how much is a phat ps2 worth?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Serchant (785 posts) -
Well, I'm selling my phat PS2 since its now only gonna be collecting dust. So how much is a phat ps2 worth?.
#2 Posted by Moo-Moo-Milk (1007 posts) -
I think used big PS2's sell for $60-70 at Gamestop so if you sell it there then you'll probably get around $25-30
#3 Posted by mariokart64fan (20584 posts) -
you really want to know ,, i tried to trade in a practically good ps2 in good condition all gamestop/eb would give me for it is 25 $ now this was in 2003 so advance 5 years later and i dont even think itll be more then that it may be worth less ! now then it did when i tried to trade mine in , and belive me it isnt worth it 25 $ compare to the prices some of us had payed for it since its last price drop(150) and like me payed 299,99 for it at launch !
#4 Posted by res0i39c (2007 posts) -
Sell it on ebay. You might get more.
#5 Posted by Threesixtyci (4451 posts) -

Well, I'm selling my phat PS2 since its now only gonna be collecting dust. So how much is a phat ps2 worth?.Serchant

...and what exactly brought you to that conclusion? A PS3 purchase per chance? Because if that's the case....your logic is flawed. http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus Insert your favorite games and see for youself....

#6 Posted by Skull-Fire (2267 posts) -

you really want to know ,, i tried to trade in a practically good ps2 in good condition all gamestop/eb would give me for it is 25 $ now this was in 2003 so advance 5 years later and i dont even think itll be more then that it may be worth less ! now then it did when i tried to trade mine in , and belive me it isnt worth it 25 $ compare to the prices some of us had payed for it since its last price drop(150) and like me payed 299,99 for it at launch ! mariokart64fan

THats your own fault for selling it to EB. Great for buying from, bad for selling to.

#7 Posted by Serchant (785 posts) -
heh, I think I can sell it to a friend for $70! How does that sound? :D
#8 Posted by spanky333 (885 posts) -

phat PS2 is worth about $100 than an original Xbox, as the Xbox is completely discontinued, and the PS2 has games set for release well into 2008.. perhaps beyond.

(actually $30 stated below is a lot more like it. I was referring to the Xbox being abandoned more than the actual value of a PS2)

#9 Posted by mlcj15 (175 posts) -
You can buy them used from Gamestop for around $70, and that comes with a short warranty. I wouldn't count on getting much more than that
#10 Posted by OtakuRay (658 posts) -
30$