LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts

After playing many of the big holiday releases on the 360(Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Halo 3, COD4) I am bored, and felt like playing some PS2 again... well because lets face it... PS2 is awesome!

I got FF12 and Okami, and both the Kingdom Hearts games lying around
! Never really gotten far in any of tem. Except for FF12! I got 20 hours in that game, but I havent touched it for half a year!

Other games I thought about buying: Persona 3, God of War 2, Bully, Manhunt 2, God Hand and Rogue Galaxy.

I am looking for something with an excellent story and captivating world. None of the games I have played for 360 or in this generation for any platform, has managed to grab me, by the way MGS3 and GTA3 and Vice City did. Does games dont only have great stories, with good scripts and voice acting, but also great worlds that take you in. And IMO, thats something that no amount of normal mapping or HDR or some other fancy next gen effects can replace.

Stories I also enjoyed on PS2: San Andreas, FFX, MGS2, Freedom Fighters, God of War, Devil May Cry 3.

I know these kinda of threads keep popping up, but I have to say it. Stories is really my main motivation for finishing a game. Immersion has become a key aspect of myself enjoying a game these days. Highscores and beating the bosses and finding the secret areas or collecting all the stars, really don't have an appeal for me anymore. Granted, maybe I should be watching a movie or reading a book instead, but I love good stories in games.

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts

I recomend playing Okami again, that game has an awesome mythological story.

Persona 3 has also a cool story witha touch of grimm.

Rogue Galaxy is a very long game but not that great of a story, some if its conent is very much cliche'd.

suikoden 3 has a good story which i highly recomend and same with Dragon Quest 8.

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
Persona 3,Suikoden V,Rogue Galaxy,MGS 3......
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
Try the Soul Reaver series. 8)
Inditra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Inditra
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
I liked the Rogue Galaxy story. Digital Devil Saga has a fantastic story and great characters.
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LuffyTubby

PERSONA 3. can I enjoy this game despite not having played any of the previous games?

rouge galaxy - does it have japanese voice acting or is it only dub!?

i also have ico and shadow of the colossus. have not been able to get into them, but some people say that they rock.

Inditra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 Inditra
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
If you don't want your copies of ICO or Shadow, you can send them to me.
-Gray_Fox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Gray_Fox-
Member since 2005 • 2578 Posts
my advice to u is... beat all ur games first!
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LuffyTubby

my advice to u is... beat all ur games first!-Gray_Fox-

If It does not have a great story i feel like that i have wasted my time! So I really need to know if these games are good enough to warrant a playthrough. I got tons of better things to do that do useless sidemissions and stuff in games. But a great story is something that sticks with you, and is engulfed in your brain!

Someone said Okami. So I will give that one a shot.

Maybe I should sell Kingdom Hearts 1,2, SoTC, Ico and and FF12!

Raider762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Raider762
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts
Try God of War 1 or 2 they have great stories and can be picked up for like $20 and $40. If you haven't played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, you should. And you just want to play a game for 200 hourstry Morrowind on the PC and all of its expansion packs.
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LuffyTubby
Odin Sphere and Valkyrie Profile 2 also looks interesting!
matticus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 matticus1
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I rarely sit down and play one game, I usually play several at once. God Of War 1 and 2 is one of those games that the storyline was so good I couldn't play other games while playing God oF War. Awesome storyline!
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Can't answer your second question....

But yeah, Persona 3 is a stand alone game, doesn't take place in the P1-P2 universe. There are small tie ins via TV dialog that is in the livingroom and a S-link talks about P2, but describes it asa video game..... Really P3 has no connection to the previous Persona games. And the gameplay is nothing like the Previous Persona games. Game play is closer to DDS and Nocturne, really.

Ico and Collossus isn't for everyone. They are more for people who like puzzle type games. And for those that can absorb themselves into the atmosphere of those two games... Anyone who can't... will find them boring.

If story is truely your main drive.... the test to that will be Rule of Rose. Very Deep story.... beyond pitiful gameplay. There is Resident Evil 4, Onimusha series, Haunting Ground. Fatal Frame series,I feel, is the best adventure/horror series ever made. FFX has a good story, MGS3 (suggest buying Subsistance, oh but you already listed MGS3, didn't see it.).... MGS1... you said you played MGS2.... ohyeah...forgot about it....."Yakuza" has a very good story. Reminds me of the main plot of Cowboy Bebop, in a way.

Odin Sphere has a series of good stories.... but the problem with that game is the slowdown during heavy action scenes, and Boss battles that have special effects, such as the last boss battle of the first book, and the first boss battle of the second book. Also requires you to do a lot of cooking and ingredence collectingto level up....properly.

I recommend Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant, as well....

snakeyes101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 snakeyes101
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts
All the FF games rule on story lines, especialy 9 & 10
thetruth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points