are a bit more dimwitted when it comes to role playing games. Mind you some number crunchers are good (FFXII), but to call the PS2 as an RPG giant is just pure ignorance. Blizzrad

*Troll Appears!*
Command?

A: Fight

B: Spell

C: Item

D: Run

*Clicks attack

Use Thunder!

Enemy takes not enough damage and keeps running his mouth!

Drunko_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Drunko_Elf
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts

I play my SNES sometimes...

Still can't seem to clock Donkey Kong Country (3), and I have an RPG on it,something to do with crystals, I can't remember.

Just thought I'd bring that up, I'm proud of my SNES ;)

Tipcloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Tipcloc
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i agree ps2 is god of RPG's
Taysir_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Taysir_Z
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts
yea PS2 is a good RPG
OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
Totally agree
PreLuDe_DuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PreLuDe_DuDe
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
Dont you even dare compare a JRPG to Western RPGS. There is no comparison. The Playstation has always been the leader in RPGS. JRPGS sell far more better.
GMcConville92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GMcConville92
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts
Yeah i have to agree with one of the guys at the start, i don't think anything can beat PC for RPGs
FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
definetly ps1. playstation in general has been an rpg giant ever since squaresoft came around. and ever since square and enix merged, BOOM.
FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts

*came around = broke off from nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Actually I think pc rpgs are utter **** (havent tried witcher yet), Baldurs gate sucked, good story but didn't like the system it used. Neverwinter nights wasok but again didn't like the system. I have only played Elder Scrolls 4 and from what I have played its an overhyped shallow story. I don't like many of the console rpgs any more aside from a name few like FF6, DQ 8, FF9, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem (Its srpg), and Shining Force. Btw before you try the old fanboy bs on me I have been playing pc fps's closing on 13 years now and will always prefer those over consoles pos's but that is a story in itself.

rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts
I agree
electric9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points